PDA

View Full Version : Sabbs65 thread fork :)

sdabbs65
11-13-2007, 02:03 AM
I don't know if you ever used cronw before but it runs your bat file every hour on the hour prefectly for windows.
I just modified the day to run at 30 mins and the night to run every 59 mins.
so it's makes it day and night every 30 mins.
I have about 9 differnt ones setup that I made for tradewars2000 cleanup.
years ago when I used to run a BBS... whatever that is...
im sure *nix cron will do the same but i never used it.

Angelox
11-13-2007, 04:24 AM
Had to move that post 'caus i didn't want to de-rail Cavedudes thread, and I wanted to answer!
You pressed a button there with the tradewars and the BBS, I still got my old PCBoard BBS and can run it under DOSBox, just haven't figured out how to get the modem emulator running (DosBox). If I ever do, it will be up again - I think DosBox is the answer to all the dos programs.
Tradewars, Falcons Eye, Spider Gates, Lore, and a whole pile more. I loved those days!
I had all kinds of things running off timers from within the PCBoard and when windows 3x started, I used to run stuff from timer utilities there.
My first network had 5 PC's ; only one hard disk, they booted with floppys into DOS and a Novel Lite network (all pc's shared the same hard disk) That was how my BBS nodes ran.
I paid Clark $550.00 for a 10 node bbs program, stayed with them tell they went belly up with the internet invasion, I have the last beta that we used when they stopped, and also the web bbs they were working on.

sdabbs65
11-13-2007, 07:10 AM
Thanks I was like what the hell..
anyways your right this might get longwinded if you starttalking about bbsing.
Lol... I used to run Major bbs and before that wwiv.
nowdays I been using sycronet for it's doors but not much else.
still like tradewars now and then.
I had about 7k invested in it before I sold it. and about 200 modems in my moms basement the phone company came out and installed a new box just for me becaue I had used up all the ports for the whole subdivision.
The BBS world is not DEAD!!! shakes head... it's just not done with modems anymore.
my ex the time made me sell it because it had a lot of females on it and I was all the time getting dates off it back in the day.
<long story behind that> anyways.....

This is who you get to the secret world of bbsing nowdays and it still has a huge crowd that follows it..

go to a dos box or start run for you windows people and type.

telnet spacetrader.no-ip.info

http://sysopscorner.thebbs.org/getlinks.php?category=bbspages