PDA

View Full Version : How to lock a ZONE to a certain zone?

PrivateIdaho
06-03-2002, 11:38 AM
I would like to start ZONE up with only a particular zone loaded, and it never changes (IE ecommons, rivervale, very common zones).

how does one go about that?

(and 2nd question for those who got this far, where's the list of what npcspecialattk?)

bot403
06-03-2002, 01:58 PM
Is that even possible? If its not that should be posted as a feature request.:p

stormgod
06-03-2002, 02:56 PM
I think Malevolent did that some time ago but I dont know if its in the emu actually

stormgod
06-03-2002, 03:07 PM
wrong post hehe

Yodason
06-03-2002, 03:14 PM
I was working on this, but gave up, with a few problems on my server I'm tempted to start again, in essense it SHOULD be possible.

NPCSPECIALATTACK
see the changelog in the 3.3 src zip

Yodason
06-03-2002, 03:29 PM
in zone.cpp
ln 318 change
if (numclients == 0) {
to
if (1=0) {

furthermore... when in the batch file change . to the zone you want. for example . begcomes nro

Lurker_005
06-03-2002, 04:46 PM
yea, the batch file is probably all you need for what you want.

zone??.exe [zone shortname] yourip port 127.0.0.1

so an example

zone9x.exe freportw 52.34.234.3 7995 127.0.0.1

PrivateIdaho
06-03-2002, 09:44 PM
Tried that, didn't seem to work.. it still chnaged zones as it felt like it. ;(

Yodason
06-04-2002, 02:55 AM
even with the code modification? shouldn't have...

Lurker_005
06-04-2002, 05:21 AM
Try setting PersistentZoneState in the variables table to 1

Or recompile zone with yoda's code

but you should be able to set it to stay running the same zone without recompiling it.... as I recall Trumpcard had a post some time back where he talked about it.

PrivateIdaho
06-05-2002, 05:16 AM
persistant didn't do it either..

Ideally, you could set up, say, 2-3 zones fixed on certain zones, already popped (since one reason people get kicked a lot on zoning is the delay of zone startup time) which would help a LOT.

There are several issues like this that I'd love to see a fix for. Is 3.3.2 coming any time soon, if so I'll wait for that and the min/max dmg fix all at once. :)

Yodason
06-05-2002, 05:38 AM
hmm.. Quite wierd.... I may have to look further... compile thing shuld have fixed.

rubydefiance
06-05-2002, 05:36 PM
Just tried with and without recompile, neither one loaded the zone on that specific zone server on startup nor when I zoned in from a different zone. I'd like to know, specifically because I would like to run a different compile version for one specific zone where peeps can set all their skills, since the recompiled zone.exe that fixes the #setskill and #setallskill commands crashes in about half the zones. :( I'm hoping the devteam doesn't get hindered by the same problem I'm having.

Lon

rubydefiance
06-05-2002, 06:01 PM
UPDATE: I found a way to do what we're trying to do. You do need to recompile zone.exe with line 318 of zone.cpp always false, this is so the zone never unloads when the last person leaves the zone. The way to load it is, close one of your normal zone.exe windows (optional), then run zoneperm.exe (that's what I called the new zone.exe) with all parameters the same as the old zone.exe. Check your world.exe window to get the ID of the zoneperm.exe (mine was #6 the time I ran it). Get into the game as serverop, then issue #bootupzone ID shortzonename, such as #bootupzone 6 oggok (oggok is one of the zones I found to not crash with the new compile for #setallskill to work). Now zoneperm.exe is permanently serving oggok zone. The only other I tried that worked was grobb, but I did not try too many, and with #zone command available to everyone that should not matter if you only are using this the way I am.

Lon

Yodason
06-06-2002, 03:47 AM
ah i had it always returning true!

rubydefiance
06-06-2002, 04:15 AM
Yep, 1 never equals 0 ;)

Lon

ramccor
06-06-2002, 03:48 PM
I almost have that option now coded into the zone servers. I am doing testing now. I added a command line flag to tell the zone server to lock onto this zone. I believe that I have it working now. Once I have it working with holdzones=1 I will post the diff. So far it is straight forward.

Question: How does the world server know the command line to use to respawn the zones? Is there any way to pass a variable number of command line arguments back to world server?