PDA

View Full Version : EQW Question

Bludburst
05-30-2002, 12:07 PM
This may not be the right forum, but I think you guys might know whats up. For some reason, I can't figure out why, EQW has had a problem crop up outta nowhere.

My problem is, I can't type in the EQW window.. It's like the keyboard isnt working with EQW or something, I've tried CTRL ALT R and CTRL ALT I and ALT TABBING, no other programs are working or anything, but for some reason, keyboard isnt working in EQW.. This is a problem because i cant play EQ at all, can't type in my password to get in-game, and even if I could get past that, wouldnt be able to move or anything.. I can still click on the buttons at the log in screen however.... Any ideas on what might be wrong? Not sure if it is related, but it happened after I downloaded and installed latest version of the emu, but EQW was working for a while with the new version.. But one day it started up and just wont work.

EQW isn't allowing keyboard to work with both the emu and normal eq. Any ideas?

Lurker_005
05-30-2002, 12:29 PM
OK, this is about the 5th post regarding EQW so far today. People please read the other messages or do a search before posting. Like the post from earlier today titled "did the latest patch break EQW"

The latest patch (5-30-02) broke EQW. EQW is writen by someone else not involved with eqemu. There is no eta on it working, or if it ever will be. The guy who wrote it and has the source code aparently quit playing EQ over a year ago.

morpheus014
05-30-2002, 12:59 PM
oh boy :P this could be interesting

chocobo
05-30-2002, 04:01 PM
wow! well im sorry but i must admit we have to many posts

Bludburst
05-30-2002, 04:28 PM
I'm not psychic, I thought this was a new problem... I use the search feature all the time, I just didnt think this was a problem anyone else is having... Maybe you should post an announcement on the main page to inform ppl?

Lurker_005
05-30-2002, 07:34 PM
Bludlust, the post wasn't directed directly at you :cool:
It is just that this happens EVERY time there is a patch. There was a post 2 lines down asking the same question in the subject. Baron Sprite even posted the day before warning about an upcomming patch. Many people have posted about backing up your EQ files. And watch, there will be more posts tomorrow.

Then there will be posts asking when the emu will be updated, dispite the forum rules.

Oh and the post it on the main page... The patch wasn't expected till the 5th Besides last patch Shawn did that, and there were still posts for 2 weeks asking why the emu wasn't working.