PDA

View Full Version : Sooo, I'm playing live again...

drakelord
09-30-2007, 12:26 PM
And I was wondering if any of the devs need anything checked or done that does not result in account banning. Anything you need me to look at or check or something?

Theeper
10-01-2007, 06:38 AM
Figure out the opcodes for the bandolier and potion belt and I will love you long time.

drakelord
10-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Wellllll, if you wanna explain how I would go about that. I'd imagine using a packet sniffer combined with something else while using said objects?

Lalolyen
10-01-2007, 10:39 AM
I don't think there are opticodes for the bandoiler and the potion belt, I could be wrong, but I think that is 99% client side programming and came out of the PoR era.

Aevil
10-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Potion belt was PoR but im pretty sure bandolier was before that.

ndnet
10-10-2007, 05:00 AM
They were both features out of Dragons of Norrath, part of the Titanium package, so they should be possible.

Furrygamer
10-11-2007, 06:17 AM
Might be something to do with the server saving between sets. So when you switch to another, the server does not understand what happened and deletes your armor (bandolier). I am not good with coding, but it does sound like a server side support needing to be found.

Killeverything
04-03-2009, 11:54 PM
anyone have the code yet for the Bandolier ??

Cripp
04-04-2009, 12:19 PM
this thread is like 2 years old my friend...

trevius
04-04-2009, 06:53 PM
anyone have the code yet for the Bandolier ??

The bandolier was implemented a while back and the bugs with it were fixed by Derision. It works well now as far as I hear.

Terethian2
04-05-2009, 10:58 AM
I deffinately noticed some major differences in emu and live even early on...

Kurns tower, the skeletons are suppossed to be practically blind. They never assist other skeletons unless you are right on top of them. This is what it is like on live.

Kurns tower, the iksar berzserker club drops 100% of the time which is rediculous.

Kurns tower, the undead jester is suppossed to be on the same spawn table as the thick boned skeleton and fingered skeleton not a seperate spawn 100% guarunteed to pop.

tower of frozen shadow. The quests need to be modified. EQ changed the zone a long time ago on live so that ANY mob on levels 1 - 4 will possibly spawn the key holder. I know it may sound strange but it's been that way for a long time, they did it to increase the chances of finding the key. The only key holder that didn't really change is the one where you kill spectres until you find the spectre which has a pet and kill it for the key.

Just saying. Not complaining really cause peq is really great over all. TOFS is useless anyways. It really needs either easier to get keys or an overall revamp so people will raid it.

Belfedia
04-05-2009, 11:52 AM
I deffinately noticed some major differences in emu and live even early on...

Kurns tower, the skeletons are suppossed to be practically blind. They never assist other skeletons unless you are right on top of them. This is what it is like on live.

Kurns tower, the iksar berzserker club drops 100% of the time which is rediculous.

Kurns tower, the undead jester is suppossed to be on the same spawn table as the thick boned skeleton and fingered skeleton not a seperate spawn 100% guarunteed to pop.

tower of frozen shadow. The quests need to be modified. EQ changed the zone a long time ago on live so that ANY mob on levels 1 - 4 will possibly spawn the key holder. I know it may sound strange but it's been that way for a long time, they did it to increase the chances of finding the key. The only key holder that didn't really change is the one where you kill spectres until you find the spectre which has a pet and kill it for the key.

Just saying. Not complaining really cause peq is really great over all. TOFS is useless anyways. It really needs either easier to get keys or an overall revamp so people will raid it.

Report this in peq forum (http://projecteq.net) that help us :)

noudess
03-19-2013, 10:46 AM

I've noticed on my new server the undead jester pops every time, and MOST of the time the club drops. Could someone help me fix this? He doesn't look to be in a spawn group like he was/is on live?

I can't seem to get to the peqdb web site anymore. I'm not sure how/when/where to get db updates?

orionsun
03-19-2013, 11:20 AM
Double necro a 6 year old post for the undead jester in kurns? lol you and the lake rathe chick should get together and discuss things nobody else cares about.

Kenej
03-19-2013, 11:20 AM
I've noticed on my new server the undead jester pops every time, and MOST of the time the club drops. Could someone help me fix this? He doesn't look to be in a spawn group like he was/is on live?

I can't seem to get to the peqdb web site anymore. I'm not sure how/when/where to get db updates?

damn haha this is a huge thread necro.. but in any case that's a simple fix..

Just add it to a spawngroup using your spawnentry/spawngroup tables and then tinker with the drop rate a little bit.. This thread'll prolly be closed once a mod sees it so if you can't figure it out there are a bunch of tutorials on the wiki on using those tables and you're welcome to PM me.

noudess
03-19-2013, 11:38 AM
Double necro a 6 year old post for the undead jester in kurns? lol you and the lake rathe chick should get together and discuss things nobody else cares about.

Wow. Friendly. I'm new to running my own server, and went to the server general forum for advice. Shoot me. Both cases were broken, and kind people helped me fix them.

j3wman
03-19-2013, 07:26 PM
When you tell people to use the Search function, they get a old thread. They ask questions in said thread, and they get flamed. 'Tis the life of a newbie.