PDA

View Full Version : rare spawn cycles in PEQ db same as Live?

blackjack1
01-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Back in the day I specialized in rares.

I kill the acient cyclops in SRO about 35 times and Lodizil about 20 ish times.

What I noticed in S.RO on the emulator is the AC only spawns in one place. Could have sworn we smaked him down just when he was spawing (using showeq) in many more places in the zone.

also the pathing seems far shorter.

Also Lodozil seems to spawn much more frequently on the emu that live. We usually had to wait about 10 hours.

Just wondering how true to live these spawns are. I am asking this because I allways wanted to know how EXACTLY these spawns worked. Hoping that studying the database would answer some questions things that allways wondered about..

Thanks

Angelox
01-10-2008, 11:18 PM
In a nutshell;
The base of the EqEmu database is made by players on live with "packet collectors", this data is then converted for use on EqEmu. If AC spawned in SRO and someone happened to be playing there and collecting packets, then it would turn up in the packets/database. But since farmers like you would race to be the first kill it so they could MQ the ring, the info on how it paths never got recorded :). I'm surprised it even got recorded at all because it is a very rare spawn. After the zone is "packet spawned" in EqEmu, What's needed next is for people like you (X-Farmers, Campers) to detail those rare spawns and their drops, and is why I was able to add so much to the zones i fixed. If you camped one NPC for any length of time, then you already know more about him (and everything that spawned around him), than what's in the database (unless someone already fixed him). I was just thinking about fixing the AC a few days ago, but since I never really camped or even saw him, I'll rely on research off the internet (this works too).
Lodizal in Iceclad is a much more common spawn, since he always spawns regardless how long it takes, so they probably got him right, but increased his spawn rate, because no one in EqEmu wants to wait 10 hours for a spawn/drop.

Back in the day I specialized in rares.

I kill the acient cyclops in SRO about 35 times and Lodizil about 20 ish times.

What I noticed in S.RO on the emulator is the AC only spawns in one place. Could have sworn we smaked him down just when he was spawing (using showeq) in many more places in the zone.

also the pathing seems far shorter.

Also Lodozil seems to spawn much more frequently on the emu that live. We usually had to wait about 10 hours.

Just wondering how true to live these spawns are. I am asking this because I allways wanted to know how EXACTLY these spawns worked. Hoping that studying the database would answer some questions things that allways wondered about..

Thanks

blackjack1
01-11-2008, 05:54 AM
Very interesting idead. Well of the 30 something times I killed him I never could figuer it out. He seems to spawn in an empty zone (without players), and in the zone when we were cleaning everthing north of the grass.

Seen him pop in the North East corner. The Center, and around the merchants (many times there).

I used ShowEQ twards the middle of my camping history so he did not wander too far from his spawnpoint : .

I read a bazilllion posts about times of night, killing the spawn in the tower at a certain time. Which seem wrong.

Here is a VERY odd story. Right before the AC would spawn, a certain druid Sunray or sunbeam or something like that used to pop in the zone just about 10 minutes before and KS it from us at the time. That person later got banned I believe. Anyways I thought maybe they had it timed right? or possibly the spawn was related to another zone??????? For exampe the AC in OOT.

It did feel a bit like a 10 hour cycle. But then there was a randomness to it also.

Beyond not having the pathing I noticed that the mobs do not fight each other in Sout Ro. The madmen and the mummies I think used to fight?? This added the complexity that possible placeholders might have been removed. Also the merchants would attack the AC which is not happening.

I feel the PEQ spawntable is on the right track. kill Hussain, kill some rares, but not sure. Have you modified your database AC spawn? would like to see it / use it if so.

Would give a nut to know how this worked I think this is one of the coolest aspects of being able to create EQ.

what do you think about its placeholders ?

Angelox
01-11-2008, 01:44 PM
I'm starting to remember the AC story; Before AC, it was the Najina camp - that's where I got my JBoots- this was a big thing because at the time, there were no AA for runspeed , so you either had JBoots or you walked. A caster with Jboots was lethal. The camp for JBoots in Najina became so bad, you had to take a turn, wait for up to two days (no sleep), in order to get into the room/group and get them. Najina was always full of players waiting for their turn, spamming the zone, and interfering with anyone who wanted to play there, not to mention the fighting and bickering that occasionally broke out over the boots, and bought in the GMs.
So, one patch day, Jboots were removed from Drelznas drops and an Ancient Cyclops was started in OOT only, which dropped a ring that was needed for the quest - this is where I camped a few times with friends, so they could get their JBoots. The now SOE owned EQ figured, if they made it a quest, it would curb camping, but all they did was move the whole ordeal to OOT, because now they were camping the ring there all the time, and it was even worse than Najina, very easy to KS. So the last thing they did was create the AC spawn in various zones, extremely rare and random - and I really believe that one zone placeholder would lift a flag for him to spawn in another zone. Right after this last method was introduced, Runspeed AA's was started, so the need for Jboots was greatly reduced. Plat became a common thing, you could buy Sow potions and use them tell you could get the needed AA's for runspeed. All the newer expansions coming out offered items that made things like JBoots look like garbage, and the new items very easy to get.
I sort of like the Najina camp for Jboots - it's not a bad camp on EqEmu, even on the busiest server since there is little interest in it, but will make the AC inter-zone spawn too, one of these days.

wraithlord98
01-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Just FYI - they put the Ancient Cyclops in both the S Ro and OOT zones at the same time, to prevent players from essentially occupying the entire zone in groups (for the same reasons it was moved from Najena in the first place).

rojadruid
01-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Just FYI - they put the Ancient Cyclops in both the S Ro and OOT zones at the same time, to prevent players from essentially occupying the entire zone in groups (for the same reasons it was moved from Najena in the first place).

