PDA

View Full Version : Eq Anniversary Edition

shadowdeamon01
11-03-2007, 11:50 AM
with the release of the new Everquest Anniversary Edition only 10 days away, ive been wondering, is there any chance of the emulator switching from titanium to the newer edition? and if so has anyone done any work to prepare for the release?

mattmeck
11-03-2007, 12:07 PM
Everquest Anniversary Edition has been out for months, and there has been some work done, details already posted.

bowmaster
11-04-2007, 07:14 AM
I think he means the new new one

The one with the expansion in , hmm SoF ,

has 14 expansionbs on it suportd upto level 80

TheLieka
11-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Wow... haha.

Soulofsin
11-05-2007, 03:49 AM
SoF ought to be fun.... toying with gnomes, tying them to trees, punting them, roasting them. You name it a gnome is perfect for the meal or game.

Sirhottie
11-15-2007, 10:15 AM
Would you guys say this is more fun than regular Everquest?
I understand about being able to get lots of stuff without too much effort.. but doesnt that get boring.. i like to group and associate with people as well as fight.. but.. it seems that you guys have hundreds of servers with no more than about 50 peeps on each.. would it not be better for the game if u merged it or make there be a requirement or something to be able to make a server instead of every schmuck that comes along being able to make one??

321 dot
11-15-2007, 11:20 AM
sort of defeats the purpose of allowing regular dick and janes from making a server and playing. I got away from regular EQ since it was relentless infighting between guild members and nothing but raid, hurry up and wait.

:smile:

but yeah I imagine as things go along more people will flock to a non pay server...as the SOE eq subscription base declines also due to newer games coming out more people look to this type of solution as well as working on things that you missed the first time around.

jimbabwe
11-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Plus the population isn't spread evenly throughout... they generally collect at the better servers. Then the lesser ones usually die out and go away. Then new ones come to replace them. It's the circle of life!

Angelox
11-15-2007, 01:59 PM
Would you guys say this is more fun than regular Everquest?
I understand about being able to get lots of stuff without too much effort.. but doesnt that get boring.. i like to group and associate with people as well as fight.. but.. it seems that you guys have hundreds of servers with no more than about 50 peeps on each.. would it not be better for the game if u merged it or make there be a requirement or something to be able to make a server instead of every schmuck that comes along being able to make one??
I'm an "EQ vet' - , played EQ since it started, and played all the time tell about a year ago. I've since been working with the project here.
I really spent way too much time playing Everquest - I was one to stay awake for days, camping an item (<dumbass!).
EQEmu is still in Alpha/Beta stages, but growing fast - there are some people like me, who are putting in everything they know of EQ live, to the database and source. This is my new "game"; make Eqemu as much alike Eq Live as possible.
I know lots of things need fixing: Drops too common, plat is so common it has no value! All this with get fixed with time - just takes a while.
The game as-is, is very playable, and this to me alone is incredible.

John Adams
11-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Ax is right, while it's not a complete EQ-Live experience, it's hella fun because it's almost more personal. Especially if you run your own server just to screw around. Plus, the customizations some people do to their servers takes the old familiar surroundings and adds new and unique surprises. That alone is why Emulators kick ass.