PDA

View Full Version : Here is cavedudes POK for 7.0

Thristam
07-14-2006, 05:41 AM
I dunno if anyone else wants this, but im going to make it available here (http://www.thristam.com/database/pok_7_0.rar) for download.

Basically, this is all of Cavedudes Plane Of Knowledge work by itself, useable up to 7.0.823.

Personally, i use PEQ, but have began migrating certian zones of Cavedudes into my DB. I figured if somone wanted to have POK, but still wanted to use PEQ DB, this would be the way for them to do it.

As usual, if you see anything missing or zomthing being broke, lemme know.

Currently, the only thing i know of thats missing is the TP to Arena2.

I would like to say THANK YOU! to people like FNW and cavedude for taking the time to do all this work and give it to the community. These guys should get freeking metals.

To use: Download Winrar from http://www.rarlabs.com and download the rar. extract and then source the .sql file into your DB.

SCROFT
07-14-2006, 05:59 AM
Little confused...

Are you saying this file is set to add POK to PEQ... with data from Cavemans DB?

Are you trying to merge the 2 DB's to get the best of both worlds?

I hope so as I think this would be very good for the Community. Also if this is your intentions... I would be willing to help. I know I am new to all of this, but I do know PHP and MySql... so if you you give me a basic run down on how to merge the info zone by zone(I figure it is a matter of comparing the DB's and making changes, but need to know all of the tables affected)... I would be very willing to help.

Angelox
07-14-2006, 06:43 AM
I dunno if anyone else wants this, but im going to make it available here (http://www.thristam.com/database/pok_7_0.rar) for download.

Basically, this is all of Cavedudes Plane Of Knowledge work by itself, useable up to 7.0.823.

Personally, i use PEQ, but have began migrating certian zones of Cavedudes into my DB. I figured if somone wanted to have POK, but still wanted to use PEQ DB, this would be the way for them to do it.

As usual, if you see anything missing or zomthing being broke, lemme know.

Currently, the only thing i know of thats missing is the TP to Arena2.

I would like to say THANK YOU! to people like FNW and cavedude for taking the time to do all this work and give it to the community. These guys should get freeking metals.

To use: Download Winrar from http://www.rarlabs.com and download the rar. extract and then source the .sql file into your DB.

I downloaded and sourced - worked very well, Thank you very much.

Thristam
07-14-2006, 06:54 AM
Yes. This is the POK Zone, complete with all objects, merchants, npcs, etc. In a standalone SQL format. All you have to do is source the file into your PEQ db and you will have POK.

I plan on going zone by zone and Converting/adding them as a standalone SQL file so people who would like to have just one zone of a certian type are able to. OR if you wanna have an event, and then afterwards be able to add everything in, you would be able to do just this zone.

This is used in my world, so i know it works, however i may have missed somthing. If i did, gimme a holler.

Scroft, i would love some help, tho this might end up being a one man thing (due to the way im converting them.) contact me in game on Azodia. or in IRC, maybe we can work out a system where we can make it more efficent.

Angelox
07-14-2006, 07:10 AM
You can also dump spawns, and grids;
spawn2, spawnentry, spawngroup, grid, grid_entries. This is how I started with my LoY Zones.
If you do, could you PM me these separatly? I already sourced what you had posted.

tallerin
07-14-2006, 07:53 AM
that would be very helpful for all the zones that people pull from Cavedudes Db to merge with peq put them all together on one dl sight.

I have already merge cavedudes DB to Peq (which was tedious to do all at once would have been easier the way Angelox told me to do it hehe). And now i am going zone by zone adding missing spawns and fixng spawns that are untargetable adding loot tables and faction.

SCROFT
07-14-2006, 08:10 AM
Sounds like tallerin is ahead of both of us... any way we can coordinate and or work together? This way were not all doing the same thing.

Thristam
07-14-2006, 08:27 AM
in the version you DL'd

npc_types
Spawn2
Spawngroup
Merchantlist
doors

Added:

SpawnEntries
grid
gridentries

SQL pack is updated with the missing data, and i created a FIX for the stuff that anyone DL' d prior to this fix here (http://www.thristam.com/database/pok_fix.rar)

Thanks for the heads up man, i forgot to add one of my notepads together...hehe

Angelox
07-14-2006, 11:07 AM
in the version you DL'd

npc_types
Spawn2
Spawngroup
Merchantlist
doors

Added:

SpawnEntries
grid
gridentries

SQL pack is updated with the missing data, and i created a FIX for the stuff that anyone DL' d prior to this fix here (http://www.thristam.com/database/pok_fix.rar)

Thanks for the heads up man, i forgot to add one of my notepads together...hehe

All working now, thanks - I never really looked at how much was done by Cavedude in PoK. I noticed the portal to Gulf of Gunthark is not there, but this is probably because it was a recent addition. also, how would i go about getting the return-books to work?

Angelox
07-15-2006, 10:06 AM
that would be very helpful for all the zones that people pull from Cavedudes Db to merge with peq put them all together on one dl sight.

I have already merge cavedudes DB to Peq (which was tedious to do all at once would have been easier the way Angelox told me to do it hehe). And now i am going zone by zone adding missing spawns and fixng spawns that are untargetable adding loot tables and faction.

