PDA

View Full Version : Cannot connect to the server try repatching error

Bakersman
08-23-2007, 02:09 AM
hi everyone,

new to the forums here and i have been having an error to my server, it is a public server and there has been no issue with one account on this connection but when i go to another connection and try to connect to my server it crashes and bumps me to the main login screen, or gives me the repatching error, i had a patched trilogy and titanium unpatched i uninstalled both and kept the files for the titanium in a different directory if it was a registry problem with the patched eq one, as i am going strictly with my own server to mess around with in my own time one connection is a dsl connection on the server side and the other is a cable connection on the other, could it be the router settings on the cable connection and need to open the 5998 port to the public servers or anyone found a resolution to the problem? i have seen a couple issues that are the same or very simular on the problem but no fix was posted, thanks in advanced!

by the way a side note to the development team, great job guys it is great to know that 7 years of investment to sony i can continue playing into the future even if they do not, sony should actually let you host your own bloody server and the people that want support pay the gm's salary and stop soaking people except for buying the addons and to those servers that are supported, they still make a bit of cash anyway i have been saying that for 7 years and 7600 bucks later in account fees rougly, i love eq but damn thats alot of money to play a game. Great job again everyone keep up the good work.

Bakersman
08-23-2007, 02:26 AM
forgot to mention that i can connect to the other servers on the cable connection but it is warpy and i have no virus's/adware, uninstalled antivirus no windows firewall

techguy84
08-23-2007, 04:16 AM
Does world show that you are trying to connect, or is it just blank. Youll see action if it is actually seeing the client trying to connect. Since you can connect to other servers, your eq install is ok, just need to get connections going to your server. Check the log files also.

Bakersman
08-23-2007, 05:08 AM
the log shows fine for my connection here from the computer i have the client installed on to the server computer but i have about 5 that are blank no trace at all, but i am not seeing anything connecting to the server externally from the other connection, but i log into the login server fine and i can connect to other servers only tried the main ones in green, i know that those are working fine for sure, when i log into them though i get a chop slow fast movment rate like it is lagging i know it is not the computer because i have an am2 4600 dual core with 2gb ram and an asus 7250 256 mb video card, but back to your question, when i try to log into my server it tries to load the game then bumps me to the main loggin and have to loggin server, could be ports on other router with cable connection?

techguy84
08-23-2007, 06:24 PM
Well, the choppy movement is possible due a Dual Core issue with AMD/Windows combinations. As far as not connecting, make sure ports 5999, 7000-7005 are open for connections. These need not apply to the client on the main server, and need not apply to minilogin connections as they are purley lan side stuff and port forwarding is only for WAN -> LAN. Not sure what your problem is exactly.

In your log files, and in the World.exe window, when you try to connect to your server, it should say something about a connection from that computers IP Address. Do you even see your IP address when connecting, its going to be the local address lke 192.168.2.2 or something like that. If you do not see this, then your server is not getting connections coming in and its more than likely due to a botched server config entry. Triple check your eqemu_config.xml file with the one int he guide in my signature, of course using the right one for public/minilogin scenarios.

Bakersman
08-24-2007, 12:47 AM
could you do me a favor and log into the black hand server and see if you can connect?