Okay two of the three zones that you can find the AC in are correct there is one other zone he can be found in and that is South Karana.

It went from most rare being in SK to least rare being OOT with Sro in the middle.

In Sro he is on the same spawn table as the named giant terantula<sp> and if memory serves should only have a 1% chance to spawn.

Angelox
01-11-2008, 05:45 PM
He spawns in four zones;
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=3452

blackjack1
01-12-2008, 04:39 AM
He spawns in four zones;
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=3452

i have a couple old posts in the comments in that link. one under acientcyclops, another somewhere posted 2001. The other week when i was sick even did many searches using waybackmachine.. which brought up lots of posts from dead blogs from old server forums.

seems nobody ever revealed the true spawn cycle. the best one I found mentioned hussain,terrantula, a named jackle, and mummie cycle.

there is no way for packet collector to extrapolate relationships between spawns I would assume, also would think would have to run a statistical program in order analyise the results? no? I had a friend working in SOE as intern managing DB work for EQ product even he could not get at the spawn info. I used to read the logs of ShowEQ and it told me nothing. Maybe I am not that good at puzzels but never found the formula. As you mentioned things allways happend way way way to fast to get a handle on what was going on. If there was an empty S. Ro on a server somewhere would make an account just to watch the spawn for fun.

Its a little obsession I have just kind of like who shot JFK after spending so many months on it back in the day.

AC 30+ times, Lodizil 20+, Pizjin 7 times, Hadden 10+, Bildge 4+ (never dropped totem - now thats an ultra rare spawn), Unicorn S.Karana 1, and a bunch of lucky rolls.

Davood
01-16-2008, 03:29 PM
the spawn mechanic is the same as quillemaine

the npc that can spawn him changes after each spawn, and you need to spawn him once, and let the zone full pop, then kill him, and watch the npc that pops again 96 seconds later, basically you could chain pop the AC if you were able to have the zone to yourself, same with quillemaine, I farmed 35 cloaks from quillemaine one afternoon on live ( I was cycling toons out fast haha )

I can provide more details if you want but that's the gist of it and why it was so "rare" and hard to "camp" but if you had MQ running and knew what you were doing you could / can chain it

Angelox
01-17-2008, 02:39 AM
If you have info on this ph and how it works, please post, I'd also be interested in any new info you have on Quillmane and what ever else you camped. I will eventually get to what you posted and have the spawns mimic that.

I re-did spawns like Quilmane and Bilge, you can edit the scripts/spawns and make them real rare or as common as you want. I think If you had a Classic server with original zones only, then these legendary spawns need to be rare. I tried to follow with what I read on the net on these spawns, so it would act like on live. But I could possibly make the spawn so random and rare, even I wouldn't know where he spawned, and would not be able to figure it out.

the npc that can spawn him changes after each spawn, and you need to spawn him once, and let the zone full pop, then kill him, and watch the npc that pops again 96 seconds later, basically you could chain pop the AC if you were able to have the zone to yourself, same with quillemaine, I farmed 35 cloaks from quillemaine one afternoon on live ( I was cycling toons out fast haha )

I can provide more details if you want but that's the gist of it and why it was so "rare" and hard to "camp" but if you had MQ running and knew what you were doing you could / can chain it

blackjack1
01-17-2008, 05:46 AM

the npc that can spawn him changes after each spawn, and you need to spawn him once, and let the zone full pop, then kill him, and watch the npc that pops again 96 seconds later, basically you could chain pop the AC if you were able to have the zone to yourself

So there is no fixed point it could be anywhere in the zone? just the mob that pops 96 secconds from his last death? By that theary you could spawn 37 Acient Cyclopses per hour? How did you come up with this conclusion?

We used to kill everything on the sand I mean everything, i would think that the 96 seccond spawn would have been killed and we would have seen him by this theary. Please explain this is very interesting.

Davood
01-19-2008, 03:13 AM
ok ill explain in detail the quillemain spawn schemata right here :

imagine horizontal lines on the map from just 3 feet south of the gnoll spires and just under the bottom of the aviak village.

scattered randomly between those two lines are about 100-150 different spawn points for quillemain and quillemain phs.

Each time one dies, another spawn point is randomly selected (76?)96 seconds later, and will either spawn quillemaine, or a ph. The only way to prove this is to catch the ph, and be the only one in the zone, kill it, and kill the npc that repops elsewhere.

another way is to stand just south of the spires and kill npcs as they walk by, and set a timer for about 80 seconds and see what npcs spawn around that time window, kill those and see if any are a scattered repeating spawn, if so you found the ph cycle, if not try again.

To prove this on test you NEED macroquest, you use mapfilter custom, and just kill the npc that appears every 80ish seconds. Once I figured this out it was hilarious.

The same thing works for the AC, and i'm sure there are some other intersting spawn mechanics too somewhere else in game.

"Clearing the entire zone" over and over isnt' going to make it pop because each time you "Clear the entire zone" you are only killing the ph once

Davood
01-19-2008, 03:18 AM
paraphrased :

gnoll spires
------------

***100-150 possible spawn points***

---------------------------------------------
southern part of aviak village

everytime ph dies it picks ONE of those spawn points, and spawns, and then heads east or west randomly, then it heads north or south randomly, and begins to circle the entire zone, with a stop over at the south part of the gnoll spires, almost in a heart shaped pathing

So clearing the entire zone over and over is too much work.