PDA

View Full Version : EverQuest has encounted a problem

tyranoth
04-29-2007, 06:59 AM
Hey i used to play EQEmu and decided to play again! i followed the guide on how to set EverQuest up to play, i ran it from the shortcut with patchme etc on it and it says just as it loads up that EverQuest.exe has encounted a problem and needs to close?

any ideas and help would be greatly appreciated! i thought about using that programe for two boxing i cant remember what its called but that lets you bypass the updater right?

Thanks Tom

techguy84
04-29-2007, 10:09 AM
First off, answer me this

Are you using Everquest Titanium?
Is it a fresh install, NOT PATCHED?

If so, you just may need to delete everythign and reinstall. Dont use any custom UIs or anything and just try a fresh install. Dont have titanium you say, then your out of luck there. You will need a Fresh Installation of Titanium in order to play.... see where I am going with this.

I think you are refering to EQ Windows. I am not sure if that program works with titanium out of the box, because the client that is on a fresh install of titanium was never used in EQ Live so EQW may not be set up for it.

sfisque
04-29-2007, 10:36 AM
shouldnt need EQW, titanium was released after they put "windowed" mode into the EQ client. you can run everquest in windowed mode from an vanilla install. if you want to instantiate multiple running copies, you "might" need to replicate the directory so that they dont stomp on each others log/pref files when they get written to disk.

== sfisque

GMRaven
04-29-2007, 11:00 AM
Hey i used to play EQEmu and decided to play again! i followed the guide on how to set EverQuest up to play, i ran it from the shortcut with patchme etc on it and it says just as it loads up that EverQuest.exe has encounted a problem and needs to close?

any ideas and help would be greatly appreciated! i thought about using that programe for two boxing i cant remember what its called but that lets you bypass the updater right?

Thanks Tom

Sounds like you've forgotten to change your eqhost file as per the player guide in the wikki. Make sure you change and save it as this is what directs you to the Live Patch Server

techguy84
04-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Oh, I missed that earlier. You just added the patchme command without changing Everquest.exe to eqgame.exe The patchme doesnt work with everquest.exe as thats the link to start up the live patcher. Change it to say this

"C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme

See where the file it points to is eqgame.exe not Everquest.exe

tyranoth
04-30-2007, 12:00 AM
Ok i changed it to EQgame.exe and im still getting the encounted a problem error

I then re installed Titanium and it worked :S not sure what the problem could have been but now im online thanks alot guys :D

Tom