PDA

View Full Version : Models

moydock
05-13-2006, 08:42 AM
Can anyone help me out with this?

I want to load models into zones but there is no comprehensive list of model names. I looked at the this thread (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15742&page=1&pp=15&highlight=model+list) which lists a bunch of them. However, if I want to load race 34 for example, a bat model, the guidebook doesn't list the _chr name, and it is not listed on that thread.

I've looked around and it appears there are ulilities to view the models but I am just having no luck. Open eq, eqviewer, I tried these... I can load the bmp files for a given zone, but I can't figure out how to go through npc models. I think I am not understanding something about the models.

Is there a utility that can go through the model file names to view them, ie

icy,icy_chr
ihu,ihu_chr
isb,isb_chr
ibr,ibr_chr
ilb,ilb_chr
ise,ise_chr

load one of these and see what it is?

shamanistik
05-13-2006, 03:48 PM
I use the thread you probably talk about, check the bottom of the list, there's numbers, numbers are the reference for the PEQeditor or inside your SQL table on NPC, you can also check what they look like with this :

http://eqfroggy.ath.cx/download/Guidebook13.7z

On the guidebook you have also the xxx,xxx_chr sometimes, also details the genders, and texture for the different mobs, works fine so far (except the new model of evil eye I still can't forceload :( the model of the "all-seeing eye in PoM for ench epic, but think it's a problem with gender or texture, always bored with that and start doing something else eheh)

Guide is not really complete, but mixed with the thread you know, you'll be able to spawn 80% of the mobs in any zone prolly

Et vive la france ! (Thanks to Belfedia for the link)

moydock
05-13-2006, 05:11 PM
I have the guidebook, and yes it lists some. But without a tool to view s3d models myself or something I can't find many of their names. That post and the guidebook take care of 80%, but I want more to choose from. Im repopulating some zones from scratch for a custom server and Im trying to stay away from the models normally in the zone.

Also it would be nice to just have a complete list, to make a post for other people. It's pretty close to done.

shamanistik
05-13-2006, 06:45 PM
so do I, revamping almost every zones, then just do like me, try to remember where the mob you want pop, try to find the _chr.txt with that mob in it, try, until it work, write it on a txt file, and post it when it done, last to finish pay a beer

EDIT : on a side note, if you using PEQeditor like I do, it seems some model numbers are corrupt, also working that out.
As an exemple, the all-seeing eye model is listed 374:watchful eye, after 30 mins trying to find out why it was impossible to make it work, noticed on EQemu guidebook this model was listed as 375, 2 mins and a #race 375 later, it was working, noticed some other models are not where they should be too

moydock
05-13-2006, 09:53 PM
Yeah that sounds painful. I don't use peq, can't get it configured properly.
Does peq have some way of letting you view models without loading the client?

It would take hours to track a single model down by guessing _chr file names. Also, don't the _chr files only list models being force loaded to a zone -- that is -- wouldn't it be possible the model you are searching for isn't force loaded to a zone but part of the default loads for that zone?

shamanistik
05-14-2006, 03:27 AM
no _chr.txt for a zone = models in the s3d file, so it will probably be called xxx,thezone_chr

And all you have to do is to remember a zone that also have this character, hours? took me 5 mins here, but know the game very well

moydock
05-14-2006, 07:39 AM
Ok so Feerrott has the following _chr file

ten,ten_chr
tar,tar
rtn,rtn
btn,btn
den,cazicthule_chr2
spi,ecommons_chr
phx,poair_chr
efe,poair_chr
frg,gukbottom_chr
cst,cst
eey,eey_chr
snk,snk

Now I know feerrott has bats. So these are all the non global models in for a zone? Zones don't have a list of models they load by default? If they don't I see what you mean. However I don't know how you do it in five minutes. Say I load a bat race 34, I have to make an npc then load eq potentially 12 times to find the correct model. Do you have something I don't as far as checking models by name?

Heh I see in this example btn, btn is likely the bat :)

shamanistik
05-14-2006, 09:06 AM
zones have models loaded by default, in the s3d file, txt make it possible to add models after, for revamp or special events I think, so you have the regular zone mobs in s3d, but s3d files calls for a "zonename_chr.txt"

Even if a zone don't have a _chr.txt file, you can create one, I did this with Kurn that had no txt file, created one and it works just fine

And do to do it in 5 mins, check the mobs you want in the EQemu pdf, check numbers (or directly the xxx,xxx_chr sometimes)
Check the thread about models on this forum if the model name.txt is found already
if not try to figure it out
Edit your eq directory
Play :)

If you made an error just do as if they were loaded correctly, scribe it somewhere so you don't forget, and fix later.. :)

EDIT: btw aye btn is probably bats, from newbie zone, rtn is also rats probably

pepsi_cola
05-14-2006, 09:25 AM
Here is a link where you can download a utility that can extract the contents in the s3d files: http://kaboom.shortweb.com/Applications/EQSR.html

I still have not been able to find a utility that can display the wld files. Hopefully this will help out. If anyone is able to find a utility where you can view the wld files, please let us know. :D

Belfedia
05-14-2006, 11:31 AM
For browse S3D files and know Model name in a zone , you can use s3Dspy :
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/S3DSpy_1.2.zip?use_mirror=ovh

moydock
05-14-2006, 03:06 PM
ahh I understand now thanks guys. I didn't understand that the xxx,zonename_chr is just a format to load files from the s3d. Ill post an updated list some time in the future with what ever I come up with in my travels :)