PDA

View Full Version : Linux, Intel 64-bit, and EQEMu 070

John Adams
10-25-2006, 10:36 AM
Should this baby compile under Fedora Core 5 using gcc 4.1 on an Intel x64 processor? Having immediate fatal error compiling EmuShareMem after following eq4me's newer LinuxGuide. All software is installed and running (yum update has nothing to do), the system is pretty vanilla - nothing fancy loaded except a Teamspeak RC2 server.

I found a post by FNW saying Athlon should be ok, and that SPARC has issues, so I am wondering if Fedora Core 5 Intel x64 does as well. Any advice would be appreciated.

Error: The only thing I see odd are extended ascii chars in the error messages - but assumed those were just limitations in the terminal.
make -C EMuShareMem
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/eqemu/build/EQEmu-0.7.0-871/EMuShareMem'
gcc -c -Wall -Wuninitialized -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wno-deprecated -Wcomment -Wcast-align -DDEBUG=1 -DCATCH_CRASH -g -fPIC -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE -DINVERSEXY -DFX Doors.cpp -o Doors.o
../zone/../common/Item.h: In member function ?std::string ItemInst::Serialize(sint16) const?:
../zone/../common/Item.h:438: error: cast from ?const ItemInst*? to ?uint32? loses precision
make[1]: *** [Doors.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/eqemu/build/EQEmu-0.7.0-871/EMuShareMem'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Those funky ascii's I mentioned wouldn't allow me to save the thread... so I replaced them with ?'s... the char is the small 'a' with a caret over it '^'.

fathernitwit
10-26-2006, 01:33 AM
gah... I see the issue, its in the titanium support code. I will see about fixing this..

make sure you use makeifle.a64 when there is one too..

John Adams
10-26-2006, 05:09 AM
Thanks FNW, I thought I was just missing something obvious. Use makefile.a64 even if it's an Intel processor? I did try make -f makefile.a64 on zone, same failure. I even changed the makefile itself to try -m64, but nothing was working.

Thanks in advance, I was about to put FC5 i386 back on this x64 machine just to use the emu again - but i'll wait til you post a fix. Let me know if there's anything (easy) I can do to help. :)