PDA

View Full Version : I'm in Minilogin HELL!!

gimpzilla
12-29-2006, 04:11 AM
I am almost to the point of climbing the closest clock tower and going postal. I have a private server (LAN) that seemed to be working great all yesterday. I was able to connect with 2 computers at once and play with no problems ALL day long. I wake up this morning and attempt to connect. I had left the server running over night just to make sure that nothing got changed. Minilogin now thinks that my IPs do not match and will not let me connect. I restarted my comp and booted the server back up. All of the screens seem to be happy just like yesterday, but it refuses to let me connect. The IP address that it is reporting a connection from is EXACTLY the same as what is listed under the 'accounts' table for the minilogin ip. I have static local IPs so I am at a loss as to what is happening.

Please! Someone help me before I end up in a padded cell.

Thanks in advance.

(PS I have read all of the wikis related to this matter and searched the forums. They all tell me to check my config files and the IP addresses in the account tables... which I have done at least a dozen times. They are the same as they were yesterday when things worked great.)

John Adams
12-29-2006, 04:26 AM
My first suggestion is to post snippets from your eqemu_debug_world.log showing the server startup and maybe some data from the minilogin window showing the IP connections. There has to be something different. Anyone in your home toss up a firewall or anything? ;)

CrabClaw
12-29-2006, 07:01 AM
Re-check all your IPs (IPCONFIG in a command line box) on all your machines at the command prompt, I had a person in my family mess up and do a IPCONFIG /release one night, and the all the computers got re-assigned at the router.

gimpzilla
12-29-2006, 02:22 PM
I have since fixed my problem by just reinstalling into a new directory and starting from scratch.. Prob should have mentioned that I am using Cavedude's installer (3.6). The IPs are all static, so refreshing them with ipconfig would not change them. The thing that pissed me off was the fact that the world server would show the incomming connection from my IP and it would be exactly what was listed as the minilogin ip in the accounts table. Really strange. I have rebooted a few times and the server seems to start up and allows me to login with no problems.

I am hoping this problem doesn't pop up again..