PDA

View Full Version : And it was going sooo well ........

rastaboogie
06-03-2002, 06:22 PM
Well, after a day of enjoying EQEMU, i decided I would log off and adjust my character and some items using EQAdmin. After doing that, I tried to log back on and I got into the World no problem, I would then go instantly LD. I double checked all the settings. But I hadnt changed a thing (aside from editing my char in EQAdmin) So I thought it might be conflicting stats that the world wouldnt accept (such as too many hp, doesnt understand level 75) although some mobs are that level. So anyways I deleted my character and started a new one... same thing. So I rebooted my PC (as any good windows user would do) and tried again. Same thing LD. So I deleted ALL files linked to EQEmu and unzipped everything again (including MySQL) and started from scratch. Carefully going over the steps I got back to "Create a character" So I created one and logged into Qeynos. And immediately went LD.... /boggle. I have looked for this on the forums, and found something similar to it, but it was for MiniLogin. And didnt have any helpful hints. Anyone else run into this problem? The thing that gets me is, I didnt change a single setting (and I played for almost 3 hours straight w/o ANY lag) I have tried creating other chars that start in different zones. Same thing there too. Heck I even tried making a female char.

Any suggestoins of what I might have screwed up?

rastaboogie
06-03-2002, 06:44 PM
also I am getting ALOT of "Unknown opcodes" in my World window. dont know if that info would help at all. And is it worth mentioning that I dont just get booted instantly back to char select screen. I actually watch the ping bar go from green to yellow to red, then bah. LD

rastaboogie
06-03-2002, 06:58 PM
OK, well I think it was a setting I changed on one of my chars (possibly 15000 HP) or something because I went to my EQ directory and found a bunch of .opt files for my CHARS that I created with eqemu. I deleted all of those and it seems to be working.... word to the wise, perhaps tweeking your char in EQAdmin isnt a good idea..... /shrug

PEACE

Baron Sprite
06-03-2002, 10:32 PM
Don't worry about unknown op codes :D

Shawn319
06-04-2002, 08:23 AM
FQAdmin is unsupported third party software (sorry WC). although it can do great things, there is no guarantee it wont screw up your DB.

TheClaus
06-04-2002, 09:54 AM
That goes with any Admin program including EEE. They may work they may not.

rastaboogie
06-04-2002, 10:41 AM
OK, heres the deal.... this is REALLY weird..

I have EQW window on my desktop AND I have an ICQ chat window up. The Chat window has focus (I am chatting) as soon as I Alt/Tab to give EQW focus. I BEGIN GOING LD ?!?!?! As soon as I Alt/Tab BACK to ICQ window, LD meter goes back to green and is normall. That is whacked? It seems that I can run the server, but I cant play on it.. See if anyone can figure that one out :)