I didn't realize this tell later also, I have a pile of work already done, that I need to fix - at least we are getting somewhere, by sharing our stuff now - I'm trying to make my zones more "complete" before I post them, But I get stuck a lot on things I don't know how to do, and, am learning.

Angelox
07-15-2006, 10:09 AM
Sounds like tallerin is ahead of both of us... any way we can coordinate and or work together? This way were not all doing the same thing.

My website belongs to me and is always on - if anyone is interested, we can arrange something for posting sql work, I'm a terrible web artist, If anyone can do better, I'll let them do the posting too.

Thristam
07-15-2006, 12:03 PM
Same, i have my own website but im not a web designer by a long shot. I would be happy to post my work elsewhere. I can make a basic page with links to all the stuff.

You can usually find me on irc or in game.

EliteSting
07-15-2006, 08:45 PM
Perhaps Ive been up too long and it's going in one ear and out the other , but how exactly do you take the NPC info of one zone and turn it into a SQL file that someone else can source into thier database ? And how could you do that with NPC loot tables if two people are using the same version database , just giving them a SQL file to be able to update the loot tables of npc's in a particular zone ? I've been trying to come up with a SQL file that can just be sourced into an existing database that updates loot tables that Ive done. I've been working on getting loot tables of zones to be as close to live as I can , but just don't know enough about SQL to get it to work I guess. Thanks in advance for any help !!! It's very much appreciated !

GregorMc
07-16-2006, 02:03 AM
Hi, I'm new to this and am not sure i'm doing it right. When i try to source in the pok file in mysql it gives me this error over and over till i cntl^c out of the function;

Error 1136: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

any ideas?

Thanks In Advance;
Gregor

tallerin
07-16-2006, 02:06 AM
your DB is not the same version as what this sql is for. if it is for eqemu 0.7.823 you will have to run that version of eqemu and add the changes from the changelog to your db so it is compatible.

Angelox
07-16-2006, 02:08 AM
Perhaps Ive been up too long and it's going in one ear and out the other , but how exactly do you take the NPC info of one zone and turn it into a SQL file that someone else can source into thier database ? And how could you do that with NPC loot tables if two people are using the same version database , just giving them a SQL file to be able to update the loot tables of npc's in a particular zone ? I've been trying to come up with a SQL file that can just be sourced into an existing database that updates loot tables that Ive done. I've been working on getting loot tables of zones to be as close to live as I can , but just don't know enough about SQL to get it to work I guess. Thanks in advance for any help !!! It's very much appreciated !

All of this can be done, you just have to navigate these forums better. To me, loot tables are the toughest, but Sesmar also posted a solution to that in this same thread. I think we are all staying cose to live as can be , without packet collectors.
What you need to keep in mind is how to keep your work easy to access. On my last Dulak dump, I easily picked off my loot-table work, since I tagged them all with the zone-id.

GregorMc
07-16-2006, 02:39 AM
tallerin;

Im not sure which it is, i used cavedudes installer with the option for the 7.0 server and the peq database.

tallerin
07-16-2006, 02:46 AM
You will have to grab cavedudes installer for 0.7.823 for this .SQL to source into the PEQ database. You might have to add the changes to the PEQ databse from the change log but doubt it.

jeffpuff
07-17-2006, 07:43 AM
This worked perfectly!!

Thank you Thristam for posting your work, and I'll keep an eye out as you make more planar zones available. Great job!

Jeff

sylverwolf
07-18-2006, 06:19 AM
Just installed this on 833. Installed and ran flawlessly. Little surprised that I didn't have to redo any of the changelog fixes. But it aint broke so I aint fixin' it. Very nice work :)

GregorMc
07-18-2006, 07:08 AM
what version of 7.0 is in cavedudes 3.52 installer. that is what i installed with peqs database and cannot get this to merge into my database because of the above mentioned error. Am kind of stumped here

Greg

Angelox
07-18-2006, 08:57 AM
what version of 7.0 is in cavedudes 3.52 installer. that is what i installed with peqs database and cannot get this to merge into my database because of the above mentioned error. Am kind of stumped here

Greg

After you are done with the install and are sure it's all working, next,you have to go here;
http://www.eqemulator.net/download.php
download and manually install the latest binaries - NOTE: you have go through all the changelogs and source in sql lines posted when you see them. If you don't, NOTHING WILL WORK.
If you haven't done this yet, then that's your problem.

GeorgeS
07-29-2006, 02:48 PM
That's correct, schema changes since 0.7.0 makes this a bit of a headache. As mentioned you have to run the sql changes since 0.7.0 in the downloads section, one at a time....

GeorgeS

venecha
11-26-2006, 06:14 AM
I found out when I downloaded the .sql fix for the pok mobs that the updated-for-titanium peq database had more fields than what the original fix had. I fixed the fix, but am not sure where to upload it to share with the community.

I am relatively new to all this, but figured with all the work going on out there, the least I could do was save someone else the time and share the changes. To be more specific on what the error was, I originally got an error that said something along the lines that the number of columns didn't match.

I am using the version of peq that is compatable with Titanium.
Thanks!
Venecha

(Be nice to a n00b)