PDA

View Full Version : A letter

Sakrateri
10-14-2007, 07:58 AM
This is a PM I received here. I don't care who gets pissed at who for what but don't try to drag me into this. I have seen all the adverts posted around for your up and coming site and if I'm interested I will check it out on my own accord. I have been here awhile and only two of those names ring a bell and I have seen many more then that leave as I'm sure with time even more will but that is what time is all about, change, good luck in your ventures but don't try dragging others with you. If you feel an urge to PM me about something please let it be about the lottery I won, Thanks.

XXXXX is on a distinguished road
Default EQEMUCommunity.org
The EQEmulator devs and admins have gotten a bit carried away in my opinion and well thats where I'm going now.

I won't disclose my real name for sake of the login server account but I thought you should know.

Everyone that was banned so far, Lalolyen, Breea, Furrygammer, Exudos, Megamanspet, Olderlurker, and many more are there now because of bans, some just for sticking up for Lalolyen, some more agressive like asking questions about what happened.

By the way, if you were to report this message, I would be banned for "linking to a site that attacks EQEMU" so the admins say, however if you read that site, there is not one official comment attacking EQEMU, especially compared to SoE which everyone else links to.

P.S I think if they know your forum name then they can find your login name...

uncommon
10-14-2007, 09:17 AM
Got the same PM... like prolly a lot of the eqemu members... seriously i'm with Sakrateri here, if you don't agree with eqemu's devs/moderators or whatever that's your fucking problem. I'm the curious guy so yeah i visited that website, you decide to start a fork of eqemu well... i don't give a shit, do what you want, licence allow that. Peoples will come to that project by themselves if they feel the need to.

mattmeck
10-14-2007, 09:52 AM
Just a funny comment here.... They are mad because they caught a ban for breaking the forums rule.... the forums there running have way more rules then here... wonder how that works?

Angelox
10-14-2007, 10:01 AM
You didn't see them at first - they were bashing our forums and this project, made me mad; use eqemu to promote your site then bad mouth us.
Thats why I stopped the last one.
They've since changed that tune, I guess the want to look more "innocent".
Probably users waiting for approval should only be able to PM the admins.

gernblan
10-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Yah I find quite a bit of humor and irony in this, too.

boogerific
10-14-2007, 11:20 AM
I must be blind.. I didn't see this coming. I din't even notice that I had a pm waiting until I read Sak's post. Weird.

mattmeck
10-14-2007, 11:30 AM
I love how I am getting the blame when I am not even the one banning all the people, i Support the person who is however it is not me!

The whole story being told is a twisted version of what really happened, i didnt even get involved until the forum rules were broke, i didnt start the issues, have anything to do with the issues, nadda nothing /shrug.

Angelox
10-14-2007, 11:32 AM
I just got another mean assed PM from
"carsonist" alias "Serliten" alias "suzukakun" alias "TorusBW" alias "megamanspet" alias "askstorm" (/takes a deep breath), alias "Furrygamer" , and a bunch more that I haven't been able to find, and even more to come, I'm sure.
Mr. "megamanspet", and I call you this because it one of your first accounts that you thought were hiding, There is such a think as online harassment and stalking. I wish you would give it up already, and go do something else.

boogerific
10-14-2007, 11:41 AM
It's a bit hypocritical that they hate it here so badly that they created a fork but still they're using the eqemu login server for players to access their server.

riratm
10-14-2007, 07:43 PM
I bid you all hello. This is Exudos, and I would just like to say that no one to my knowledge from our community is doing this. Someone is slandering our name. We might not like the way you handle things here, but we're not hateful idiots. We respect you as a starting point, but just want to move forward in our own way, and we hope you can understand this. Some harsh words were spoken, and I myself swore at a mod, as he had edited the post and made it look like nothing had happened, and thusly made it look like he was posting something hateful in an otherwise productive thread. I would also like to point out that it is definitely not megamans pet, otherwise known as furry gamer, who is doing this, he has spoken to me and expressed his distress towards the turn that this thread is taking in accusing him of misdeeds. This is not my account, and I won't be using it again, so banning it would be childish. That's my two cents, peace.

Sakrateri
10-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Yeah , I got one from Carsonist now. I really hate to think after all this time being in this community I would have to disable PM's because of these Stupid, Whiny, Dumb ass, Crybaby MotherFu#$%r's. I can tell you now with the childish way they try to get attention to themselves I will NEVER join their group because I can see already what is going to happen if someone pisses them off over there. People have pissed me off before here and I am sure I have pissed others off before but it was usually handled in an adult way. I do hope they just piss off and get tired of this and go fuck their own forums up and leave these alone already.

If this keeps up, I vote to find everyone of those bastards and kick their login accounts as well.

drakelord
10-15-2007, 12:13 AM
Layolen isn't sending these. He has also posted a thread telling whoever it is to stop.

