PDA

View Full Version : Help with external connections to server

tiff
05-08-2006, 10:35 PM
Hi I have my own server up and running, took alot of wikki reading and forum serachs to accomplish but I finaly did it, however I am the only one that can connect to my server. I am behind a router, and have followed the router fix wikki but still no computer out side of my router can connect, although all 3 of my computers behind the router can, could anyone help pls?

sesmar
05-08-2006, 11:15 PM
You need to make sure that you are forwarding the correct ports to your server machine from the router.

Forward port 9000 for world.
And then you will need to forward the correct ports for your zones as well. They should be specified in your configuration .xml file.

tiff
05-08-2006, 11:29 PM
For simplicity of life, could you tell me how to do that exactly? not sure what you mean to forward ports on my router.

sesmar
05-08-2006, 11:46 PM
For instructions specific to your router you would have to look it up in the manual or Documentation that you got with your router. Usually though you would type in 192.168.1.1 in your web browser, from here it will prompt you for a username and password to log into the router (consult manual for default username and password) Then you want to look for setting to allow you to forward ports to sepcific network IP's. For my router it is under Advanced->Forwarding.

I hope this helps some.

sakrod
05-09-2006, 05:21 AM
A very easy fix is to get Hamachi. This program allows you to be on a VPN with almost no configuration. Just isntall, reboot, and join a network. Have your friends do the same and join your network. The best part is that it works with minilogin so no need to do any ip forwarding.

tiff
05-09-2006, 06:28 AM
I set my router to redirect all traffic from port 9000 to my pc but no one out side of the router can login. is there some sort of setting I need to fix/update with the eqemu itself?

tiff
05-09-2006, 07:39 AM
tryed the hamachi, pvn server as well still nothing out side of my router, what should I post so you know what I have set up and what I should change.

sakrod
05-09-2006, 07:45 AM
Did the others outside your router set up Hamachi too?

tiff
05-09-2006, 02:27 PM
yes and they still cant connect, the only thing left I can think of is that the configuration files in eqemu is not set up properly, what files should I post to see if I have it set up right? My router is configured to redirect all traffic on port 9000 to my pc, and the hamachi Pvn installed corecctly and my friends logged on to mine correctly, but they still could not connect at this point I'm at a lose. guess I can /shrug.

joeyw
05-09-2006, 04:02 PM
You should enable DMZ on your router and set the ip to the computer running the server. I did this on mine because my friends couldnt connect, after i did, works perfect.

rojadruid
05-09-2006, 04:24 PM
I set my router to redirect all traffic from port 9000 to my pc but no one out side of the router can login. is there some sort of setting I need to fix/update with the eqemu itself?

okay your router should be forwarding all tcp/udp traffic on ports 5999, 9000, and the ports required for each zone your booting up. me I use 7000 - 7100. They should all point to your eqemu server box.

also make note that you have made any required "HOSTS" file changes required.

Give that a shot see what happens.

Kirgothi
05-10-2006, 02:56 PM
okay your router should be forwarding all tcp/udp traffic on ports 5999, 9000, and the ports required for each zone your booting up. me I use 7000 - 7100. They should all point to your eqemu server box.

How do we know what ports are required for each zone we are booting up?

I have tried everything on this thread and I still can't get anyone outside my router to connect. They were getting a 1017 error, but now when they pick my server and try to enter the game, the screen goes black for about a minute and then they get put back to the login screen.

Belfedia
05-11-2006, 12:41 AM
How do we know what ports are required for each zone we are booting up?

This is easy, you know the zone ports, because you have choose them :
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ServerConfiguration#zones
in you xml configuration file.

sakrod
05-11-2006, 12:49 AM
I have tried everything on this thread and I still can't get anyone outside my router to connect. They were getting a 1017 error, but now when they pick my server and try to enter the game, the screen goes black for about a minute and then they get put back to the login screen.

Not sure of your setup, but try replacing all instances of 127.0.0.1 in your eqemu_config.xml to your real IP address.

tiff
05-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Its up and running now thanks, is there any script or anything that will get npc's to argo?

