PDA

View Full Version : waiting for new account activation?

shazam
09-25-2007, 03:15 AM
Hmm n=been like 3 days and still in query? account name is mrplankton420 any info would be helpful! thanks and keep up the great work!

mattmeck
09-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Only 3 days?

I do what i can and have a little list going where i add people when i have a couple free min, as mentioned elsewhere I am the only one that can do it, and cant get a second person added to be able to help.

Will get to it when i can, only thing they cant do is post, can still PM, create login server accounts, read the forums and everything. So I do it when I can, and dont loose sleep because it dont stop people from playing.

Lalolyen
09-25-2007, 10:51 AM
Matt why not put Angel and some of the Devs on activation duty? =P Would lighten your load and if they aren't doing much it will certainly take the bordem out of their day *ROFLMAO*

Angelox
09-25-2007, 12:18 PM
He did - he had planned to put me in a spot where I could help bring in the new members (is why I was made Admin), but he hasn't the access to do so.
Lucky for us he still comes here once in a while and helps out, because no one else who can, is. The new-comers are already pointed to me, but all I've been able to do, is foward the email to Matt.
And to all you new-comers, this is nothing personal, it's just our best way to deal with spammers and spam-bots. With this in effect, no spam at all enters the forums.

mattmeck
09-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Have developers help? Hell its been months and Angelox still dont have full admin access yet (and all a dev has to do is click a button)

These issues have been stated in many other threads, and nothing has changed, still no support from developers when it comes to the forums.

I have been trying to get others access to help for months and months now, it still comes down to me, with a full time job, single parent, and active in several other projects to do everything.

Sorry it takes a while, but people are still PMing me, as well as Angelox forwarding me stuff, and tho its not hard to give people access it still takes time i dont have.

Angelox
09-25-2007, 07:01 PM
I am able to adjust user status now (Thank you FNW!) , I found the rather-large list of users waiting moderation. Will be working on this starting tommorrow, anyone who is watching this thread, and wants me to fix their accounts, please PM me (again if you already did) so I can take care of you first.
Hopefully, I can get you all taken care of tommorrow, which would be today, because it's already 3:00 am ( I have to be at work by 7:30am)!

Lalolyen
09-25-2007, 07:26 PM
And you haven't put a fire under their fourth-points of contact yet why? =P

mattmeck
09-25-2007, 08:15 PM
I found the rather-large list of users waiting moderation. Will be working on this starting tommorrow,

OMG NO!!! all but a few of them are there because they never PM'd me!! A lot are bots or have the same IP as a bot we banned!

Angelox
09-25-2007, 10:30 PM
Heh! I thought about this after I made the post, decided I was going to ask you first. Thanks Matt, I'll letthem PM me first.

OMG NO!!! all but a few of them are there because they never PM'd me!! A lot are bots or have the same IP as a bot we banned!

fathernitwit
09-26-2007, 05:28 PM
I have been trying to get others access to help for months and months now

Matt, no offense, but last night was the first time I have heard this request... as stated in the other thread, if you need something from one of the devs, the only way its going to happen is to get ahold of us on IRC. We may not always be there, but we will almost always eventually see PMs there.

Lalolyen
09-27-2007, 02:13 AM
*grabs the popcorn*

Soo I'd say this kinda relates to the wiki spam thread as well...

I'd say the objective, seriously is to craft a code that will allow users to auto-create the accounts to lift the burden of activing each individual account from the admins so they can have time to do better stuff... Like coding, moderating, PLAYING (and don't tell me you don't care about playing he he =P).