PDA

View Full Version : Starting a Netserver not a lanserver with minilogin?

Terethian
08-23-2006, 10:24 AM
Ok I want my close friends to log in, my comuter is the server and minilogin. I am using a usb cable modem and just one pc connected to the net. I change the IP address in several files to match my IP for example 24.72.157.62 and I change my friends and my eqhost.txt to 24.72.157.62 but no dice. I can only seem to get this to work if I change all the eqemu xml ini and the eqhost.txt to 127.1.0.0 whatever. And of course that will only work for me... Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks =)

Terethian
08-24-2006, 06:03 AM
I think this was because when I first started I had all the ips on 127 and after I changed the database ip address where my character was in the account section it let me log in. I'm hoping later today my friend will try to log in and hopefully it won't put him in the same account... whenever I log in it does not matter what username and password i enter i automatically hit my character so that DOES worry me that it is not really working right....

Aramid
08-24-2006, 06:28 AM
If you are using minilogin, the name and password make NO difference. Your authentication is by your IP ADDRESS ONLY.

Your friend has to have a UNIQUE IP ADDRESS to get another account and it has to be SETUP in the ACCOUNTS TABLE BEFORE he tries to login. Also, unless you are using something like Hamachi, it's not going to work for you unless he is ON YOUR LOCAL LAN, in other words, in your house connected to your system directly.
If you want him to be able to connect to you from his house, get something like Hamachi www.hamachi.cc .