PDA

View Full Version : 0.7.0 Server and Minilogin. Login Issues.

Cynicide
05-08-2006, 08:28 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if someone can help me with an issue I have when I try to start login to the server.

I have followed the guide at http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=WindowsServer70 and I have gotten the server up and running on a Windows server on my LAN. I added an account for my EQ machine into the database.

I have installed the original EQ and Kunark and I have patched up to the lastest level as of yesterday. When I try to log in the client stops responding and I get the following message on the server.

903890 New client from ip: 192.168.1.51 port: 3827
Unknown packet: .4233692 [92.153.64.0:15->0.0.0.0:0]
[OpCode 0x0003 (OP_Unknown) Size=11]
00000: 00 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 | ...........

I'm guessing this means my client sent something to the login server which it didn't understand. Can anyone shed any more light on this?

At the moment I'm trying to get some more information regarding my game version, I will edit this post when I get it.

Thanks.

sakrod
05-09-2006, 05:16 AM
In order to connect to .7.0 servers you must have the Titanium client from the fresh install of Titanium. In other words, buy Titanium for $20 and then follow these steps from the Player's wiki

Step 5 - Creating Shortcut
Now, you will need to create a shortcut to launch EverQuest and bypass the EQLive patcher (if this step is not taken, you will launch the patcher and overwrite the EQHost.txt file that you just modified, making you connect to the global EQLive Login Server). To do this, go into your EverQuest directory. Locate the EQGAME.EXE file. Right-click on the file and select "Create Shortcut." You can rename this shortcut and drag it anywhere you'd like (most people like to put it on their desktop). Now, right-click that shortcut and select Properties. In the target box, you will see the path to the eqgame.exe file. We need to edit this so that it will pass an argument to that executable when the shortcut is launched. At the end of the text box (after any parenthases), add "patchme" (no quotes). Your target box should look similar to this:

"C:\Program Files\Everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme

Cynicide
05-09-2006, 10:53 AM
Thanks for your reply. I'm actually in Australia and we don't seem to have Titanium down here yet. If the issue is that I've patched too far ahead I'll just wait for the emulator to catch up.

XiNoID
05-12-2006, 02:01 AM
NO! you shouldn't have titanium i have EQ with all expansions and i can play freely on public EQ0.7.0 servers! but i cannot play on my own =(

Belfedia
05-12-2006, 06:47 AM
Thanks for your reply. I'm actually in Australia and we don't seem to have Titanium down here yet. If the issue is that I've patched too far ahead I'll just wait for the emulator to catch up.

Sorry, but the only legal choice for play eqemu is to buy titanium (you can buy it even in australia by internet). Or find a illegal backpatch, but Speak about, Give, link this kind of files is WAREZ on eqemulator forum even in PM. This is the forum rules and for break this you can be ban.

BFC
05-13-2006, 09:16 AM
This may or may not help you, you do need to have a Titanium compatible client/install to play.

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?p=120355#post120355

good luck,

-BFC

vales
05-13-2006, 11:57 AM
Nice job! :D

I was finally available to connect on my LAN with the server being hosted on another PC. I've tried everything I could think of and I have read the topics numerous times. I do have to mention that it did work earlier under Hamachi for some strange reason. But anyways, I decided to try this method since it's less cryptic, and it worked.

I still get the .4233692 OP_Unknown error, but it proceeds to log into the server nonetheless, just like you mentioned in the other topic. However, I don't have a fully populated eqemu_config.xml file. Mine just works fine as is from the basic DRP installer. I just edited the address, localaddress and host fields to reflect my server's LAN IP.

So my hats off to you. :) I just picked up the EMU a few days ago and the new wikki entry makes much more sense now.

I did have to edit the wikki for the MySQLCC link though - hope you don't mind. ;)

XiNoID
05-13-2006, 10:26 PM
i did not help me damn what shall i do =(