PDA

View Full Version : Tomes?

Hollissa
05-23-2006, 12:29 PM
I have searched the forums for anything about Tomes, the kind warriors turn in for abilites like Throw Stone, and have not been able to find anything. My question is, is there a Guild Master you can turn a Tome into and receive the ability? If yes who?
If no, why? Are these abilities not supported by EQEmu at this time or is scripting a turnin that grants an ability that big of a nightmare?
I am using the eq database that is included with cavedude's 3.52 installer and EQEmu 0.7.0.

jimbabwe
05-23-2006, 01:23 PM
I think the turnin works, but i think disciplines are broken right now.

Hollissa
05-23-2006, 01:26 PM
I tried all 3 of the warrior GMs in PoK, all of them took the book but didn't give me the ability.

fathernitwit
05-23-2006, 03:42 PM
you have to have the quests for the NPCs, and since your likely using PEQ's quest pack, you will need to visit zones which are populated by PEQ for the quests to be in place.

Smeeg
05-25-2006, 07:50 AM
I've wondered the same thing. I'm using 0.6.6. with PEQ. However, I haven't played live in a while, so the tome thing is new to me. If u get a tome, where/who do you turn it into to get the skill? I've been able to summon the tomes with the cavedood database, but not the PEQ.

d00d
05-25-2006, 05:20 PM
i believe for warriors there is a GM in freeport you can turn some of the tomes into, just something i saw when going through the quest editor for freeport and selecting one of the warrior GMs.

Hollissa
05-26-2006, 09:51 AM
Captain Hazran in west freeport does take the warrior tomes and gives the abilities. I tried to edit the warrior GMs in PoK to take the tomes as well but I don't understand the script and my copy/paste attempt ended with a client crash to desktop. :( I would appreciate it if anyone who knows what they are doing would post the script I need to paste into the Warrior GMs Quest .pl file.

swish
05-26-2006, 11:16 AM
hey guys, i was wondering if it is possible to set a quest to give all the discs at once ? cause i was trying to put merchants for all tomes/classes and i found out that there are too many tomes heh. like 400 i think

ylosh
05-26-2006, 01:48 PM
hollissa - here is the plugin FNW created for class gm's to take tomes and train the players. copy this into a file called guildmasters.pl and place this into your plugins folder.

#looks through the items haded in for discipline tomes,
#processing them as we find them.
sub try_tome_handins {
my $itemcount = shift;
my $isclass = shift;
my $expectclass = shift;

my @tomes = ();
foreach my $i(keys %{$itemcount}) {
if(quest::isdisctome($i)) {
push(@tomes, $i);
delete $itemcount->{$i};
}
}
if(@tomes > 0) {
if($isclass eq $expectclass) {
foreach my $i(@tomes) {
quest::traindisc($i);
}
} else {
quest::say('You are not a member of my guild. I will not train you!');
foreach my $i(@tomes) {
$itemcount->{$i} = 1;
}
}
}
}

1;

then put these few lines into the sub EVENT_ITEM section of the .pl file for the guildmasters you want to be able take tome handins. replace 'Ranger' with the name of the class being trained. also assumes you have the check_handin/return_items plugin but you can get that from cvs if you don't already.

#do all other handins first with plugin, then let it do disciplines
plugin::try_tome_handins(\%itemcount, $class, 'Ranger');
plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);

swish
05-27-2006, 03:34 AM
Thanks alot I will try it out.
Also I was wondering if there is a way to to make a quest that will train your disciplines for free up to a certain level like 65 for example.
Cause I was trying to put all the disc tomes on merchants and it requires alot of work. There are alot of tomes. Or maybe there are any merchants that already have all the class specific tomes ?

Thanks for helping =)

faumadanu
05-29-2006, 09:27 PM
wrong posted message ...

Cant delete it !

fathernitwit
05-30-2006, 02:50 PM
you can make a quest to call quest::traindisc(ITEMID) a bunch of time for each tome you want to act like they handed in.