stormgod
06-10-2002, 01:35 AM
here is how it could be ,
it could use more Q/A , so just reply to the thread with good Q/A

:

EQEmu 0.2.0 FAQ. Last updated 01/21/2002

Q. Is EQEmu Free ?
A. Yes.

Q. Why are the login/chat server binaries only?
A. EverQuest uses encryption, this encryption if broken and publicly released can jeopardize anyones account who uses EverQuest if someone is determined to find out their password.

Q. Does Shadows of Luclin work with EQEmu?
A. Yes. Starting with EQEmu 0.2.0 it will and it requires the latest patch

Q. Do I need to use the Loginserver to connect locally?
A. You cannot connect locally with 0.2.0+

Q. How do I signup for a LoginServer account?
A. Visit http://eqemu.org/login

Q. I'm getting Invalid user/pass, or hang after entering them in..
A. Try restarting EQW and tpying login/password with lowercase letters If that doesnt work use Reset Auth on the gotfrags registration page.

Q. What version of EverQuest should I be using?
A. you should patch to the current version by running Everquest.exe , look into the forum to see if latest patch is ok or not

Q. How do I replace my eqhost.txt file?
A. in your Everquest Directory open the file and edit the server to twhat is in the readme file

Q. What is a LoginServer?
A. The LoginServer is a server much like the real Everquest loginserver. When you run world.exe your server will be listed on the gotfrags loginserver for anyone to connect to.

Q. What version of EQW should I be using?
A. EQW 2.22 is required to run the current version of Everquest. It can be downloaded at http://eqw.eqhackers.com

Q. When I connect to a server from the loginscreen it says: "cannot login to the everquest server. You may need to rerun the update patch"
A. The person hosting the server may have the wrong worldserver ip in there loginserver.ini. To fix this open loginserver.ini and make sure worldserver= has the correct IP of the world.exe.

Q. Does EQemu support more than 32,000HP on mobs?
A. Yes starting with v0.2.0.

Q. How do I connect to the worldserver's remote console?
A. To connect you must use Telnet, a program pretty much everyone has. Goto Start, run and type telnet worldip 9000 An account with a password must be created for this to work because you have to log in. (ie. telnet eq.gotfrags.com 9000)

Q. When I run world.exe it says Access denied for user ***@***.
A. Make sure db.ini says host=localhost

Q. What is EQEmu?
A. EQEmu "emulates" Sony's EverQuest servers to provide an alternative method of playing EverQuest. You play on either servers hosted by other players, or on one you create yourself.

Q. Can Verant detect EQEmu?
A. No, there is no way for them to detect you use EQEmu unless you go on EverQuest and start talking about it, that would get you in trouble, possibly suspended/banned.

Q. I ran everquest.exe to get EQ updated to the latest patch but now the emulator does not work.
A. Due to the changes Verant makes to everquest it sometimes takes the developers some time to update the emulator to match. If an upcomming/current patch is expected to break the emulator, it will be posted in the news forum.

edit: added lurker and BaronSprite's Q&A

Shawn319
06-10-2002, 07:35 AM
i'll be more than happy to add them to the emu zip for next release (if thay are submitted here in time).

Lurker_005
06-10-2002, 08:10 AM
Q. I ran everquest.exe to get EQ updated to the latest patch but now the emulator does not work.
A. Due to the changes Verant makes to everquest it sometimes takes the developers some time to update the emulator to match. If an upcomming/current patch is expected to break the emulator, it will be posted in the news forum.

If you have a good question but not the anwser, post it anyhow.

Shawn319
06-10-2002, 08:30 AM
Good one =P

Baron Sprite
06-10-2002, 09:56 AM
Just thought 2 common newbie questions should get stuck in there :p

Q. What is EQEmu?
A. EQEmu "emulates" Sony's EverQuest servers to provide an alternative method of playing EverQuest. You play on either servers hosted by other players, or on one you create yourself.

Q. Can Verant detect EQEmu?
A. No, there is no way for them to detect you use EQEmu unless you go on EverQuest and start talking about it, that would get you in trouble, possibly suspended/banned.