PDA

View Full Version : caveman serverpack lan setup

armflailing
04-23-2006, 02:59 PM
Hi, I installed caveman's serverpack3.5 installer, and I have titanium eq installed. I'm trying to setup a LAN server. Could someone give me an easy rundown of the settings I need to change after installing the serverpack3.5 installer to run it on a LAN setup. I'm a noob at this and I was about to give up but I found caveman's installer and everything seems to be running fine if I was going to host a public server, but I can't login to my server because it's not setup for LAN. Any help is appreciated thanks.

klinzhai
04-23-2006, 03:15 PM
Choose the 'Minilogin' option when you install.

armflailing
04-23-2006, 03:27 PM
i chose that option, I can login and get to server select screen but there are no servers in the list to choose from.

daemonreaver
04-23-2006, 04:17 PM
i chose that option, I can login and get to server select screen but there are no servers in the list to choose from.

That is due to a lack of the "variables" table, setting "servertype" to "1", as well as not specifying "localhost" in the XML for "Address" and "LocalAddress".

Meaning:

SQL, Table "Variables", set "ServerType" to "1"
SQL, Table "Variables", set "LoginType" to "minilogin"
XML, in <world>, set <address>localhost</address>
XML, in <world>, set <localaddress>localhost</localaddress>

World.exe has issues sending "127.0.0.1" to minilogin.

Also, make sure that you've set up the XML for using
<host>localhost</host>
<port>5999</port>
under <loginserver>

armflailing
04-23-2006, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the information, I made the changes to the xml file, i'm not sure how to edit the variables table. Could you explain in a bit more detail how to edit the variables table and where its located. Thanks

daemonreaver
04-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the information, I made the changes to the xml file, i'm not sure how to edit the variables table. Could you explain in a bit more detail how to edit the variables table and where its located. Thanks

http://www.navicat.com/ :) (trial)

Loads easier than using the cmd console.

armflailing
04-23-2006, 04:58 PM
i'm downloading the program, gonna take a while (dialup sucks). While I'm downloading that, a few questions. What should my eqhost.txt look like? Should it just say:

[LoginServer]
Host=localhost:5999

also, now I get a msg from eqlauncher that says error 10061, and its trying to connect to 127.0.0.1:9000, is this because I haven't changed the variables table yet?

Do i need to change anything in db.ini or loginserver.ini?

daemonreaver
04-23-2006, 06:25 PM
i'm downloading the program, gonna take a while (dialup sucks). While I'm downloading that, a few questions. What should my eqhost.txt look like? Should it just say:

[LoginServer]

also, now I get a msg from eqlauncher that says error 10061, and its trying to connect to 127.0.0.1:9000, is this because I haven't changed the variables table yet?

Do i need to change anything in db.ini or loginserver.ini?

EQhost.txt:

[LoginServer]

as far as eqlauncher, it's trying to connect to world.exe (9000)

make sure world.exe is running

world.exe may crash (exit) on startup if it can't conect to MySQL, so make sure that the XML isn't missing any <'s or >'s, and that the username and password match (and DB name)..

also, if you are using newer than MySQL 4.0 (this includes 4.1.x and newer.. try not to use 5.x, stick with 4.1 or 4.0)...

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20294

The error is typical since MySQL 4.1 has a newer password format than 4.0 (EMU is based on 4.0's)

-edit: added comment-

Logging off for the night, may not be able to help (post here) for a few nights. good luck with it.

keep in mind, if you're using 0.7.0, that word.exe 8will* crash (close) randomly when zoning in game. Just restart it and wait for EQ to dump you to login.

armflailing
04-23-2006, 06:51 PM
well, i got the server name to show up in server select but when I click on play everquest I get booted back to the login screen. I get an unkown packet error also.

klinzhai
04-23-2006, 07:35 PM
Did you ever run "Everquest.exe"? If you've patched, you're borked and have to reinstall Titanium fresh.

zempEMU
04-24-2006, 12:19 AM
I was having the same issue as the first post originally this weekend. I changed my MySQl to 4.0.10 and then reinstalled 3.5 and all worked out. Just FYI

armflailing
04-24-2006, 03:59 AM
Right now when I try to play on my server I get an error from minilogin that say's unknown packet and then it just kicks me back to login screen. I'm using mysql 4.0.26. There's got to be a setting somewhere that I've screwed up on, I can't figure it out.

