PDA

View Full Version : Night and Day on Dynamic Zones too!

Angelox
11-10-2007, 06:27 AM
You all want to see night and day synchronized across all the zones, dynamic or static?
http://www.nahunta.org/~angelox/ipfix/
I have no static zones mounted, and you can watch the time change across the zones, night spawns appear too.

TheLieka
11-10-2007, 07:49 AM
Icky, you split from the login server?

Angelox
11-10-2007, 10:34 AM
That's just for testing - but I have it set up on the Legacy of the Rathe server - you can see it there too.

TheLieka
11-10-2007, 11:24 AM
aah, gotcha.

Dax

Angelox
11-11-2007, 09:29 AM
The day/night is now enabled on the PEQ server, all working smoothly. What's really nice about this is, you can now play at home, by your self, with a few dynamic zones, and have day and night running. also have the kithicor and lakerathe witching time running.

gernblan
11-11-2007, 09:55 AM
That's awesome!

Would love to have day/night for those zones on my server.

It's definitely something I miss from the old days.

Grats on making it happen!

cavedude
11-11-2007, 10:57 AM
I hope to be making a PEQ release tonight, both zones will be in that.

gernblan
11-11-2007, 12:37 PM
Good stuff.

The both of you working together is certainly amazing to watch.

Other dev teams could certainly learn from your example of how you have injected life into the PEQ project, namely by including, not excluding potential talent and making it dead easy for people to get involved.

You have my congratulations and respect.

Theeper
11-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Awesome work Angelox, can't wait to try it out.

Foins
11-12-2007, 10:07 AM
When might this be in the binaries?

cavedude
11-12-2007, 11:22 AM
It's not built into the code, rather the db. You can get it from here:

http://eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23534

Knightly
12-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Did I misread something on this one? I went ahead and implemented the scripts at the link that cavedude posted (Angelox's day/night trick). It works to get day and night spawns, but it appears to be relative to when the script was run rather than the time in the zone.

In the first post, I see that Angelox says that day/night is sync'd across all zones, but any time I bring up a dynamic zone it starts at 8:00am. Is this a separate modification?

Angelox
12-26-2007, 11:38 PM
It should need a script for every zone you want time syncs. I did notice that once I had a few static zones syncing time, dynamic zones would usually load with the proper time, no script needed. In your quest pack "/quest/templates/" I pinned the script on "Nexus Scion", and the "Priest of Discord" , so any zone that has a scion or PoD, will sync time. If you do have a zone that you want to have time set, just pin the script on any one of the "permanent" npcs there.