All of this has been taken way out of proportion anyway. I've never seen adults act so much like kids in my entire life.

Revilor
10-15-2007, 05:19 AM
I couldn't agree more Drakelord. This has been blown way out of proportion. The last time I check Layolen was helping the community and then gets banned for finding a problem. This has to be worst than people who don't search forums.

devn00b
10-15-2007, 08:23 AM
Gee i feel left out..I didnt get an email...

/cry.

He gets mad when people who know the code look at his OMG LEET find, and say you got nothing, starts breaking the rules and gets banned. so he forks.
Then they try and say that omg were onto somthing look at the ex-devs post! i think its pretty funny. I'd be all for a fork, and making a new login server, hence why in the past i released the login server with the crypto btw, but the way he did things is wrong. And now members of his "fork" are spamming members here.
They should be glad im not the devn00b I used to be. Ask Lucid Vision what i did when they pissed me off.

Ayala
10-15-2007, 09:04 AM
Secondly, and again, if it was open-source, the community, I, KLS, or the few hundred others here that are very active and intelligent could have provided you guys with a method of authenticating sessions, not just outright trusting an account creation based on a key received from the ls server (keep in minds I can "push" a packet anywhere i want and make it appear to be sent from George W's pc itself, that info is just modified packet headers and pushed packets... thats it.)

Being I'm probably just leaving a message on an answering machine here that won't get heard until another 4 or 5 months down the road... This situation is kinda of urgent, not to mention the other community members here that are strangled at the fact they cannot contribute or submit code because of "dev team" inactivity. *not complaining, just repeating*

Suggestion...

Change the usrmeth() , re-release eqemu, keep that to yourself, open up the login server, let the community do what communities do best... Build, create, and improve.

Looks like he was trying to help. make the server login more secure. Not sure exactly where he attacked your code, but not seeing it.

The software is fairly simple, but the main thing they are hiding is their login servers authentication from server to server. Seriously... If you released that, there would be hackers galore right now eating up every server out there, creating SysOp accounts and booting everyone. YES you can control status from the login server though I did find an option in the source of emu to not honor status requests from the login server; I'm sorry but that needs to be on by default... IF I CAN CRACK IT, that means there are a lot of others that can as well.

Seems a good reason to keep it closed if there is a security flaw that big in it. I'd say we had better be glad that a hacker didn't get a hold of it and spam everyones servers with fake accounts first.

Not sure what all the tension is about, but it seems like someone's got their panties in a wad and a flame war ensued.

As far as the private messaging is concerned. I can kind of understand that since it seems like posting something out in the open is obviously a bad idea for them, but not sure how that's bashing the forums. It looks like they don't like the way things went, but didn't see any direct bash comments in there.

Just my thoughts on it is all.

redneckraccoon
10-15-2007, 05:07 PM
Golly, I didn't get any of these so-called PM's either. Now I did read the "interesting" discussion from the minilogin issue, even posted my first post there. I admit that maybe this Lalolyen (I think this is how you spell it) comes on way too strong. He's been labeled a "drama queen" on various forums involving incedents on regular EQ because he drives his points home with a 8 pound sledgehammer instead of a normal hammer. It tends to make people ticked off to have their words thrown in their face with acid and people tend to retaliate, with and without common sense. Who knows who's right at this point, as everyone can interpret the same words different. examples of the many paths of christianity come to mind and the knowledge of 2 or more witnesses to the same occurence tell different recounts come to mind. As for the imbeciles who are sending these PM's, noone is entitled to your opinion, no matter how right you think it is. And no offense to the admins, mods and devs of this community, but I feel you may be acting just a hair childish yourselves. I've read a few of Lalo's last posts and read your responses after you closed said threads to find you are falling short of mature yourselves. The past is the past, learn from it, try not to repeat it, and sure as heck don't dwell on it.

TheLieka
10-16-2007, 12:48 PM
I got one! I'm popular!

=P

Dax

10-16-2007, 03:31 PM
Golly, I didn't get any of these so-called PM's either. Now I did read the "interesting" discussion from the minilogin issue, even posted my first post there. I admit that maybe this Lalolyen (I think this is how you spell it) comes on way too strong. He's been labeled a "drama queen" on various forums involving incedents on regular EQ because he drives his points home with a 8 pound sledgehammer instead of a normal hammer. It tends to make people ticked off to have their words thrown in their face with acid and people tend to retaliate, with and without common sense. Who knows who's right at this point, as everyone can interpret the same words different. examples of the many paths of christianity come to mind and the knowledge of 2 or more witnesses to the same occurence tell different recounts come to mind. As for the imbeciles who are sending these PM's, noone is entitled to your opinion, no matter how right you think it is. And no offense to the admins, mods and devs of this community, but I feel you may be acting just a hair childish yourselves. I've read a few of Lalo's last posts and read your responses after you closed said threads to find you are falling short of mature yourselves. The past is the past, learn from it, try not to repeat it, and sure as heck don't dwell on it.

