PDA

View Full Version : About to give up

lorath
06-11-2002, 06:39 PM
Well I for one am about to give up.

I have searched the forums over and over again for Error 1017 and anything else that has to do with being diconnected from other servers.

Let me start by stating I am new here -=Obvious=-
I have no desire right now to start my own server so all of the server side stuff is irrelevant to me, and my problem.

I wish to find the EMU i like by play/testing the emu, as in playing on someone else creation seeing the features and playability fator before investing hours on end into my own server.

I have had my own UO server and kept it up and running for 3 years solid, the only downtimes were natural cleanups and server upgrades/patches.

So this is something I would LIKE to eventually do, but I would really like to playtest things first ya know.

Now heres the problem in short order - With eqgame.exe patchme things are fubard I have read all docs and followed them to a T with it and natta on the results error 1017 patch server error everytime. Ok so I go grab a copy of EQW - with it I can get to the Character Selection screen and as soon as I click on Create New - BSOD <Black Screen of Death -=Not Blue=-> You Have Been Disconnected - everytime - every server. It never spits a true error to give with EQW just the discconection notice then straight to the server login list. This is driving me mad!! Mad I tell you!!

I can not find a single post of how to fix this or even a remote post of inspiration to drive me to look at something I have not looked at yet.

Heres the details of my system.
======================
Amd Thunderchicken 1.4
256megs
DSL direct connection not LAN
Sygate Firewall -=Disabled=-
Nortor AV -=Disabled=-
ATI Radeon 64megs
DirectX 8.0a
WinME
=====================
If any other details are needed I will provide.

I appreciate any help that may be given, in the search for an answer that eludes me. I would really like tobe able to try this rig out and se what it can do so I might be able to see what I can do with it.

Thanks,
Lorath

p.s. Yes I have read the readme inside and out.

Charlie
06-11-2002, 08:01 PM
Did you do the June 5th patch? If so, that would be your problem. You'll have to wait for version 3.4 to come out before you can play.

- Charlie

lorath
06-11-2002, 08:43 PM
Ding! /bad pun intended

Well I guess that answers that. Sad thing is, I was just about to reply here and let everyone know they get free reign for the next 30 seconds to slap me..

I was actively seeking an answer to a problem - therefore I had not yet read other posts that did not concern my problem directly - whilst waiting I sifted through quite a few posts and realized this was the trouble - so now for the next 30 seconds everyone formally has legal right to slap me silly............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....

times up

Anyway thanks for reply anyway - I sit eagerly waiting for the fix to come around so I may'st continue my endeavors into this world in which we all love and hate and hate to love.

Lorath

Baron Sprite
06-11-2002, 10:47 PM
*slap*

skrum
06-12-2002, 12:05 AM
Not that it much matters at this point, but for me the 1017 error was a seperate issue. If you were using minilogin, there is a newer one than the build distributed with the latest eqemu archive.

I am also a new here and only stumbled upon this after taking the 6/5 patch so I was secretly doomed from the start...but the new minilogin fixed the 1017 for me.

Of course, I still crash back to server select ....

skrum

lorath
06-12-2002, 02:38 AM
Well, I know this is a pretty much anti-HackersQuest place - but after todays EQLive patch theirs somehow works.. it didnt last night.. at all.. same problems as EQemu. So I dunno.. it didnt change anything with EQemu so I am kinda baffled now.

Hope things get situated and wroked out soon though.

In the mean time I think AO live servers are back up so..

/me goes play with his pet meatballs for awhile

Mori
06-13-2002, 05:22 AM
I've been playing around with Ethernalquest too and I've found quite a few bugs with it. My intentions are to get the latest versions of each as they come out. I just heard about EQEMu after I downloaded patch so.... crap.

I hope EQEMu will be better or as a good as Ethernalquest when I try it out (basically the second .3.4 comes out).

killspree
06-13-2002, 07:46 AM
There's a thread on 1017 in either this forum or the General forum.