PDA

View Full Version : Where can we find latest database?

Drewfus
06-12-2002, 10:15 PM
I have skimed through the forums and it is kind of confusing on where I can find the latest database. Any know a simple answer to this.

I also figured out a problem that I was having with the emulator crashing when I tried to log in. I was keeping my backup on CD. When I copied everything back over to my Harddrive all my files were set as read only. As soon as I changed all the files to regular it worked fine.

Mauritius
06-12-2002, 10:53 PM
hello!

there are different databases: ariaks, drawdes, and so on.
for more infos go to the WORLDBUILDING thread.

About your problem while restoring files from a CD, well, a CDRW in a CDROM drive is considered a read only medium, therefore, all files on a CD are marked as read only and will be restored as read only.

Try putting the the CD in the CDRW drive.
Do not conclude the session when you backup the files.

Drewfus
06-13-2002, 05:25 AM
Anyone have any more detalied information? I have looked through the world building thread and have not found too much information on a current database. Maybe we could have a thrread with only Database to make is simple for the simple minded like myself.

killspree
06-13-2002, 07:43 AM
Uh, the worldbuilding forum is for databases. If you read a lot of the threads that say "<name of database> version <number>", then you'd get links to download the sql files.

Drewfus
06-14-2002, 03:30 AM
OH well. I have gone through the Worldbuilder threads and it is kinda difficult actually putting your pointer on a database or script for a database. You practically have to jump through hoops. IT would not be bad if there was one location for databases. Maybe inthe misc files or something like that. Just an idea.

Trumpcard
06-14-2002, 07:20 AM
This is a troll, isn't it....