PDA

View Full Version : Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - We're Open for Business

TheLieka
08-16-2007, 03:26 PM
I just wanted to drop a note to let everyone know that we've got our server, website, and forums up and running. We've kept it quiet while we were working on it, because I hate when people get your hopes up with a product that never gets delivered.

Our website is www.pwnedemu.com (really, really basic splashpage with news and a link to the forums), take a look and we hope to see you on the server.

This server will not be a "fly-by-night", gone in two months deal. We intend to run this server for a very long time. We will be tweaking and modifying it as time goes on, and as always, the PvP will be a strong force in creating and managing the content.

Here is what we're offering:

EQEmu Jargon: The Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server is a Legit, Race Teams, PvP server. You can NOT use any # GM commands to get around game dynamics (such as #zone, or #summonitem).

We have built this server with simplicity in mind. Don't expect a ton of customizations, though there will be some. This server will not be some unholy mutant baby spawned by WoW and Vanguard. We built this server to be Everquest as we remember it, and we will do our best to keep with this mentality. We don't plan on putting in a PvP points system, creating zones from scratch, or totally rewriting the loot tables. After all, if we have to give you points and gear for killing each other, you'd have more fun playing on a semi-legit bluebie EMU server (god knows there are enough of them out there).

The server offers content from Original EQ, Ruins of Kunark, Scars of Velious, and Shadows of Luclin. There is no Plane of Knowledge or any other content from beyond the Luclin expansion. This is simply because we do not want that content on the server.

The server's pvp code mirrors the spirit of the Vallon and Tallon Zek servers (with a couple minor team balances).

There are 4 teams:
Team 1: Humans, Barbarians, Erudites
Team 2: Gnomes, Halflings, Dwarves, and Frogloks
Team 3: High Elves, Wood Elves, Half-Elves, and Vah Shir
Team 4: Dark Elves, Ogres, Trolls, and Iksar

The PvP Rules are as follows:
You can neither attack, nor be attacked by another player until level 7
You can neither attack, nor be attacked by any player that is a member of your "Team" (See teams above)
You can neither attack, nor be attacked by another player that is 8 levels above or below your current level.
To sum it up: You can attack (and kill) any player that is above level 6, on a different team, and +/- 8 levels from you.

The PvP Rewards are as follows:
If you are victorious in PvP, you may:
Loot all coin from your slain opponent's corpse
Loot 1 item from your slain opponent's corpse
NOTE: You may NOT loot any Bags, NO DROP items, or any item that was equipped in your slain opponent's Primary or Secondary slots (Right or Left hand) when he met his untimely demise.

We will be working to revert many of the zones and loot tables (such as Temple of Cazic-Thule, Droga, Mistmoore etc) back to their original states. This does not mean the every item will be un-nerfed or put back into the game, but many will be.

I've gotten this question more than probably any other, so I'm going to post it here too.

Server Hardware Information:
Dual Core 3.2ghz Intel Pentium D
4 GB DDR2 RAM
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise
RAID 1 (Mirroring) on the Hard drives
T1 Internet Connection
UPS (Backup Battery Power)
Database backups throughout the day
Currently Booting 162 Static Zones (they don't shutdown when no players are in them)
Angelox Classic Database, with customizations
The hardware is dedicated to ONLY hosting this server. This is not with a hosting company (that has 50 customers sharing one tandy desktop), and no one will have to shut it down because Mom said it's time for bed.

You will never see us asking for donations or whining about the cost of the data line, etc. I'm a Network Engineer, not a developer, and this is spare equipment that I have. The dataline is also free to us, but I won't get into the details on that. ;)

Everyone wants to know if leveling is going to be too hard, or if leveling is going to be too easy. Leveling on EQLive can be excrutiating, and even if you're a hardcore old school PvP junkie, you're still not going to destroy anyone at level 7, so XP rates affect everyone. Rather than putting an overall XP modifier on the server, we have set "HotSpot" zones. These zones have increased xp rates, so if you are leveling up in them, you will do so faster than normal. We chose this option for two reasons:
We don't want the game to be so easy that there's no feeling of accomplishment for leveling up (*cough* World of Warcraft)
Since the Everquest world is pretty damn big (even when it's capped at Luclin), so HotSpot zones should increase the population for these areas, which should increase the likelihood for PvP encounters, and keep things interesting.

The current HotSpot zones are as follows:

All Cities and Newbie Areas (we want you to be PvP enabled as soon as possible)
Odus
The Warrens
Kerra Isle
The Hole
Antonica
Blackburrow
Befallen
Upper Guk
Cazic-Thule
Faydwer
Crushbone
Kunark
Dalnir
Chardok
Sebilis
Velious
Crystal Caverns

Log on, have fun, and let us know what you think.

John Adams
08-16-2007, 03:35 PM
If your server is as classy as your introduction, it looks like it's going to kick ass. A reliable PvP server not run by punk-ass egomaniac kids is exactly what this community has been begging for ;)

Best wishes to you and your team!

Cujef
08-16-2007, 04:14 PM
There seem to already be some interest, seemingly moments after this post. I look forward to this server becoming populated

Secrets
08-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Looking at the rules, etc, this seems solid for an EQEmu PvP server.

I'm not a big fan of the whole hardcore pvp scene, but i'll definately keep an eye out; I know many of the old Sullon/Vallon/Tallon'ers have been looking for a home, and perhaps you can offer it.

Good luck to you with this project, and keep in mind, the PvP community does anything they can to win, they even go to extremes sometimes. A little too extreme, maybe.

xCrazymonx
08-17-2007, 09:59 AM
Why do you have Kunark/ Velious Enabled?

That's alot of content to play in maybe just enable certain Kunark/Velious zones.

The problem with such a big world is that the population is small and the PvP encounters become more rare, especially with no Translocators, we have to rely on getting around on our own.

And, as any class that cant port, or + Movement Speed, welcome to sitting somwhere for eternity. =(

Jonathan5
08-17-2007, 10:09 AM
Omg, this is what I was looking for.

Ellie
08-17-2007, 10:23 AM
Why do you have Kunark/ Velious Enabled?

That's alot of content to play in maybe just enable certain Kunark/Velious zones.

The problem with such a big world is that the population is small and the PvP encounters become more rare, especially with no Translocators, we have to rely on getting around on our own.

And, as any class that cant port, or + Movement Speed, welcome to sitting somwhere for eternity. =(

For everyone who has been complaining about a lack of a good "classic" type pvp server this is your chance to play on one. The server is very solid and I am having a blast so far. The more people that start playing regularly the better it will get.

EQ up to velious was the best time period imo, expecially for pvp. Yes there are a lot of zones, but as the post says, the implementation of hotspots for exp concentrate the population to a cerain extent in specific areas.

Like I said, those that have been wanting a "classic" type server for pvp, this is your chance.

NewGaanon
08-17-2007, 10:40 AM
this is more of a classic server rather than pvp, Im going to continue to hold out until an accellerated xp max level 50 server with pvp rewards comes out.

Junger
08-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Tallon Zek was not 1 item loot. It was coin only.

Wizzel
08-17-2007, 11:43 AM

Agreed. For a server to be sucessful it has to bring something new to the table. Besides from the fact you say your server will be around a while, it has to be fresh or somehow different to spark real interest.

