PDA

View Full Version : Maps

skiter
09-19-2006, 05:08 PM
Hmmm i dont know where to put this hope heres good
when i play on my server and try to zone to diffrent areas all the chars get stuck in the zone books and either have to jump out or just cant get out (Nexus) see i wanted to goto the nexus to buy a few things on my server warped witht he stone got there and was stuck in the zone book so i used the gm command #zone nexus worked good but then i want to goto the bazaar and nothing is there its just a grey blank map with nothing no walls nothing

Anyone know anything? if not ok
Thanks alot guys your the best

Dr Zauis
09-20-2006, 08:39 AM
For the bazaar thing. You are probably zoning to the old bazaar coordinates
wich are outside new bazaar. Maybe location 10 10 10 will get you in the new bazaar. You can reset your safezone coordinates once you are in.
But new bazaar have transporters and they dont work so new bazaar is pretty much junk. Maybe if you can delete the new bazaar zone files in your client you will get to the old bazaar.
But other players who havent deleted those files will end up in "nothing" cause they are zoning to old bazaar coordinates but they have new bazaar
zone files..

Same thing with lavastorm..Most people zone there and think its broke but really they need to delete new lavastorm to get to the old one..

I hope I make sense! LOL!

Aramid
09-20-2006, 08:58 AM
Exactly, your zoning inside a column in the New Bazaar, so you would have to change the coordinates, but like Dr. Zauis said, would probably be better to get the old bazaar files, same thing goes in Nek forest. All NPCs are set to old Nek zone, so they don't look right in new zone.. If you have Original CD's for EQ, the ones from before the New Bazaar came, you can get them by installing eq in a different place and then copying the files over to your client. Of course, everyone that uses your server would have to do the same... In time, not quickly of course, the DB may come current with these zones.... So, choose your own path on this one...

Wizardanim
09-20-2006, 09:24 AM
If you can access your database, open up the Doors tables and look at the doors with pok500 in the name...

Offhand i forget what the name is exactly, but if you sort them by the name you should find them with no problem.

Each entry has a listing of books within each zone, IE: A book in pok for a port to nexus... or a book in nexus for a port to Pok, your stuck because the books coordinates are the same and the destination coordiantes like Dr. Z said... Find the spots you like within PoK, and just change them to the right coords... /loc in the game is very usefull... just take that location and stick it in the destination field.

- Tip: I checked what Dr. Z said and : if you have an installation from a long time ago (ie before old bazaar, year ago?) You can remove the .eqg files for bazaar and use the s3d files to load the older zones. Same with lavastorm, same with nek forest.

-wiz

Angelox
09-20-2006, 11:05 AM
I think if we ever get that eqg map converter, we might be able to make new maps.