ichijin
04-24-2006, 04:20 AM
See here: http://eqemu.sesmar.net/forum/index.php?topic=137.0

armflailing
04-24-2006, 07:17 AM
looks good, will try that when I get home.

armflailing
04-24-2006, 03:31 PM
First of all, thanks for all your help, I can finally log into my own server from the server machine. Now I just need your help to figure out how to log on from a different machine. I tried to log onto another machine on my lan with ip of 192.168.0.3, and it crashes back to login screen like my server machine used to, also sometimes I get the msg that I need to rerun the eq patcher but I'm using the titanium install on my other machine too.

klinzhai
04-25-2006, 12:50 AM
In the server config file, wherever you see 127.0.0.1, replace it with your eq server's IP address (192.168.0.2?). If you look around here a bit, there was another person who was having problems with that and I think that's how that was fixed.

Remember that you have to create a user account (in the accounts table on the database) for the user with a password (EQ don't like when you don't have a password) and the IP address of the client computer specified.

I really wish they'd allow you to have someone connect from anywhere (like entering *.*.*.* or even 192.168.*.*) instead of making you enter the IP. That's a huge pain in the hiney, to have to know the IP address that your computer will *always* be at.

armflailing
04-25-2006, 06:00 AM
Ok, Thanks I finally got my client to connect, but I'm faced with another problem. I know everyone is getting disconnected on death right now, but whenever I'm logged in on my server computer playing, and I log in with a character on my client, the other computer gets diconnected and when it goes back to the character select it shows the other computers account, not the one I logged in with. This is the same if I log in from the server while the client is in the game. I was able to get in the game at the same time, and I even joined a group with the other character, but as soon as I zoned it disconnected the client.

zempEMU
04-25-2006, 06:04 AM
I have not gotten this far yet...I will try tonight and see if it does the same for me.

Kirgothi
04-25-2006, 11:20 AM
I am having similar problems still. When I first try to log into the server, it hangs at the "Logging into the server. Please wait..." screen. I then close EQ and restart, then I can log in just fine.

After that, every time I zone world.exe has to close and it brings up the screen wanting me to "Tell Microsoft." On a couple occasions, when I try to zone, it gives me the message that zone.exe must close.

Kir

armflailing
04-25-2006, 12:04 PM
I haven't gotten any errors that caused it to close, It just disconnects the other computer when I zone, then at character select it shows the other computers account. Once I log out and back in, I can get into the game again until someone zones, then it will disconnect the other computer again. /shrug

klinzhai
04-25-2006, 12:26 PM
Are you using multiple accounts or the same account to login? It might be a safety issue where you can't login twice to the same account. Just a guess. You might also want to space out your 'zoning' activities.

armflailing
04-25-2006, 12:32 PM
i have separate accounts made for each computer, one has account name test, and ip 192.168.0.1, and the other has act name emu and ip 192.168.0.3

zempEMU
04-26-2006, 01:17 AM
Using Minilogin (cant get public to work at all)

I can run the world local (server and client on the same box) and create a player and get in and play

If I have a client on another box, (and have added a login in my eq SQL database name, password, 250 gm status)I have the set up so the client can see the server in the server list when logging in, and when they connect it hangs...and one the server side it shows a new connection from IP

the cleint will time out and boot back to the login screen, and the server will show an error in the log ( something about unknow OP code and unknown packet...I have it written down at home)

So I cannot not get any of my frineds connected to this server :-[

daemonreaver
04-26-2006, 11:24 AM
Right now, it sems that 0.7.0 doesn't *exactly* work with Titanium/Minilogin combination outside of on the same machine. Meaning logging in from another PC or using the public login server. World just doesn't seem to understand the opcodes. It runs fine local, but after a while tends to eat up memory.

armflailing
04-27-2006, 07:48 AM
It seems i've figured out my problem with getting disconnected when one computer zones. I changed the ip of the client computer from 192.168.0.3 to 192.168.0.101. The host ip is 192.168.0.1. Apparently having the client set to 0.3 was causing a problem , once I changed it to 0.101 and changed it in the account settings, everything works now. I dont get disconnected when zoning anymore and now it doesnt show the other computer's account when I log in.