PDA

View Full Version : IP problems

butterusaf
06-10-2002, 01:10 PM
Ok, I don't know a whole lot about computers but so far i got my way through the instruction text. My problem is i have two computers accessing the internet through a router, so i am assuming the router assigns them their IP addresses, correct? Thats why when i do the IPCONFIG in dos i ge them 192.168 ones? So how do i go about finding out my "Real IP address"

Thanks in advance.

stormgod
06-10-2002, 01:23 PM
http://whatismyip.com/

butterusaf
06-10-2002, 02:04 PM
Thank you for the help. Got another question to throw your way though. Even after putting in the IP address i am still getting hung up at the world.exe screen it says connecting to local host but never connects?

Lurker_005
06-10-2002, 02:37 PM
That is a handy address stormgod, Think I might add it to my "post" :)

stormgod
06-10-2002, 02:41 PM
lol I got it from baronsprite or ThClaus post somewhere hehehe
add it to your post it might help
in fact anything might help lol

Anytime Emu
06-11-2002, 05:59 AM
Dont use an IP if your both on the same network, try a comp ID. 80% of the time you will have a strange ID via Windows home network setup but if you set up the IDs to have "good names" like ones that you can get off the top of your head.

ex.. If you have a comp on the top floor of your house use Compup1 and 1 down stares use Compdn1 ect... or if you have a comp that only you use try your name, for expamle my computer in my room is called "trish1XP" that i play eq on, and my husbands is "lucas1XP".