Belfedia
05-11-2006, 11:38 PM
You want to say Agro instead argo, i think ?
Agro no need particulary files, Have you maps files in root maps directory ?
you can find it here : http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=88515

hansolojim
05-12-2006, 12:51 AM
Thanks for all the info.
I am having a similar problem. My server worked all weekend fine and even had 5 players at once!
The problem came up when I added my router. I have forwarded all the ports needed and now am just waiting on someone to try loading up the Icy Hot Stuntaz and see if it works.
My question is about zone ports. I have forwarded 7000-7100, but I'm not sure about those port numbers. I'm using 7.0 with a fresh install of titanium and I can't find the info in my xml file. 7.0 has the smaller xml with less information and I can't find the longer more detailed xml file.
Does 7.0 use 7000-7100 for zones still?

(I did try search, but couldn't find what I was looking for. If this is a stupid question, I apologize in advance.)

Kirgothi
05-12-2006, 05:36 AM
Tiff,

What did you change to get it working?

Belfedia
05-12-2006, 06:33 AM
Thanks for all the info.
I am having a similar problem. My server worked all weekend fine and even had 5 players at once!
The problem came up when I added my router. I have forwarded all the ports needed and now am just waiting on someone to try loading up the Icy Hot Stuntaz and see if it works.
My question is about zone ports. I have forwarded 7000-7100, but I'm not sure about those port numbers. I'm using 7.0 with a fresh install of titanium and I can't find the info in my xml file. 7.0 has the smaller xml with less information and I can't find the longer more detailed xml file.
Does 7.0 use 7000-7100 for zones still?

(I did try search, but couldn't find what I was looking for. If this is a stupid question, I apologize in advance.)

You can find port zone config in your xml file.

hansolojim
05-12-2006, 07:09 AM
my eqemu_config.xml (7.0)

"<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>emuIHS</shortname>
<longname>Icy Hot Stuntaz (Legit)</longname>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
<key>some long random string</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service. -->
<http port="9080" enabled="true" mimefile="mime.types" />
</world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>hxxxxxx</username>
<password>XXXX</password>
<db>eq</db>
</database>
</server>
"

Is it the http port 9090?

Belfedia
05-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Plz read all link i give when i speak about xml config in this thread :
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ServerConfiguration#zones
Your xml config file isn't complete ;) you don't have any part about zones in your.

<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>setme</shortname>
<longname>I Forgot To Edit My Config</longname>

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. (read: You don't) -->
<!-- <address>some.server.com</address> -->
<!-- <localaddress>192.168.0.5</localaddress> -->

<!-- Loginserver information. Defaults shown -->
<loginserver>
<host>eqemulator.net</host>
<port>5998</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

<!-- Server status. Default is unlocked -->
<!--<locked/>-->
<!-- <unlocked/> -->

<!-- Sets the ip/port for the tcp connections. Both zones and console (if enabled). Defaults are shown -->
<tcp ip="localhost" port="9000" telnet="disable"/>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
<key>some long random string</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service. Defaults are shown -->
<http port="9080" enabled="false" mimefile="mime.types" />
</world>

<!-- Chatserver (channels) information. Defaults shown -->
<chatserver>
<host>channels.eqemulator.net</host>
<port>7778</port>
</chatserver>

<!-- Mailserver (in-game mail) information. Defaults shown -->
<mailserver>
<host>channels.eqemulator.net</host>
<port>7779</port>
</mailserver>

<zones>
<defaultstatus>20</defaultstatus>

<!-- Sets port range for world to use to auto configure zones -->
<ports low="7000" high="7100"/>
</zones>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. Defaults shown -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>eq</username>
<password>eq</password>
<db>eq</db>
</database>

<!-- Launcher Configuration -->
<launcher>
<!-- <logprefix>logs/zone-</logprefix> -->
<!-- <logsuffix>.log</logsuffix> -->
<!-- <exe>zone.exe or ./zone</exe> -->
<!-- <timers restart="10000" reterminate="10000" initial="20000" interval="2000"> -->
</launcher>

<!-- File locations. Defaults shown -->
<files>
<!-- <spells>spells_us.txt</spells> -->
<!-- <opcodes>opcodes.conf</opcodes> -->
<!-- <logsettings>log.ini</logsettings> -->
<!-- <eqtime>eqtime.cfg</eqtime> -->
</files>
<!-- Directory locations. Defaults shown -->
<directories>
<!-- <maps>Maps</maps> -->
<!-- <quests>quests</quests> -->
<!-- <plugins>plugins</plugins> -->
</directories>
</server>

hansolojim
05-13-2006, 02:46 AM
Sorry, I was confused. Thank you Belfedia, you fixed all my problems. You're the best!
It was all router issues, my server has been working fine now.