Good luck.

-Wizzel

TheLieka
08-17-2007, 12:55 PM

I cannot speak for Tallon, since I didn't start there, but I assure you that Vallon Zek began as 1 item loot.

monoxideftw
08-17-2007, 12:59 PM
i played on this server already and its good but i think mistmoore should be added as a hot zone

Ellie
08-17-2007, 02:17 PM
I cannot speak for Tallon, since I didn't start there, but I assure you that Vallon Zek began as 1 item loot.

They both started as 1 item loot. It was around 2000 when they changed it to coin only. I remember because when they were going to come out with the decision to be coin or coin+1 item I was sitting in Lfay on Tallon grinding away and someone made a character named Coinz and another person made a character named Lootz and they kept dueling each other :D This was back when the chat message for duels was still global, and the message "Lootz has just defeated Coinz in a duel to the death" kept popping up. Despite the vocal side who wanted it to remain 1 item loot, the whiners won out and they changed it to coin only.

Before they changed it we used to have 2 sets of gear, pvp gear and pve gear. I was a Wood Elf, and when we would go raid the Gnomes I would stop by the bank and put on my pvp gear first. That way if you died you didn't lose any of your leet equip (i.e. your Crushbone Tunic haha)~ That, and you got really good at bagging your nice stuff when you got jumped by a ganking group. Ahh those were good times.

Ellie
08-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Agreed. For a server to be sucessful it has to bring something new to the table. Besides from the fact you say your server will be around a while, it has to be fresh or somehow different to spark real interest.

Good luck.

-Wizzel

Well, tbh this server has brought something new to the table. This is the one server where I can play EQ like it was originally in it's pvp heyday- at the time of the Velious expansion, the last Verant produced expansion. Most of the people who I played EQ with originally agree that the Velious expansion was somewhat of a "watershed" time for EQ.

Moreover, the server is legit and classic, the server is on a great box, it's got a great connection, and it has a dedicated group running it. As far as pvp rewards go, yeah if done well they can be nice, but a true pvper doesn't need any more of a reward than the simple satisfaction of killing another player~

Jonathan5
08-18-2007, 11:43 AM
Rallos Zek had item loot. I'm not sure about the others. Item loot is all the reward a true EQ PvPer needs :-D .

Jonathan5
08-18-2007, 01:34 PM
I was really hyped to play this server, but then I came across this: http://www.pwnedemu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24 . What do you guys think about this?

Secrets
08-18-2007, 02:32 PM
I was really hyped to play this server, but then I came across this: http://www.pwnedemu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24 . What do you guys think about this?

Both the server op and the guy who is flaming him is wrong.

1. There isn't really any gear.

Yes there is, the gear that is in Angelox's. Which imo, is enough.

2. You need a supercar to get to your corpse before it rots.
That's due to a fault with corpse expired times; correct.

3. Daxum doesn't know how to fix bugs.
Fact made on logging in and asking him to fix a bug, and when he said he didn't want to he /q'd. Totally.

4. The world is too large and hotzones too far apart to premote pvp.
With a playerbase, that would be incorrect.

5. Some of the monsters have the ability to take you down in 1 blow.

Some. Not all.

. Its race pvp, so everyone has to make a different race, or theres no pvp.

Who died and made you king?

7. There is no cheating protection.
You would know.

8. ANONYMOUS is being thrashed so it would be like finding a needle in a haystack trying to find some pvp.
Don't you have MQ2, and can bypass that?

9. You can easily become a victim of corpse camping.
True, you can corpse camp. You could also corpse camp on pvp servers in basically any game.

10. Money is hard to comeby, hard life being a caster, gotta get that money for those spells ya'll!.

Kill stuff, sell loot. Not entirely hard.

11. About 3 different people play the server 4boxing. (fun!)
That's where I would get iffy.

Hey peeps, you all know me. No need to introduce.

E-gangster.

John Adams
08-18-2007, 05:41 PM
...and so my disdain for PVP'ers and jackasses alike trudges on. There's usually more drama around them than an old womans club.

Secrets
08-18-2007, 05:46 PM
...and so my disdain for PVP'ers and jackasses alike trudges on. There's usually more drama around them than an old womans club.

I'm just a bit stressed lately is all. I shouldn't take it out on forums, you're right.

My apologies.

Jonathan5
08-18-2007, 05:46 PM
It's really annoying how you classify PvPer's as jackasses, when frankly it's just not true. So please stop.

TheLieka
08-18-2007, 06:43 PM
Both the server op and the guy who is flaming him is wrong.

Actually, I hadn't posted a reply until about 30 seconds ago, so I'm not sure how I was wrong, when I hadn't even posted back. ;)

I'm sure that people won't agree with my response to him, but I really dislike rude people with agendas.

3. Daxum doesn't know how to fix bugs.

Fact made on logging in and asking him to fix a bug, and when he said he didn't want to he /q'd. Totally.

I have never, and would never /q to avoid a situation (pvp or otherwise). Additionally, I don't recall that situation, at all. Beyond that, I've yet to tell anyone that I "didn't want to" fix any bug (I've said "we'll put it on the list", or "we're looking into it", or "I'm sorry but not having a spell scriber, corpse summoner and buff bots at every zoneline is not a bug", etc. I'm not sure if you got ahold of me while I was AFK (I work from home, and am online while working at times), or something along those lines, but I assure you that I wouldn't just bolt out to avoid you. I apologize about whatever happened to give you the wrong idea about me.

If you'd like to either PM me on our forums, or here, or petition, or send me a tell in game (again), then I'll be happy to address the issue with you.

Thanks,
Dax

beerbong
08-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Why can't we all just get a bong?

Ellie
08-19-2007, 02:10 AM
Keep in mind two things-

The guy who made that post never played EQ live, hence a legit, classic server is going to seem a lot more difficult to him. For the rest of us, this server is actually much easier than EQ live at the Velious expansion.

Two, the complaints of the poster were made, not out of some generous move on the posters part to "warn" people how hard the game is, but out of spite for being told that he wasn't going to get an EZmode version of the server on request.

Ultimately it's all soap opera bullshit anyway. The fact of the matter is that the server has great potential for anyone who wants legit, classic pve content on a pvp server. But don't take my word for it, or anyone elses, log in and play for a few levels and see for yourself.

moydock
08-19-2007, 03:50 AM
<3 anni
/engage backstab hax

Secrets
08-19-2007, 05:33 AM
Actually, I hadn't posted a reply until about 30 seconds ago, so I'm not sure how I was wrong, when I hadn't even posted back. ;)

I'm sure that people won't agree with my response to him, but I really dislike rude people with agendas.

I have never, and would never /q to avoid a situation (pvp or otherwise). Additionally, I don't recall that situation, at all. Beyond that, I've yet to tell anyone that I "didn't want to" fix any bug (I've said "we'll put it on the list", or "we're looking into it", or "I'm sorry but not having a spell scriber, corpse summoner and buff bots at every zoneline is not a bug", etc. I'm not sure if you got ahold of me while I was AFK (I work from home, and am online while working at times), or something along those lines, but I assure you that I wouldn't just bolt out to avoid you. I apologize about whatever happened to give you the wrong idea about me.

