PDA

View Full Version : Legacy of Zek - Need some help/Hints on some stuff

Smedy
05-01-2006, 02:27 AM
Hey all,

Im currently the only one working on Legacy of Zek and im very new to eqemu. Ive learn quiet abit the last week. Ive done all the loottables, npc spawns, zoneline setups, modifying all spells to use the old spell effects aswell.

One thing i cannot figure out is how to turn the server FFA pvp. Ive tried the so called "ServerType 1" variable, in the DB, sure this activates pvp. But its not full pvp. All names are still blue, and special abilities like "kick" cannot be used unless i do #pvp on ....

Also i need help finding where i can add pvp rulesets, like if i wanna do like the orginal Zek on live right now, i want to have a restricted level range that you can pvp within. Lets say if youre level 30, you can only attack someone as low as 22 and as high as 48 (8/8 above/below level range), how do i do this? I figure its somewhere in the source-code, but i couldnt find it.

Another thing i need, is a completed faction table compatible with 0.6.6 that works like a duplicate of live, i want guards to assist, mobs to agroo like that.

Another thing (that might be faction related) is that green mobs seems to have as high agroo range as the red ones. They attack from fairly far when they are ready to attack, i cannot remember it being like this on live.

Also if anyone is willing to help me on this project, youre welcome to contact me (dke) in #legacyofzek , i could use alot of help as its alot of work doing this by my self :)

thanks!

EDIT: Ohh yea almost forgot, bow on ranged damage seems to have a max damage of 1, how do i fix this?

Gobbe
05-03-2006, 05:05 AM
bet ya that somone knows something but dont wanna tell :(

Belfedia
05-03-2006, 07:00 AM
All pvp server i see have custom code, i don't know if curent release contain a PVP parameter. :(

Smedy
05-03-2006, 10:51 AM
anyclue which release i could use to have pvp paratameter already in the code, possibly pvp points also? is there any?