PDA

View Full Version : One thing to add to the windows 7.0 server setup tutorial....

Hamarabi
05-09-2006, 08:26 AM
Hello everybody! Amazing work you all do here. I followed the guide for setting up a windows eqemu 7.0 server from this page http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=WindowsServer70 and it works flawlessly. I would like to add that it took a bit longer than 10 minutes for me to source the db's. It took about 35 minutes to source both cavedude and PEQ's db using cavedudes server pack setup. The only reason I mention this is so that people don't think the sourcing froze up. My advice is to be patient and give it some time. :)

The first time I installed cavedude's server pack, I chose just his db during the setup and it ran perfectly, but there were no quests, so I thought I would see how PEQ's db worked out and re-installed with both db's. Ultimately, I would like to work in all of the quests into cavedude's db so I can have the best of both worlds, but thats probably more work than I want to do. Maybe just a few essential ones.

I have a linux box that I plan to use for my server, but I wanted to do it the easy way first, just to get things going. hehe

I am running an old computer for the server, here are the specs.

Windows XP Pro SP2
AMD Athalon XP 2200+
KV266 motherboard
ATI Radeon 9200 128mb
1GB PC 3200 266mhz
550W power supply

My linux box is the same, except the video card is a G-Force FX 5200 128mb.

Thanks for reading.

Hamarabi

fathernitwit
05-09-2006, 12:38 PM
fyi... wiki means user editable... just make the change :)

SonOfCycle
05-10-2006, 04:16 AM
It's probably 'cuz of your ram and processor. I have AMD 3400+, and 2 gig 400mhz ram. It finished in about 2-3 minutes just for Cavedude's.

Belfedia
05-10-2006, 12:00 PM
It's probably 'cuz of your ram and processor. I have AMD 3400+, and 2 gig 400mhz ram. It finished in about 2-3 minutes just for Cavedude's.

Yes it is, i have same time on A64 3500 config.