If you'd like to either PM me on our forums, or here, or petition, or send me a tell in game (again), then I'll be happy to address the issue with you.

Thanks,
Dax

I apologize, I meant Warsaint /q'd when you said you wouldn't fix something. I in no way did mean to be offensive torwards you.

All of my posts here were flames torwards Warsaint; I support any and all servers, no matter how bad people say they are.

I'm in a terrible mood lately, I am so sorry...

That and there's a 5 minute timer on editing posts here for whatever reason.

TheLieka
08-19-2007, 06:56 AM
=)

Aah, ok, I misinterpreted your post. I just wanted to make sure that I hadn't inadvertently missed a chance to help someone on my server.

We've been having a blast over here so far, I know I'm a bit biased, but I highly recommend anyone interested, to log in and give it a shot. Especially rather listening to a bored board troll that only attempts to derail a server to test the validity of his own dellusions of fame.

Beyond that, I'm an open book, if anyone has any questions about the server, my experience, goals, intentions, etc, please drop me a PM or send me a tell in game. I'm always happy to answer any question.

Thanks,
Daxum

kylekuschel
08-19-2007, 09:16 AM
Why not just make a guildwars clone? At least you know people will play it.

MrBlueberry
08-19-2007, 03:31 PM
ya dax answered all my questions i need help with , enjoying the server so far

beerbong
08-19-2007, 05:56 PM
<3 anni
/engage backstab hax

haha, omg, good times.

JofaMang
08-20-2007, 01:08 AM
I am loving the server, would also suggest that anyone who likes classic EQ, with a pvp risk thrown in, should log in and give it a shot.

Keep it awesome.

sdabbs65
08-20-2007, 01:44 AM
haha, omg, good times.

A boxing server would be kewl...

Mmmmm doughnutz.

Jonathan5
08-20-2007, 10:37 AM
I am loving the server, would also suggest that anyone who likes classic EQ, with a pvp risk thrown in, should log in and give it a shot.

Keep it awesome.

Sounds good. As soon as I get EverQuest working, I'll be joining ya.

beerbong
08-20-2007, 01:44 PM
A boxing server would be kewl...

Mmmmm doughnutz.

eek tis' sdabbs

TheLieka
08-20-2007, 07:08 PM
We are in the process of adjusting some of the rules on the server. If you would be interested in the server if not for reason x or reason y, drop by the forums and vote on some of the rule changes.

Daxum

MrBlueberry
08-23-2007, 12:36 AM
Heya Daxum

for some reason im banned on the forums? i sent an email to daxumz@gmail.com i hope thats right? if not could you give me an email to talk to you about this in detail. Thanks

TheLieka
08-24-2007, 04:13 AM
Gah, I must have gotten you on accident when I was blocking that Frentl guy. I'll fix this.

NewGaanon
08-24-2007, 08:22 AM
i take it this server isnt very populated. i went to check it out the other day and there was nobody on it. how many people u guys have on during primetime?

TheLieka
08-24-2007, 08:32 AM
We've usually got about 15 or so during primetimes that I've been on. I wouldn't expect several hundred, but there are people to group and play with.

NewGaanon
08-24-2007, 09:00 AM
gah...image just needs to come back and put up GW again. Without that loser friend of his that screwed it up, his name slips my mind atm despite the fact that i was in seraphim until the last 3 days of the server :P.

NewGaanon
08-24-2007, 05:17 PM
so i cant find eq titanium in stores and on the everquest site they're out of stock, what the hell :(

moydock
08-25-2007, 08:07 AM
http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product_Code=989+EVERQUESTTT&JRSource=zdnet.datafeed.989+EVERQUESTTT

John Adams
08-25-2007, 10:16 AM
There's this new thing, called the Internet. Some sites offer merchandise for sale, like ebay or amazon. It's really cool. Check it out!!11one

TheLieka
08-26-2007, 12:26 PM
http://newmedia.funnyjunk.com/pictures/cmon-little-bitch-lets-see-what-you-got.jpg (http://www.pwnedemu.com/forums/index.php)

It's fun.

Blakkjak
08-27-2007, 08:14 AM
seraphim hmmm...I remember that name..

NewGaanon
08-27-2007, 09:34 AM
hi blakkjak!!! Damn annoying ass gars :P

xCrazymonx
08-27-2007, 11:00 AM
Gaanon?!

Omgdz Nonaag teh Shaman,har har

Remember me p00nz? Raiding Hate late at night and or camping the spires =D, god the good times.

Blakkjak
08-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Whats up! Anything good to play these days? I've been bored out my mind.

TheLieka
08-27-2007, 04:39 PM
We rebuilt our splash page, it shouldn't make everyone (including myself) nausious anymore. Check us out:

www.pwnedemu.com

Dax

Cujef
08-28-2007, 03:10 AM
the new splash page.. is very splashy.

I like it.

NewGaanon
08-28-2007, 06:56 AM
Gaanon?!

Omgdz Nonaag teh Shaman,har har

Remember me p00nz? Raiding Hate late at night and or camping the spires =D, god the good times.

lol sup meng? You saying you were nonaag or who are u :P? Im stuck on warcraft and bored out of my mind 24/7 waiting for a fucking decent emu to come out. I will seriously donate if image comes back and recreates the shit. Best gaming days of my life since i was tyneestalker terrorizing orc hill :P

TheLieka
08-28-2007, 03:33 PM
Im stuck on warcraft and bored out of my mind 24/7 waiting for a fucking decent emu to come out.

Wow... ummm... ouch?

JarrettGW
09-02-2007, 03:45 PM
woot.. i sense oldbie people! ;D play this server, Gaanon and Bahamuth

Z.Wylde
09-02-2007, 08:04 PM
I'm coming back

JarrettGW
09-03-2007, 11:08 PM
I urge you all to play this server, its becoming guild war, and it's gonna be ALOT of fun Pking you bluebies, so get ur butts on this server and start leveling up and gearing up and guilding up!!! www.pwnedemu.com

PLAY PLAY PLAY!!!! :D

beerbong
09-04-2007, 06:55 AM
lol sup meng? You saying you were nonaag or who are u :P? Im stuck on warcraft and bored out of my mind 24/7 waiting for a fucking decent emu to come out. I will seriously donate if image comes back and recreates the shit. Best gaming days of my life since i was tyneestalker terrorizing orc hill :P

At least you would only be the 78th person to be scammed by image.

http://www.coba.panam.edu/organizations/ama/Images/e1-donate.jpg

Smedy
09-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Im truely suprised to see such a big featured server already open for players, you clearly did a good job by hiding while developing it (which is a good thing in EMU world, cause 90% of the servers never make it to actual game-stage)

I've spread the word to my good friends from vallon zek pvp, and i hope to see many of your faces on the battlefield!

I have one question though, i dont know how foolproof 7.x version is, but how do you attempt to keep the hackers out?

TheLieka
09-05-2007, 08:23 AM
how do you attempt to keep the hackers out?

I won't get into the specifics, but we've been testing a few things that seem to work pretty well.

