PDA

View Full Version : Whoa, what happened? (PEQuest)

Jonathan5
10-21-2007, 06:56 AM
www.projecteq.org Just saw this. The project was ganked from you? :???:

number6
10-21-2007, 08:50 PM
What a shame. The forums had an enormous amount of goodwill and excitement about the project. I don't understand the logic in wiping all of that out, no matter what sort of differences people on the team seem to have had. I was quite excited about the potential of the server. Ah well.

sdabbs65
10-21-2007, 11:22 PM
What a shame. The forums had an enormous amount of goodwill and excitement about the project. I don't understand the logic in wiping all of that out, no matter what sort of differences people on the team seem to have had. I was quite excited about the potential of the server. Ah well.

That the way the code crumbles...
egos kill it everytime.

froglok23
10-22-2007, 10:30 AM
Hey all,

NMo weare far from dead, we just restructured and became more organised, we are now on /server irc.peeringsa.net in the #eqc channel

Cheers,

froglok

TheLieka
10-22-2007, 04:28 PM
Wacky.

Dax

John Adams
10-23-2007, 01:42 AM
We would like to inform you all that PEQuest has been discontinued.

-Tcsmyworld
Karma is a big, fat bitch, ain't she?

suavo
10-23-2007, 04:29 AM
not really john, infact if you could read a few posts up, you will see that that was just a premature statement...

Monkeybomb
10-23-2007, 05:01 AM
So there was some sort of drama and now the project has to "restructure" in order to get it back on track?

People need to learn to just get along.

WildcardX
10-23-2007, 05:25 AM
/grouphugs on

"Error: invalid syntax."

DAMN!!!

sdabbs65
10-23-2007, 05:41 AM
/grouphugs on

"Error: invalid syntax."

DAMN!!!

%touch me
%chmod 000 me
%touch me
touch: cannot touch me: permission denied
% make ' ' bang ' ' with gun
make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target ` '

Sathiran
10-23-2007, 07:55 AM
http://www.eqclassic.org/

Angelox
10-23-2007, 08:22 AM
http://www.eqclassic.org/
You have a loggin server? I always had a soft spot for old stuff, and would play :)

Wizzel
10-23-2007, 11:52 AM
We're not the new project. We are the project. Come visit us at www.eqclassic.org.

John Adams
10-23-2007, 01:14 PM
The new site is very spiffy. I love a clean site... and continue to wish Wizzel well in his (ever)quest.

I have no idea wtf the other business is about, and could care less. Just make it happen, and don't let the boners get ya. ;)

gernblan
10-23-2007, 01:27 PM
Hey if you guys are like Compiz, and those guys are like Beryl, maybe you'll both do cool stuff then merge back later after a big kiss and making up session (which I don't want to videotape, thanks)... with a project far more advanced than it ever could have been until someone shook up things.

Oftentimes, a fork like this just makes everyone realize that communication sucked on account of all parties, and usually a few things happen after this (in order of most common to most rare):

1) BOTH projects die because they are spread too thin.
2) One project survives, the others go cry in a corner (see xXorg vs. X-free86)
3) Both projects do very well standalone (see just about any Linux distro)
4) Both projects do well, realize they are wasting time duplicating effort and then they get humble and merge back together (see Beryl and Compiz).

My examples come from the OSS world. :) Read all about them on da Google. Frankly, what's going on with them, and their histories, is amazing, and QUITE the lesson for people trying to work on shared projects.

The experience of others can teach you what to do and what NOT to do.

Regardless how this turns out (let's cross our fingers that we can cross off #1 at the very least shall we?) GOOD LUCK!

shmashed
10-29-2007, 03:27 PM
Regardless of what happened, I hope things work out. I freely admit I dont know a darn thing about what happened but Ill tell ya....the little shakeup lost a lot of people. Some of which may have been assets.

gernblan
10-30-2007, 01:02 AM
Indeed... #1 of my list two posts back usually is the one that comes true after this happens.

tcsmyworld
10-30-2007, 08:51 PM
http://projecteq.org/ ??????
Looks fine to me.

Karma is a big, fat bitch, ain't she?

It sure is, that's why the crew that split wound up with the old Eros DB and Big Pimp Daddy and his HO's instead of the old-school spawns they thought they took :)

Soulofsin
10-31-2007, 05:01 PM
Good thing the PEQuest team split, it gives TCS more time to work on other things and not have to worry about other people. At least thats my view of it.

Ueguvil
11-01-2007, 03:27 PM
http://projecteq.org/ ??????
Looks fine to me.

It sure is, that's why the crew that split wound up with the old Eros DB and Big Pimp Daddy and his HO's instead of the old-school spawns they thought they took :)

If you really cared about the community getting a classic EQ experience like you always say you do, wouldn't you gladly share that database with the CEQ devs?

boogerific
11-01-2007, 05:12 PM
If you really cared about the community getting a classic EQ experience like you always say you do, wouldn't you gladly share that database with the CEQ devs?

And that's beauty of the right of choice, to share or not to share, or to allow one's self to be swayed by those who question their motives, etc. ;)

Soulofsin
11-02-2007, 01:06 PM

If Tcs gave CEQ the DB, than what would the point be of him using that same DB to make his own server? Exactly, there wouldn't be a point at all.

Ueguvil
11-02-2007, 06:39 PM
If Tcs gave CEQ the DB, than what would the point be of him using that same DB to make his own server? Exactly, there wouldn't be a point at all.

My point though is we've got 2 teams with the same goals, they should be working together instead of against each other. And from what I've seen, neorab has been more than willing to have tcsmyworld on their side, but it seems tcs is far more interested in acting like a baby and belittling CEQ.

He pulled the exact same shit (or tried to at least) with Project EQ not more than 3 months ago.

TheLieka
11-03-2007, 07:45 AM
My point though is we've got 2 teams with the same goals, they should be working together instead of against each other. And from what I've seen, neorab has been more than willing to have tcsmyworld on their side, but it seems tcs is far more interested in acting like a baby and belittling CEQ.

He pulled the exact same shit (or tried to at least) with Project EQ not more than 3 months ago.

This is about to get really ugly.

Dax

Soulofsin
11-03-2007, 10:23 AM

Why would CEQ want TCS on their team if quite obviously stated that he was not a good leader and had no time whatsoever to do the project? This way TCS can work at his own pace and not have to worry about anyone else but the people on the PEQ team ATM. Although the 2 teams may have the same goals, they both have different perceptions about what a good leader and an organized team is.

WildcardX
11-03-2007, 10:36 AM
This way TCS can work at his own pace and not have to worry about anyone else but the people on the PEQ team ATM.

I just want to clarify that TCS is in no way associated with the PEQ Team. Whatever relationship he had with us at PEQ ended the day he decide to take a project that does not belong to him and, regrettably, we at PEQ had to make the decision to severe his relationship with us for the good of our work..

Whatever it is he is doing these days, he is not doing any work with or for PEQ.

mattmeck
11-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Locking this thread for the following reasons.

1: Its now a bash fest
2: While it effects EQEmu because there side projects it has nothing to do with this forums or this community.
3: Nothing else good can come from this discussion, the reasons were given, no point in making the hard feelings any worse.