PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect version error

addar
06-12-2002, 02:18 AM
Hi all, I seem to be having a problem logging into my server, I am running it through minilogin and everything runs fine except when I run EQ through EQW and try to connect it gives me invalid version error and tells me to make sure I'm patched to the newest version. What can I do to get it to let me connect?

Lurker_005
06-12-2002, 08:09 AM
See the posts about patch breaking the emu, crash to loginscreen ect... the last week or so.

In other words you wait for the next emu release.

folkor
06-12-2002, 08:17 AM
So with being a Newbie here, how often do new versions come out, on the average?

Lurker_005
06-12-2002, 08:21 AM
On average, they come out when they are done. It all depends on how much verant changed EQ, and how hard it is to figure out how they changed it. A day to 2 weeks *shrug* never know.

Littlekill
06-12-2002, 12:51 PM
they changed entire spell animations, id say it might take a long time to make another Emu, unless u guys really know every single thing about this, im just a newbie after all.. well to the Emu

folkor
06-12-2002, 03:50 PM
Yeah but spell animations shouldn't have anything to do with emulating a server. I could be wrong as I have no idea how any of this works under the hood, but it seems that spells along with how characters move, look, etc should all be contained in the engine that you have loaded on your computer. The server just houses the zones with the people and objects in them. Spell animation changes shouldn't change server/world info.

But again this is how it appears to me, I may have it all wrong, but this way seems logical.

stormgod
06-12-2002, 03:55 PM
they could have changed the structure along with it , when you see a npc making an animation or a player , its a signal from the server saying "Hey He's doing this" so it can be more complicated than you think it is ;)

Edwiinn
06-12-2002, 10:09 PM
I feel stupid that right before I found you guys, I had updated EQ.

Really wanted to try EQEmu out, but I guess I need to wait for the new version to come out. *grumble*