TheLieka
09-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Updated Rules:
PvP Rules
You can neither attack, nor be attacked by another player until level 7
You can neither attack, nor be attacked by your guildmates
You can neither attack, nor be attacked by another player that is more than 10 levels above or below your current level
To sum it up: You can attack (and kill) any player that is above level 6, in a different guild (or unguilded), and +/- 10 levels from you.

Buffs and Heals:

You can heal or buff members of your guild
You can heal or buff players that are within 10 levels of your current level

Additional Updates
Melee damage for PvP has been increased.
Food and Drink consumption rates have been reduced.
All luclin zones other than the Nexus have been closed off.
Anonymous is gone from the global /who all list.

Take a look and let us know what you think.

Thanks,
Dax

beerbong
09-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Currently considering actually playing this server a bit.

Only one question,
Are berserkers fully functioning?

NewGaanon
09-06-2007, 10:13 AM
At least you would only be the 78th person to be scammed by image.

http://www.coba.panam.edu/organizations/ama/Images/e1-donate.jpg

did i miss something?

beerbong
09-06-2007, 12:05 PM
Last GW he ran off with about $400.74 in donations and hasn't been seen in eqemulator since.

NewGaanon
09-06-2007, 12:53 PM
wow....i saw a post of his in one of the threads about eq titanium. Thats hella shitty

beerbong
09-06-2007, 05:47 PM

Only one question,

and I might not be fully correct about him never coming back, haven't really played for a year or two lol

Z.Wylde
09-06-2007, 06:03 PM
image pissed a lot of people off, dont expect to see him around here anymore.

BTW, do you NEED to use the eq titanium edition to play if you are doing a fresh install? I am using the original disks i have and patching obviously wont do.

Can someone pm me if they know a fix?

TheLieka
09-07-2007, 03:48 AM

Only one question,

I haven't done extensive testing on berserkers. I know that their tome hand-ins, combat abilities (disciplines) are functioning correctly. There seems to be an issue with Frenzy, but I haven't had much time to look into that. It's on the to-do list, but to be honestly, you're the first person to bring them up so far. ;)

Dax

rikoon
09-07-2007, 06:48 AM
Finally a pvp server, ill see you guys in game.

techguy84
09-07-2007, 11:40 AM
and I might not be fully correct about him never coming back, haven't really played for a year or two lol

Image is still around. Was over here just recently with a few comments in some threads. If you want to see more image, visit EQ2Emulator.

09-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Yeah that image guy is such a loser, why would people even bother with that guy.. I wouldn't talk to him ever again... Think im doing a favor to myself there. Thanks for the speculations peeps :)

By the way to clear things up another EQEMu GuildWars will not be created/hosted by me. Secondly if I ever make any other sort of server I am going to spend my own money on it and I can assure it won't be any time soon.

TheLieka
09-07-2007, 06:40 PM
$400 bucks isn't even that much cash, I guess I just don't see what the big deal is. Either way, donations = drama, so I avoid them.

John Adams
09-08-2007, 06:55 AM
BTW, do you NEED to use the eq titanium edition to play if you are doing a fresh install? I am using the original disks i have and patching obviously wont do.

Can someone pm me if they know a fix?
Even PVPers are not permitted to discuss backpatching the SOE client on this site. ;)

Titanium is the only (current) supported client, though older ones preserved from years gone by seem to still work - it is illegal to ask for or acquire said files. Help keep our project unmolested by SOE. Buy Titanium.

TheLieka
09-09-2007, 06:53 AM
I know that I haven't given anyone any info on backpatching, I assume that no one else on my server has either, they know my stance on it.

Z.Wylde
09-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Even PVPers are not permitted to discuss backpatching the SOE client on this site. ;)

Titanium is the only (current) supported client, though older ones preserved from years gone by seem to still work - it is illegal to ask for or acquire said files. Help keep our project unmolested by SOE. Buy Titanium.

Done! Sorry, I was just confused and weary of buying eq again... I didn't realize the standard titanium version came ready to play eqemu without patching.

Thanks for the clarification.

TheLieka
09-30-2007, 04:14 AM
Just a quick update:

We've decided to cut back to "Old World" and make the next 2 expansions (possibly 3, if we decide to integrate Luclin) accessible via Progression quests. If you've been eye-ing us, or are interested in playing, check us out, drop by and let us know what you think.

I try to keep the news threads updated as much as possible:
PwnedEmu News Threads (http://www.pwnedemu.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=fd7ea717b5719c11f6698304ab155247)

www.pwnedemu.com

Thanks,
Dax

TheLieka
10-08-2007, 06:14 PM
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/4775/vztzgreenew9.png

That's all I'm sayin. ;)

Dax

JofaMang
10-12-2007, 02:12 AM
still sexy

suavo
10-26-2007, 04:35 AM
so what kind of numbers you guys got these days? You spreading the good word? Cuz quite honestly, thats the only thing holding me back from joining ya... so far Ive heard its not to populated.

boogerific
10-26-2007, 05:13 AM
You could set the example and become one of the populace. ;)

John Adams
10-26-2007, 06:14 AM
Don't get too excited. Tess is my server, and there are 0 players. :)

j/k - gratz Dax. I'm just happy to see you sticking with it. Most PvP dies by now.

TheLieka
10-26-2007, 09:21 AM
We're typically just under PEQTGC in population. I think our cap so far has been 75ish, but typically we're holding at around 50.

Feel free to drop by and give us a shot. If you don't like it, I'll refund your subscription fee. ;)

Dax

Zindabik
11-02-2007, 07:17 AM
when I click the link o pwnedemucom why cant I get to the page to download the patcher

TheLieka
11-02-2007, 11:16 AM
when I click the link o pwnedemucom why cant I get to the page to download the patcher

I'm not sure what you're referring to, but if you've got a support question related to our site, please post it on our forums, not here.

Dax

Zindabik
11-02-2007, 03:09 PM
I'm not sure what you're referring to, but if you've got a support question related to our site, please post it on our forums, not here.

Dax

yea, did, no one is answering

TheLieka
12-03-2007, 04:35 AM
Development on FearPlane and HatePlane will be finished shortly. Drop by if you haven't done so yet:

http://forums.pwnedemu.com

Dax

Zlandicar
12-03-2007, 12:33 PM
A good all round server but alot of bugs aftar some testing. No regen on mobs people can bind rush everything and some dopes going on. Apart from all that it's a good solid server, But i don't think it's worth playing untill these bugs are delt with.

Nrak
12-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Yah nice Dev team and stuff, but lots of problem with Dupping / No life boxing 6 char at once to 3 men bind rush dragons at 7 am (one week spawn so spawn is locked) and just not a whole lot to do PvE wise.
PvP is fun but kinda get old fighting the same naked people all the time, due to resist being fucked, it s not worth wearing items.

Pewpeat
12-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Im downloading titanium as I sleep tonight, hope it works! Im intrigued (sp) by a oldschool teams server, is there any old VZ players that play this server? it seems this was an impossibly long time ago. I used to have a necro in <Combine Ressurection> and a peck rogue in <Short Fuse> on VZ can this server possibly offer any of that old fun? seems like I would give up all the flashy graphics of new mmo's for some of the "accidental" perfection that old EQ offered

<whiteshroud> ftw

Nocturne
12-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Gods and demons..Combine Ressurrection, I remember you guys, terrorised my halfling druid for months in the Karanas! Funny how just reading a guildname brings back memories. I was once in the original <Order of Vallon>, back pre-Kunark. Eventually moved to the Rathe (around PoP) because I met a few guys at collage who played there, and who were too chicken to try a pvp server :p Quit EQ a few months after DoN, just now looking at EqEmu with a lot of nostalgia, this server looks great BTW!

