PDA

View Full Version : Mounts and pets

sklead
12-23-2007, 02:33 AM
I searched the forums here and didn't find anything specifically answering this question I have. I assume that it's already been thought of and/or done by now, but I can't find it (or lack the mental capacity to do so), so here it goes:

Is it possible to create your own mounts and pets in emu and if possible, then how?

i.e. Replace a mage's air pet with a bat or some other mob
or
Replace a drogmor or horse with a dragon for a mount or something.

Just wondering, was a little idea I had.

Cripp
12-23-2007, 05:49 AM
you can switch pets but not mounts.. pets are npcs ID 500-638 or somethin like that..

sklead
12-23-2007, 11:10 AM
I was looking more like making a high level mage being able to summon a golem (like the ones from Relic or ones similar to those) instead of a water pet or something. Would it be possible to just replace the pet ID with that of the mob I want to replace it with?

Angelox
12-23-2007, 12:11 PM
I've toyed with that before - you only need change characteristics to whatever pet you want (example: race, class, bodytype, appearance).

Cripp
12-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Would it be possible to just replace the pet ID with that of the mob I want to replace it with?

if you look at the Pets table, it has the pet name, next to the NPC ID it loads.
just change the npcid to whatever u want it the pet to be summoned as.

mattmeck
12-24-2007, 04:09 PM
also keep in mind it has to be a model thats in the zone the person will be summoning in, mage pets and PC, and a few other models are global.

GMRaven
01-01-2008, 12:25 PM
also keep in mind it has to be a model thats in the zone the person will be summoning in, mage pets and PC, and a few other models are global.
Once made an SK pet become a gnome slave with thier highest pet spell.

Looked great, SK with his little gimp. hehehe also thought about gargoyls for necros at 70+ and such...who said they always summon skeletons?

Be careful when altering stats however as it can change game dynamic dramatically, I tend just to change the model #npcedit race <insert #> (remember the race MUST be global).