Huh? Where did christianity come from? You sure you understand this situation?

For once I agree with the eqemu teams stance on this issue and this team knows I barely agree with them. Lalolyen got upset because he thought he accomplished something he did not ( cracking encryption for EQ's login server by disassembling the minilogin which contains no encryption algorithims). Not only was he told by various former developers, developers and admins of his error, he was warned after numerous posts that his attitude on the subject was getting out of hand. Simply put this guy just wanted attention and he got it, just wasn't the result he wanted.

To make matters even more interesting his attempt to fork the project is that of frustration and desperation. He is inexperienced in emulator development and the fork will ultimately fail because of his lack of people skills, lack of programming skills plus the team he is conjuring up pretty much by whomever joins his fork.

People need to stop defending Lalolyen in this matter, he is suffering the consequences of his actions.

redneckraccoon
10-16-2007, 03:53 PM
The part about christianity was using it as an example of people interpreting the same writing (the Bible) differently. Think mormons, baptists, presbyterians, etc. As for making it sound like I was supporting his actions, I never said or implied such, just stating facts. Please don't jump to conclusions after speed reading my reply. Wait, I take it back. That would be jumping to conclusions. I'm not trying to insult anyone. The other reason I posted was to see out of curiosity if those that were being underhanded with the Pm's would attempt to send me one. Fortunately they didn't, hopefully due to lack of interest and short attention spans.

Sakrateri
10-16-2007, 06:01 PM
This post was supposed to be about receiving unwanted and unwarranted PMs NOT a support Laylying (or however you spell it) thread. If you really think she, he or whatever is in the right go over to eqcomedy.org (or whatever that site is) and show your support there, I am sure it will be appreciated over there.

redneckraccoon
10-16-2007, 06:56 PM
For heaven's sake have anyone read my posts all the way thru before they reply? I will say it again. Please pay attention.

* I was trying to entice the idiot PMers.

* I was not supporting or discrediting Lalo, merely stating what I observed and my subsequent view upon it.

* I was trying to be somewhat civil, though it does tick me off a hair to be instantly stereotyped into a group for expressing my view while trying to satisfy my curiosity.

* I did slightly go off topic doing so. I admit fault on this.

10-16-2007, 07:42 PM
The part about christianity was using it as an example of people interpreting the same writing (the Bible) differently. Think mormons, baptists, presbyterians, etc. As for making it sound like I was supporting his actions, I never said or implied such, just stating facts. Please don't jump to conclusions after speed reading my reply. Wait, I take it back. That would be jumping to conclusions. I'm not trying to insult anyone. The other reason I posted was to see out of curiosity if those that were being underhanded with the Pm's would attempt to send me one. Fortunately they didn't, hopefully due to lack of interest and short attention spans.

The only part of my post that referred to your quote was:
"Huh? Where did christianity come from? You sure you understand this situation?"

Don't assume I dedicated a post just for you :P

redneckraccoon
10-17-2007, 04:57 AM
Huh? Where did christianity come from? You sure you understand this situation?

People need to stop defending Lalolyen in this matter, he is suffering the consequences of his actions.

These were your qoutes I had responded to. Sorry if I came off a bit rough, but it felt like you were kinda flaming me is all. The first quote made it seem as though you took my example the wrong way (it was after all ONLY an example, not an insult to anyone) and the second quote at the end of your post felt as though you felt I had picked sides. Allow me to state that I was not picking sides. I feel no ill towards you or anyone else. Two side notes, the christianity example was the only one that came to mind at that time and I haven't got a PM as of this post. Must be whoever was responsible was dealt with.

John Adams
10-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Gee i feel left out..I didnt get an email...
Me neither. Should I be offended?

boogerific
10-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Me neither. Should I be offended?

I could forward mine to you so you don't feel left out. ;)

Sakrateri
10-17-2007, 05:26 PM
I could forward mine to you so you don't feel left out.

-------------------:D :D Bwaa Haaaa Haa :D :D---------------------------

Sorry but that just struck me as to damn funny, Irony is a funny little mess.

Ayala
10-19-2007, 01:06 PM
Wow, looks like you all aren't the only ones that receive these things...

Cease.pdf (http://forums.eqemucommunity.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=35)

Would upload it, but the forums aren't enabled for that, so have to go with a direct link. Not much better than the pm's I'd say, was sent through e-mail.

*EDIT* Link didn't like me, so linking to the thread.