Nocturne

TheLieka
12-10-2007, 03:13 AM
Combine Res... I just got goosebumps. =) Good times sir. Good times.

I was in mostly random darkie purist guilds until my 50s when I joined up with Macabre, Silent Souls, and ran with Vexare until I joined up with Torrent when they formed. I played here and there after that, but nothing compares with those days.

Dax

TheLieka
12-20-2007, 04:15 AM
12-19-2007
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Lots of NPC merchant fixes
Resist Revamp
Mana removed from pvp deaths
Fixed issue with corpses not saving
Removing Map functionaily from all zones other than cities and newbie zones
Rez Effects is no longer dispellable.
Runes now survive zoning.
NPCs now regen much more when they are not engaged (no more bind rushing dragons, sorry).
Server will now respond fiercely to players using active hacks such as /warp and /zone. Offenders are logged and will be dealt with, even if a GM is not online during the infraction.
Wiped a great deal of gear related to corpse issues.
Rogue "Hide" is now useful.
Expendable items with charges will not poof after the first charge is spent (i.e. pumice, 5 dose potions, etc)
Multiboxing is limited to 2 active connections per IP. If you get locked out and cannot log in any character, try rebooting and giving it 5 minutes to clear our your stale sessions. This will work like the old EQ 1018 errors.
Dax

TheLieka
02-15-2008, 04:12 AM
Lots of updates, and more to come~

http://forums.pwnedemu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Dax

HurtinuDaily
02-15-2008, 08:50 AM
I started playing on this server a week ago and I am having a blast. There are still some issues but as far as stability goes it is great, i play 2 charachters and I went linkdead maybe 4 times in about 25 hours of play. people bagging thier gear sucks, but there are still chances to find geared people to pk. Also the spawns of named as far as I can tell are actually fairly accurate making it semi difficult but not overly difficult to get the items you actually want, between camping and item and pvping, this makes it interesting because once you ding lvl 50 you still have lots to do in terms of farming gear.

Slipx
02-27-2008, 10:29 AM
so you have to pay to play here?

Leodextrin
02-27-2008, 10:37 AM
so you have to pay to play here?
nominated for idiot post of the day

^^

MNWatchdog
02-27-2008, 05:37 PM
so you have to pay to play here?I Second that.

Terosis
03-20-2008, 04:37 AM
I started on this server two months ago, and it has been an absoulte blast. When I initially heard about it, I was excited at the thought of the origional game we all loved. Ever since the origional EQ, no other mmo has really matched up.

On this server, everything from leveling your char, camping guise in guk, group pvp, to raiding Fear, Hate, and now Sky... it's awesome. A decent amount of GM events including pvp tournaments has also added some extra fun into the experience.

My thanks are to Daxum and all of the guides/gm's helping to make such a dream for a classic server become a reality for an old EQ fanatic. :D

TheLieka
03-22-2008, 03:51 PM
We're glad that you guys are enjoying it. :)

Dax

Drizztwbcr
03-25-2008, 05:33 AM
I feel like I might win the idiot title for the day for this question....but I cannot seem to find the server on the server list. I followed all the steps on the Play Guide, and on the PwnedEmu.com (server is up according to that website) but I do not see it on the server list. If anyone could help me that would be great!!!

Drizztwbcr
03-25-2008, 01:21 PM
FIgured it out

TheLieka
03-26-2008, 06:12 PM
We just completed an upgrade on the server and dataline:

Server:

2 x 2.4 ghz Xeon Processors
6 gb DDR2 RAM (Utilizing PAE - so we get to use all of it ;))
2 x 33.6gb 15,000 rpm SCSI drives in RAID 1 (System)
4 x 33.6gb 10,000 rpm SCSI drives in RAID 5 (Data/Database)

Dataline:
Verizon FIOS:

http://www.pwnedemu.com/250990365.png

Yeah... I know.

Anyway, enjoy the new beast. Happy hunting.

saeggo
03-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Left my Titanium disc 1 in my fiance's computer. I'll have to get it tomorrow some time. Only ever tried EQ PvP once, but the thought of having classic + Kunark/Velious is just... yes.

Fjolvar
04-04-2008, 10:25 PM
You just convinced me to go buy EQ again. This server sounds perfect even though I'm not entirely crazy about Luclin, I'm glad you guys didn't add PoP! :) One question though, I read on the website that it said it's no longer divided up by races, instead by guilds... is this true??

TheLieka
04-05-2008, 04:32 AM
The server's scope has changed a lot since the original post, but I know that there are a lot of pages to this post now - and several of the updates got lost somewhere in the middle.

We scoped back to Old World only back in September or so. Since then, we've meticulously revamped and released Cazic-Thule (the zone), Plane of Fear, Plane of Hate, and Plane of Sky to their original glories.

We're currently working on Kunark, and it will be released as soon as we've got it refined to our standards, and ready to go. Check out our forums for updated changes at: http://www.pwnedemu.com.

Thanks,
Dax

Slipx
04-06-2008, 07:22 PM
can't login. when I click your server in the list, nothing happens, not even a load screen.

TheLieka
04-06-2008, 10:19 PM
PM me your IP address and I'll see if we have it banned.

Dax

Taenayr
04-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Nothing but good things being on this server. I'd highly recommend it to people wanting a true classic experience.

Drizztwbcr
04-08-2008, 01:13 PM
I agree with Tae. This is a great server, keep up the good work.!!!!!

billiameo
04-25-2008, 06:35 AM
So I'm curious, with your latest update of some serious hardware, what do you think your maximum capacity is?

TheLieka
04-25-2008, 09:33 AM
Hmm... interesting question. Honestly, I couldn't say. I think we've peaked around 150ish, but I don't think that's a hardware related hardcap. I think we could probably hold a couple hundred more with our current server - assuming that we don't have 350 in the same zone. ;)

Dax

korg
05-04-2008, 08:41 PM
This server started off decent till end game all casters suck, you pretty much have to be a melee and box a wiz/druid for ports and i wouldnt pvp anyone till you get in a guild cause since its a pvp server and you pvp people they take offense to it greatly and have alot of problems when you kill them you get alot of /whispers to you. The GMs suck it took them 24hrs to do a roll back cause they couldnt figure how in the world to do it. It takes them weeks sometimes months to get back to you when your missing items which happend to me atleast 20x and the GMs work with certain people to get other people in trouble its chaos. The pvp balance sucks ass its horrible they just keep nerfing one class after another and no maps are enabled its far from classic pvp. This is just a corrupt server i would never go back to it

unknownhost
05-04-2008, 11:35 PM
i dont normally post much but as a nobody with 0 friends on TZVZ but having played there several weeks i feel Korgs post is unfair to the creators of the server.

