PDA

View Full Version : Character Editor

Amra
04-15-2007, 02:01 PM
You can not edit the account # associated with a character. No biggy but I am sure you would want to know.

Also, when modifying a character there must be something in the inventory or you will get error. "The CommandText property has not been properly initialized." I was moving characters to a new db and was modifying some things. Errored on save. So I tried putting something in the inventory and it saved. I took it out and tried to save - it errored. Took me a little while to figure it out.

Kayot
04-16-2007, 04:07 AM
This is also an error with the loot table. I had no idea that there was an error like this for the character editor. Never had an empty inventory.

I'll address this in the next release. Also, I'm still adding an export for characters and items. So if you have to migrate in the future it'll be easier. I'd like to make a new column (I do this already for my new database) that holds custom data to help accelerate migration. But all along my plan was to avoid editing the database layout. So later on this will become an advanced function.

On a side note, my server now runs straight PEQ, the latest build. Turns out that I was claiming errors to be reverse compatibility when in reality the database from Angelox was using columns that the EQemu software wasn't using. I'm making so many n00b errors. I've already fixed them in the next release. I'm just locking out some dangerous features before release.

P.S. Does any one know which column in the spell.txt files handles which icon shows up in the game?

Amra
04-16-2007, 05:41 AM
Can't wait for export feature =)

What server do you run?

uncommon
04-16-2007, 06:05 AM
P.S. Does any one know which column in the spell.txt files handles which icon shows up in the game?

Should be 145, as "Expert mode" in the tool reports it as ID 144.