PDA

View Full Version : Pathing - Warrens - 0.6.6-772

inkubus
04-21-2006, 08:41 PM
Hi all,

I appear to be having difficulty with pathing in the warrens on EQEmu-0.6.6-772. I've custom spawned the zone and all appears to be working fine with aggro and targetting. However, when an npc is low on health, instead of running around walls the npc will run directly through a wall and as you can imagine this is aggroing alot of other npcs in the zone.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this and/or work around the issue. Some players have asked for us to disable the npcs from trying to run away when low on health but I'm unsure as to how to do this.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

InKy

Belfedia
04-21-2006, 10:02 PM
Have you maps directory in your server directory ?

inkubus
04-21-2006, 10:08 PM
Yep, the maps are all in and i can target and hit an npc/cast spells on an npc with no sight problems.

cavedude
04-22-2006, 01:42 AM
That's fleeing. You have to disable that in features.h and re-compile.

inkubus
04-22-2006, 10:19 AM
That's fantastic, i'll do that now as a work around.

How would i go about correcting pathing issues with fleeing?

fathernitwit
04-24-2006, 02:01 AM
its a very large problem to take on, but if you have a significant background in linear algebra/3d math and common 3d techniques/algorthms you may be able to work on the stuff that I have started.

klinzhai
04-24-2006, 02:12 AM
What methods for pathing are they currently using? It shouldn't be that much different from the normal pathfinding that they use (like when a mob goes after a PC.... unless they run through the walls normally too).