the server is HARD. EQ was never_built_for_pvp (people constantly forget this!) and the gents running this server do work their tails off to make things as balanced as they can.

this server is not for everyone. if you are thin-skinned you probably should stay away. <---please really consider this last statement as more people are thin-skinned than they realize. However, if you are tough enough and charismatic enough to make new friends you can have LOADS of fun here as the pvp is extremely active and does change over time so as not to get tootoo stale.

i havent played there lately so save the allegations of favoritism, i assure all that none there has any clue nor cares who i am, GTA4 just came out so ive been balls deep in that lately and playing eq none whatsoever. but the server really can be a blast.

korg
05-04-2008, 11:56 PM
If you play this server just dont kill anyone and no one will have a problem with you but if you end up killing someone you will end up getting the ol /ooc drama which leads to alot of things. Ive played EQlive for 6-7yrs now and this is probly the most annoying server ive played on. People CC like mad on here, the rules of LNS-loot n scoot are not backed inless the friend of the GM whines about it, ive been ninja looted by alot of people on here, trained, ive came up alota missing items that ive camped for hours and GMs do nothing overall i rate this server 100% gay. I do agree give it a try but msg me when your done 8).

tekken
05-05-2008, 12:13 AM
horrible service and banned for being accused of sending someone a email of MQ which is lies!!!! i would never come back to this server

MNWatchdog
05-05-2008, 12:55 AM
horrible service and banned for being accused of sending someone a email of MQ which is lies!!!! i would never come back to this server
I just started playing there a few weeks ago myself and havent had many interactions with the GMs. My biggest complaint is every patch has been a nightmare of some sort and they seem to do them on Friday nights so basicly ruining prime time for half the weekend.

This last patch had peoples corpses disappearing, then warp detector going off rampantly and then you were getting constant messages about your being reported for hacking even though you were just running around. With all this and this post at CoV about their tendency to ban people if the GM has PMS, it doesnt seem like it worth continuing to time into this server to just end up being banned for the the slightest slight or no appearant reason at all.

http://www.crusadesofvoracity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=42

When things are running fine, its a decent server though. Although, the previous post about it being slanted heavily toward melees in PvP is true, but they did finally fix the LoS advantage that melees had with arrows, so the server is a work in progress for sure. Also, the renerfed melee damage, so casters are living longer than 2 rounds now.

But no kinds of work is going to fix what sounds like a fascist GM system.

Ducking for the incoming ban stick.

TheLieka
05-16-2008, 12:37 PM
The GMs suck it took them 24hrs to do a roll back cause they couldnt figure how in the world to do it. It takes them weeks sometimes months to get back to you when your missing items which happend to me atleast 20x and the GMs work with certain people to get other people in trouble its chaos. The pvp balance sucks ass its horrible they just keep nerfing one class after another and no maps are enabled its far from classic pvp. This is just a corrupt server i would never go back to it

There's never (ever) been an issue with us not knowing how to do a roll back (rolling back is the easy cop-out way to go), but unfortunately we have more than just you to tend to, and we don't take rollbacks lightly (in fact we've only had to do 1 in the past 6 months, I think we did 2 rollbacks when the server first started back in August). So yes, we try to do everything in our power to correct an issue without forcing a rollback on the whole population. If that causes you great angst, I am sorry that we try to be thorough, rather than knee-jerking database rollbacks - that's just how we run the server. The issue that you are referring to was related to a corrupt inventory table in MySQL, and in the end we ended up having to do a roll back anyway - shit happens, and we do our best to minimize its impact on the players and the community.

I assure you that the GMs on the server are not corrupt, by any stretch. In order to get any power on the server, you've got to pass a background check that's more strenuous than the FBI, so save that whiney shit for a server where it's a legit complaint. The only complaints about our support staff is that we actively hunt down and ban hackers - and yes, we are aware that 90%+ of the players on eqemu hack. We just don't permit it on our server, if that bothers you, please don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

The rest of your post was just incoherent whining, so I will ignore those. If you had legit issues, you could have easily posted them to our forums and gotten your issues addressed. If that's too much effort from you, then why even waste the time to post a rant about the server? My guess is that you got banned for hacking.

People CC like mad on here, the rules of LNS-loot n scoot are not backed inless the friend of the GM whines about it, ive been ninja looted by alot of people on here, trained, ive came up alota missing items that ive camped for hours and GMs do nothing overall i rate this server 100% gay.

I'm sorry that you skinned your knee, and that we didn't have 5 Guides online during your euro-raid hours, but our support staff is extremely active, and responsive - so I call bullshit on this too. This is actually the first post I've seen about our guides being non-responsive, like I said - chances are, you got banned for hacking, so you're trying to pass off your embarrassment as concerns about the server.

But no kinds of work is going to fix what sounds like a fascist GM system.

I specifically remember banning your 10+ level 50 accounts myself, so yet again... I have a hard time gathering usable feedback from this post.

Banned players bitching about the server - there's a shock. Excuse me while I go find a grain of salt.

The bottom line is: If you want to be able to use 3rd party apps to play semi-legit on a "legit" server, then don't come to Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek; you will just end up getting banned, losing all of your progress, then lashing out at the server with hate posts on the eqemulator.net forums. If you can manage to play EQ without using Macroquest, then you'll probably have fun here.

If the server was corrupt, then no one would play on it - clearly, that is not the case. And as far as CoV, it's a who's who of banned VZ/TZ players - you guys would probably like it there.

Dax

MNWatchdog
05-19-2008, 12:55 AM
As far as I can tell, I was banned because you guys got a petition from a douchbag newby and probably his butt buddies who had been recently invite to the guild who I told to go fuck themselves when they started blathering on about them thinking some even newer newby to the guild should be getting some loot. Id been in line for said item for MONTHS before any of them even started on the server.

Evidently for a time before the banning I was watched by GMs because of that petition and the only thing said before the banning was We THINK Youre Using MQ. Even though in weeks of watching the best they could come up with is They Think.

When Null , a GM, confronted me about targetting a mob he couldnt figure out how I targetted the mob, I showed him how, which basicly put him on the spot for being an idiot and thus required me getting banned. Its hardly rocket science that the target box for mobs are much larger than the mob itself.

As for having more than 10 toons, what else is there to do on your server. 18 hours of the day, theres barely enough people on to form a group, so leveling toons and farming gear for them is what there is to do on the off hours. Plus, its fun to try different classes out. Something not worth bothering to do on live because of the huge leveling time.

You had people purposely crashing zones on another guilds raid for HOURS, people corpse camping people, etc and the most they got was a whole week suspension and nothing I ever did deserved what happened. As far as I know, I never even had anyone but those selfish fucks petition about me ever.

So yes, you might see why people bitch about you guys. You make unfounded snap decisions and then make sure noone knows about it by making sure they cant even plead their case on the forums.

Unlike most the people on your server, I spent countless hours writing suggestions, reporting bugs and working with GMs and certainly didnt deserve the treatment I got.

John Adams
05-20-2008, 03:45 PM
I love PVPers.

Tornsys
05-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Ive had difficulty with logging in while my roommate is dual boxing his monk/shaman, we've decided its likely that this server wont allow more than 2 of the same IP to connect to the server, is there any way around this so that I can also play with him and another friend on the server?

