PDA

View Full Version : Doh!!

RayOfAsh
06-04-2002, 06:49 AM
In the pheonix server(i think thats what its called) i was the lizard ppl(forgot their name) and then i fell. And fell to my death. Then when i sapwned a monster was rite next to spawn point and it kills me 1 hit. So everytime i spawn i die. Spawn die spawn die. It eventouly freezes my com. How do i get out of this predicument. I still want that char.

ramccor
06-04-2002, 07:14 AM
What is the name of the character? I can #movechar you out. Also, what zone was that? Still lots of zones have fall to your death spawns. Let me know which ones, I am slowly collecting correct zone.cfg files.

Lurker_005
06-04-2002, 10:10 AM
It is field of bone, the safepoint has a spawn next to it that will agro low level chars.

RayOfAsh
06-04-2002, 03:20 PM
whats the name of the lizard race? lets pretend its "b". it was a "b abductor"... i think.

ramccor
06-04-2002, 06:06 PM
I can find no character name that is even close to the one specified. Please PM me the Username and/or character name from the emu... Please look it up. I looked though all 390 characters and none even come close.

Lurker_005
06-05-2002, 03:47 AM
just do #zone fieldofbone and look around.

ramccor
06-05-2002, 04:40 AM
While I can appreciate the assistence in telling me to just just #zone fieldofbone and look around, it doent help the fact that I STILL dont know the name of the PC that is stuck there.

He left no corpses therefore, I cant use that to get his name. If creating the custom config files worked, I could adjust the safe spot for the zone. His complaint was that is character is stuck, he didnt file a petition, he hasnt supplied either is player name or character name. I consider it bad form to complain about a problem with just saying "I have a problem in this zone, help me out." but not supplying the pertinant information. (Like who you are)

This is especially funny since the agro NPC came from YOUR DB, Lurker. I am working in getting the tradeskills / books / items into my DB, I have NO idea how the MOB spawns work. Currently, my ONLY method to fix this type of problem is to move the character away. BUT, since I dont know who it is, that is kinda tough.

Lurker_005
06-05-2002, 09:49 AM
Ahh, Well for 0.39 I didn't even attempt to alter the data I assembled, I just merged it together. One way to get rid of it is select the npc in game and type #loc then search and delete the entry in spawn2 with that loc and field of bone for the zone. I also posted an edit to the source that made the safe locs in the DB work even if there wasn't a cfg file.