PDA

View Full Version : login files

mudman
06-01-2002, 11:52 AM
Hi all,

Hi,

I am new to the Emu community. I read the readme.txt very carefully and checked off things as I went. A couple questions, hopefully these have not been asked before too many times, I also read every post to check that but may have missed a couple. I shall just trace the steps in the readme, and mention where I had trouble with "?" after it :

I am attempting to make a server on the eqemu site

Part 1: Setting up to work with emulator
1)eqpatched to current version
2.3)EQW 2.22 downloaded
4)Eqhost.txt modified with eqlogin1.eqemu.org:5999 addresses and saved, (note I made a backup "safe" EQ directory, identical to the EQ files and folders of course), where I plan to run a "emu version" of eq from.

Part 2: Setting up the EQEmu
1)Unzipped eqemu-0.3.3.1-win32.zip to a dir called c:\eqemu, note I dint do anything with eqemu-0.3.3.1-source.zip that is for Linux I suppose ??
2)Copied spdat.eff from EQ dir to c:\eqemu dir
Part 3: mySQL setup
1)Dowloaded and installed mysql-3.23.49-win.zip
2)Copied db.sql to my C:\mysql\bin dir
3)Ran Winmysqladmin.exe and put in PW and username
4..6) Created database eq, and kept Winmysqladmin.exe running in background, green light.
7) ran mysql from C:\mysql\bin, typed "use eq", database changed
8) typed "source db.sql" no errors

Part 4:Setting up EQEmu ini
1)edit db.ini to have mySQL Pw and user names,
2)edit loginserver.ini as follows:

worldname=<<<here I put in my server name I just made up something?
account= left this blank
password= left this blank
worldaddress= I put in the IP my ADSL was currently using, this is a dynamic IP addy ???? not the IP of my PC itself

3) edit Boot5zones.Win9x.bat , since im using win98,
"YourIP" 7995 127.0.0.1"
"YourIP" this text was replaced with my current IP which is dynamic

Part 5. Running the server
1)Ran world.exe, at this point it said done for all but , it did not say Loading spells?

2)Ran Boot5zones.exe: 5 Windows come up with following messages

Finished Boot5Zones - no message, Window - 7995, Window - 7996, Window - 7997, Window - 7998, Window - 7999 All say sleeping with done.

Should these Dos windows remain open? or can the be closed out??

3)run EQW

I get wrong version of client.....

Have i missed something there was not much mention of the V1.03 login files binaries. Do i need to use these. The readme for those was kind of cryptic. Thanks.

M.

Files Used:
Operating System: Win98Se
EMU downloaded: eqemu-0.3.3.1-win32.zip
Mysql downloaded and installed: mysql-3.23.49-win.zip
EW version: 2.22
Everquest Directory: Made a backup one with this command for start: C:\EverquestEQEmu\eqgame.exe patchme

Lurker_005
06-01-2002, 12:40 PM
Give it a try again, the eqemu login servers were just updated.

Leave the workd and zone windows running.
You may run into problems later if you have a router of anykind on your network, but this won't stop you from conecting to the loginserver and playing on other servers...

publiclogin is for running your own small private loginserver (lan play)

Shawn319
06-01-2002, 01:46 PM
It should work now since the loginserver was recently updated to work with latest patch (5-30-02).

Public login is something completely differant, that is a Loginserver you make yourself (without using eqlogin.eqemu.net loginservers). it is unsupported and not reccomended.

mudman
06-01-2002, 02:40 PM

mudman
06-01-2002, 03:27 PM
nt