TheLieka
05-27-2008, 09:53 AM
Ive had difficulty with logging in while my roommate is dual boxing his monk/shaman, we've decided its likely that this server wont allow more than 2 of the same IP to connect to the server, is there any way around this so that I can also play with him and another friend on the server?

Yep, tell your roommate to stop dual boxing so you guys can play together. ;) We put this limitation in place to foster the teamwork and comradery on which EQ communities are built. It's worked pretty damn well so far; I hope you guys enjoy your stays. =)

Dax

Throttle
05-28-2008, 05:43 PM
I played here for about two weeks or so last month. As far as server stability and playability, it's pretty good. Not too far from the original game in regards to content, with the exception of massive exp boosts in dungeons, and the database seems pretty accurate for a server based on PEQ. I got to about level 40 with two characters and never participated in PvP a whole lot - the constant moaning, gloating, whining, name-calling and harrassing in /ooc was a fierce discouragement. I actually stopped playing because of this, fully expecting that if I didn't join one of the elite guilds, my PvP career would consist of a lot of ganking and CR-killing coming my way, as well as some very one-sided fights against people in dragon/planar gear. This is no different from Live, however, so I suppose it's only a bad thing if you're a more casual player.

There seems to be some massive class imbalance issues. While I haven't participated enough in PvP to speak from experience, common sense and forum-reading gives me a clear impression that certain classes are utterly dominant while others are practically unable to ever win a fight. This, again, was pretty much the case in Live as well, but since this server is clearly not trying to stick to canon in regards to its PvP balancing, I think it's a shame that it doesn't do a better job in this department. Resists have been messed up for as long as I can read back, melee damage has gone from insane to lousy and possibly back again, and it appears that certain classes are so useless that literally nobody plays them - I did at no point in my time playing there see a single bard or cleric.

Most of this server's playerbase is the core of the hardcore PvPers (and gankers and griefers, often but not always the same individuals) from the four original EQ PvP servers. Such concepts as "honor" and "pride" are laughed and scoffed at by most, and it usually has a very bitter mood about it. I could count on playing for a full two minutes before seeing my first "thanks for killing me on CR, fa**ot" or "lol Soandso zoneplugged, f***ing tw*t" and other such loveliness on the global OOC.

Having played for a long time on the original Sullon Zek, I am certainly not averse to less polite methods of conducting PvP, but I have never seen people so eager to grief or to avoid death on a server where there are no real consequences for losing or rewards for winning. There apparently was itemloot at one point, and there seems to be some discussion of implementing moneyloot or something else. As much as I enjoyed dirty PvP back when I had the time to put in for endless chains of CRs and corpse campings, I don't like it when served with a side dish of unplayable balance failure and a playerbase of which the majority will gleefully spend hours dunking your head in the proverbial toilet. It's just not for everyone, and I grew out of it when the Live PvP servers died. On SZ at least, and possibly on other Zeks where I didn't play, it served some purpose or illusion thereof.

MNWatchdog
05-29-2008, 12:50 AM
Throttle, although I cant disagree with everything you said, I have to give this Emu credit for actually being FAR more fair PvP wise between classes than Live ever was.

On live, casters are worthless in PvP, especially Enchanters, because theres so much resistance on every piece of gear making all spells resisted. I played on SZ too, and it had been years since any half way decent geared player didnt resist most every spell cast on them.

VZTZ has definately moved from class to class being far superior to most every other class, but class total superiority has largely been eliminated.and surely will continue to be worked on when needbe; something Live never bothered to deal with. So, I have to totally disagree with you saying theres massive class imbalance.

Peoples biggest bitch lately has been Mages being overpowered, which just happens to be my main, and I can tell you that the real issue is most people dont know about to PvP a Mage and it has little to do with Mage superiority. Theres litterally only 1 person on there who does it right and I dont even bother to try challenge him.

There was a time I was virtually the only mage on the server as they were so broken, Earth pet didnt root, pets moved so slow they couldnt catch a snail, etc. Luckily, these things have been fixed and made mages viable in PvP finally but certainly not the kill all people whine about.

You mention resists. Theyre far better than live IMO and have been adjusted several times in the past and probably will be again in the future. Personally, I think its already starting to be to easy to resist spells, but if these resist levels were on live, casters wouldnt have a chance of landing a spell There was a time when melee to caster PvP was really pointless for casters and the total played caster base consisted of only about 5%. These changes to resists were needed to give casters any sort of chance and there has been a reasonable increase in players playing casters now.

You are correct about the player base though. This is as hard core as SZ was and is not the server for the feint of heart. But then again, the darker the berry, the sweeter the juice.

I do wish they would change how PvP CR is handled so people who die in PvP would just pop with their corpses. I think this would fix a lot of issues and certainly the lame CR griefers. PvP servers tend to have a higher percentage of jerks and this server definately confirms that.

As for OOC, some people just cant help themselves/shut up. Eventually it all just becomes white noise and you barely even pay attention.

As for Griefers, I think once Kunark opens up, the Griefers will have better things to do for quite a while, plus the fish bowl will a lot larger and a LOT more tedious to just run around griefings as theres lots more places to hang and a lot less near by ports. To say nothing of the fact that zones are a lot larger so being able to surprise people will be a lot tougher.

Clerics were just arent a great PvP class. Their spells just dont have a lot of punch and their melee isnt much help. They are a bitch to kill though. Bards on Emu are just broken. Their DOTs hit their group members as well as other issues Im sure, so theyre just not played. Theyre a good PvE class on Emu, but PvP wise theres just to many issues Im guessing. They really werent a good PvP class until after like Luclin anyways.

Basicly, just hang in there. Things will get better.

XebeknSZ
05-31-2008, 02:18 PM
I've been playing pretty much since the beginning of the server and I have no complaints of GM corruption. I always thought that they were being one sided with me or my guild but when all the information came out, I realized I was wrong. There probably are some imbalances (I hear mages can nuke through walls now as per their bolt with its innate no LoS, which is pretty ridiculous if its true).

I played a wizard all through the melee dominance period (in which I was literally one of a hand full of people who played a pure caster) and I can attest to the fact that most of the imbalancing whine is made by people who are a) too lazy to figure out how to get around it or b) people who don't know any better. There are ways around every imbalancing issue and as a PvP'er, you should know how to get around them, ie I just never went into dungeons as a wizard because it meant an instant death.

There are ways around everything and every PvP'er should take pride in figuring out ways around it.

HurtinuDaily
06-02-2008, 10:50 AM
If you like to pvp this server is a lot of fun, I have been playing here for few months now and it has been a blast. Have I gotten pked alot?? YES, Have I pked alot of people??? YES. PvP makes it more challanging to camp items, exp because you have to watch your back. To the guy that was saying you can't pvp here thats very wrong. If you kill someone and they come back with a group for you just remember that there will always be a time when you catch them alone and can exact your revenge. I know I have a few people on my /who all playername hotkeys. I keep them handy and when I find them alone blam!!!! Revenge is sweet.

As far as balance goes, there always seems to be one or 2 classes that are on top but the GM's seem to adjust (nerf if you want) the over powered classes to bring them more in line with the other classes. I have stuck with the same 2 classes (monk and shammy) since I started playing and I have done fairly well in both pvp and pve.