WildcardX
10-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Does this drama ever stop lol Obviously that wasnt really from Sony, and I have to admit, I'm still chuckling lol

mattmeck
10-19-2007, 03:33 PM
Eh, speaking from experience, SOE dont send e-mails, they send C&D orders registered mail.

Love how there blaming us for it tho

Ayala
10-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Eh, speaking from experience, SOE dont send e-mails, they send C&D orders registered mail.

Love how there blaming us for it tho
Blaming you? Might I ask who blamed anyone other than the owner of the e-mail address?

drakelord
10-19-2007, 04:04 PM
There is a slight hinting message in the quote,

"Again, don't stress, let those guys keep showing their asses, as I said when we first kicked off the site... Good/Right always prevails."

But other than that, nothing, really.

mattmeck
10-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Blaming you? Might I ask who blamed anyone other than the owner of the e-mail address?

Lalolyen and here is the nice quote.

Again, don't stress, let those guys keep showing their asses, as I said when we first kicked off the site... Good/Right always prevails.

and Yuki ... another quote.

I guess we should have knew they would do something so idiotic, specially after they think we are all the same person. Such silly little kids playing dev team, I almost feel sorry for. Almost. :geek:

Looks to me like placing blame /shrug.

Today was my first time actually readying the site, and its amazing to me the depths they think we are going to.... I wouldnt be surprised for them to prove i was the person on the grassy knoll and I am the force behind aria 51 next!! I got better things to do then go to all that trouble.... Oh and just for the record it was NOT me that banned everyone...

devn00b
10-19-2007, 04:33 PM
I blame...russa....

and china...yes yes...china too...

FYC

boogerific
10-19-2007, 05:04 PM
I say Blame It On The Bossa Nova and let this whole thing die like the proverbial beaten dead horse. :D

Sakrateri
10-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Yes please , let it just die..................hehehe

Sakrateri
10-19-2007, 05:31 PM
You know , I checked out their forums because of this and its fuking amazing to me how a married couple like Layloin? and Breea can have full conversations with each other on those forums with no one else involved and they are suppose to be married? wtf ? has no one told them they can talk in real life face to face? Oh and Wayne County Sherrifs Department?wtf does he think a North Carolina redneck cop is going to do about an email? he would be lucky to find a sherrif there that even knows what the hell an email is, lmao

boogerific
10-19-2007, 10:31 PM
That sort of thing generally needs to be reported to a high-tech crime unit that's usually associated with a local police department. Could be that their area is too rural and falls under the sheriff's jurisdiction instead.

Nice sig there, Sak. lol

Angelox
10-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Oh and just for the record it was NOT me that banned everyone...
So everyone knows, I did the bans, not Matt.

John Adams
10-20-2007, 06:24 AM
In my 7 years of online game forum surfing, the IQ of the average shit-talker has not gone up one point. Shrug.

It's wasted energy to even give them a second thought.

eq4me
10-21-2007, 08:47 AM
Originally I vowed not to feed the troll(and believe me Lalowhateveer is getting his kicks out of this) but this got me really cracked up and is just too good not to post:

He mirrored some locked and temporary deleted threads from this forums on his site. Obviously so that everyone can see the evil and machiavellian ways of the eqemulator staff. But he made a serious mistake:

Some quotes of Lalowhosname from the original thread:

"About SoE, don't worry about them, or leave them to me. You shouldn't have any issues with SoE while I'm around not unless the LS program has ummm... commideered code from SoE which it didn't appear to have."
"My past employment with SoE maybe..."

Well Mister Selfimportant. If you look at your eqemucomedy forums account I see http://www.michael-wells.info/ as your default hompage. Well, problem is that your detailed resume under the "more details button" shows nothing about your SOE employment. In fact the whole resume got me really wondering if he lives in the same reality as other people.

Sakrateri
10-21-2007, 10:50 AM
Well, it does say he was a volunteer guide, lmao, who the hell wasnt?. It makes me scared.

boogerific
10-21-2007, 11:48 AM
I wasn't and I'm proud of it. Some GM observed me helping a noob one time and tried to recruit me but I refused. I didn't want to be part of the "I understand your dilemma but I don't have the power to help" team. lol

RangerDown
10-23-2007, 02:05 PM
Well, it does say he was a volunteer guide, lmao, who the hell wasnt?. It makes me scared.

From what he said in his posts he was supposed to be like the top dog network security guy for SOE.... or.... something......

I wasn't and I'm proud of it. Some GM observed me helping a noob one time and tried to recruit me but I refused. I didn't want to be part of the "I understand your dilemma but I don't have the power to help" team. lol
I should go back and reread some of Tweety's rants for a good laugh.
Wonder if she'll update her rants now that she's no longer community manager for DAoC?

gernblan
10-23-2007, 02:18 PM
Time to pop more popcorn! ;)