PDA

View Full Version : eqhost.txt

personman
06-05-2002, 12:53 PM
First of all im not new to eqemu.I had it working before but now it decides it dosent want to work anymore. I start up all the world.exe minilogin.exe and boot5zones.exe crap fine without any error messages. Then when i attempt to login it says "No host found!Cheack that the eqhost.txt exists in the Everquest directory".Now...I may not exactly be a genius but I know the eqhost file is in the EQ directory. And everything in it is correct.Just to make sure this is what it says.

[Registration Servers]
{
"eqlogin1.eqemu.org:5999"
}
[Login Servers]
{
"eqlogin1.eqemu.org:5999"
"eqlogin2.eqemu.org:5999"
}

Can anyone help me with this please?

Lurker_005
06-05-2002, 01:33 PM
The first thing I suggest is to open a command prompt window, and cd to your eq dir. Then:
dir eqhost*.*
type eqhost.txt

Verify the results, post the results if your not sure about it.

This is usually caused by notepad saving the file as eqhost.txt.txt ot saving the file as eqhosts.txt

stormgod
06-05-2002, 01:36 PM
ok you "may" have an options checked in your OS saying hide extensions of known files type so only thing you see is a small icon who look likes a notepad called "eqhost"

double click on it , it should look like the one you posted , but with 5 entries instead of 2 and with verant adress instead of eqemu ,
clear all the file and paste the eqemu one in , thats it

personman
06-06-2002, 10:50 AM
I tried both of those suggestions and neither of them worked.Ive checked many times to make sure my eqhost.txt exists AND is correct.Could this just be something wrong with my actual eq directory?

Lurker_005
06-06-2002, 12:17 PM
What do you mean didn't work? Couldn't find the files we were talking about, or you didn't see anything wrong. Copy and paste the results here from the commands I posted.

personman
06-06-2002, 12:55 PM
Ok let me rephrase that...neither of them helped.Im still getting the same error message.I checked to see if the file was named incorrectly and it wasnt, and i made sure the correct information was in the file.

Lurker_005
06-06-2002, 01:38 PM
While not explaining your error, I just noticed you mentioned running minilogin. If your running minilogin, your eqhost.txt file should use localhost instead of eqlogin1.eqemu.net the same is true for loginserver.ini If you want your server on the internet, then leave all the same, but you don't need to run minilogin.

personman
06-06-2002, 04:22 PM
Alright ill try that