As far as GM service and hacking, this has to be one of the best EMU's for anti hacking tools, the warp detector does go off when it shouldn't some times but if it wasn't there hacking would be rampant especially because this is a pvp server. For a free server I think that gm's respond fairly quickly, we had an incident in plane of fear one of the gm's helped us get our corpses within an hour. I also had a bugged character one time, it took a day, but once NULL was online he spent 2 hours of his time troubleshooting and fixxing my toon, when he could have spent 5 minutes rolling me back. In my eyes this is pretty decent free service since these guys have jobs and lives.

Anyway, I just had to post soemthing about my experience after reading some of the not so favorable reviews, so if you like pvp and enjoy a little drama instead of the same old camp / lvl / quest grind come try this out.

Oh yea should mention the guys just added a few custom loots / mobs for us while we are waiting for Kunark to be released.

TheLieka
06-04-2008, 10:23 PM
This video was created by one of our players (and no - we didn't commission him to do it :P ) - I thought it was really cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNrTcR0wetk

Dax

TheLieka
07-02-2008, 10:35 PM
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/9945/kunarkreleasenv0.jpg (http://www.pwnedemu.com)

Dax

TheLieka
07-09-2008, 01:52 PM
Just a quick update - we released Kunark on Monday. If you haven't tried us out, or have been away for a bit, now is a great time to join or rejoin. :)

Dax

Bullet2300
07-09-2008, 02:06 PM
How many concurrent users do you have online on average?

TheLieka
07-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Higher than we've ever had. :)

I haven't been closely following it, but I've heard numbers over 200 for the past 2 nights.

Dax

TheLieka
07-14-2008, 01:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AvPpe7d4lU << Mass Guild PVP in Sebilis yesterday.

Dax

Jonathan5
07-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Cool, but bring back item loot =[ .

MNWatchdog
07-15-2008, 12:11 AM
Cool, but bring back item loot =[ .Item loot favors certain classes way to much, Wizards probably being #1, and bones other classes completely, Enchanters 100% sure on this one.

DOT classes get hosed too because peoples ability to escape while dying so never get to loot anyone.

Basicly, no real way to balance it.

When the server had it, most ran around naked or bagged at the first signs of PvP.

Those who didnt bag, still got looted by those who did, so naked people risked nothing.

Also, people form up gank squads, some even naked squads, who go after soft targets while avoiding people/groups who could actually defend themselves.

Jonathan5
07-15-2008, 03:13 AM
Item loot favors certain classes way to much, Wizards probably being #1, and bones other classes completely, Enchanters 100% sure on this one.

DOT classes get hosed too because peoples ability to escape while dying so never get to loot anyone.

Basicly, no real way to balance it.

When the server had it, most ran around naked or bagged at the first signs of PvP.

Those who didnt bag, still got looted by those who did, so naked people risked nothing.

Also, people form up gank squads, some even naked squads, who go after soft targets while avoiding people/groups who could actually defend themselves.

And that my friend, is how the cookie crumbles.

Slipx
07-25-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm down to play, but can't find my titanium CD and I have a new hard drive here with the other one wiped....Shat.......

this server looks like a dream, too

Slipx
07-28-2008, 05:35 PM
best server i've played on since Discord - highly recommend this server

Slipx
08-03-2008, 11:55 AM
We have got to get the word out more about this server. Stealth your IP and login to SOD and tell them about it. There are pvpers there and it's a server with 350pop peak, I just converted 2-3 SODers to play on here.

Get your friends from work who like MMOs to play...not telling you to burn em copies of titani but make sure they get the damn game and get it installed, they'll like it...this server is addictive,

seems to be an xp bonus, my mage pet at lvl 2 was lvl 4, and between lvls 1-20 I actually had a pet that was red to me, lol.

klamath
08-03-2008, 02:18 PM
ive been leveling on tvzek got 53 on my char's and found out 12 people can kill faydar not all level 60's so i quit lol. It don't take any effort to kill names or anything and the pvp is not all that good.

XebeknSZ
08-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Ummm Faydedar is broken (will be fixed) and it takes quite a few characters to kill named. The PvP is by far the best that any server has to offer at the moment.

Smedy
12-15-2008, 05:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AvPpe7d4lU << Mass Guild PVP in Sebilis yesterday.

Dax

Sweet, my videos are being linked

Come play people, it's the best server out there!

bennyboy888
12-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Ummm Faydedar is broken (will be fixed) and it takes quite a few characters to kill named.

LOL yea xeb, you would know about such bluebie things wouldn't you?:
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s236/Xebekn/EQ000061-1.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s236/Xebekn/ss6.jpg

The PvP is by far the best that any server has to offer at the moment.

LOL you say that because---there's no longer item loot? because all you and your guild does all day is farm named/raid bosses? yep thats some good pvp, bluebie.

Pheersome
12-15-2008, 09:38 PM
does this server still have the lame loot and scoot rules?

I tried this server for a little while but without there being any real way to punish bluebies other than prevent them from farming items for an hour or so, it didn't hold my interest long

Richardo
12-16-2008, 04:14 AM

LOL you say that because---there's no longer item loot? because all you and your guild does all day is farm named/raid bosses? yep thats some good pvp, bluebie.

Hrm... And here I always through PvE is what makes PvP work. Maybe I am wrong! Maybe if all pvp servers had npcs that summoned gear for everyone with maximum stats, players would enjoy it much more... Awesome speculation sir!

Smedy
12-16-2008, 05:31 AM

You think that's blue?

Check this out http://forums.pwnedemu.com/showthread.php?t=5362

I cannot stop laughing to the quote: Good luck to everyone else on their epic journey! with that picture above it, man, thats fucking great.

Richardo
12-16-2008, 06:18 AM
*sigh*....

riff
12-16-2008, 03:19 PM
HAHAH... I went on youtube and were telling people on the PwnedEQ videos that they should go to eqemulator instead.... didnt know it was the server i play on.. wheeeewwwps

lonmoer
12-25-2008, 01:37 PM
how is server life like? what about population at peak times? are people chatty or is it silent?

Richardo
12-26-2008, 04:25 AM
how is server life like? what about population at peak times? are people chatty or is it silent?

Every 5 seconds, someone accuses another player of hacking when in reality they're both hacking. They have a great population. Probably around 80 or so at peak times... (Don't believe the counter on the server list. When it says 110, it really is around 80 or so. :) )

raeven37
04-26-2009, 03:33 PM
Fantastic Server, guys! Out of all of the preferred servers yours is the most stable, the fastest, and the most fun i've been on!

Keep up the good work ya'll

-Steve

FonzoRelli
04-29-2009, 09:58 PM
Fantastic Server, guys! Out of all of the preferred servers yours is the most stable, the fastest, and the most fun i've been on!

Keep up the good work ya'll

-Steve

thanks for the kind words ;)

daddys
05-15-2009, 04:29 AM
Hm, wont recognize my log in!

luger
05-18-2009, 06:39 AM
Remember that your forum login is most likely not the same as your account login.

Also it takes me a few times before I can login. It gets hungup sometimes.
Short of these items, you might want to be more specific...