PDA

View Full Version : solo-ing on PEQ db interesting challenge

blackjack1
01-12-2008, 03:25 PM
interesting challenge to level without groups, with twinkage, without a pure solo class, without a player economy.

I have been messing about with a Shadow Knight level 7 at the moment. Realized that he will probably have a rusty weapon until 30. This is a scary thought.

Just wondering can it be done really. I mean most decent loot is in dungeons, and that takes groups mostly.

I never saw any decent weapons quests, possibly the only way to get a decent weapon is by blacksmithing?

I leveled many toons on live but now wondering can it be done on a stand alone private server. especially with a hybrid tank. Also we don't have fear, so no kiting. hit a mob and it un-stuns which breaks the substitute stun for fear.

what say ye.

a_troll_01
01-13-2008, 09:17 AM
Choose a server that supports Bots

blackjack1
01-14-2008, 05:56 AM
i did not find the #bot command even working on my server. Do I need to enable that in my database?

mattmeck
01-14-2008, 10:23 AM
search the forums for "bots" you will need to add some sweet custom coding into your server to get them.

flugel
01-18-2008, 04:42 AM
keep in mind that by using a bot you're not soloing.

one thing I hated about DAOC, people always talked about how such and such class rocked at soloing...then you find out they've got a pocket healer.

On Live, I soloed a necromancer from 1 to 50 in the very early days of EQ with less than optimal gear. Tailored cloth, just a few tradeskilled items, and what little was available in good quest gear for necros (BEFORE Temple of Sol Ro).

On legit servers, probably a lot harder, considering that most loot tables are inconsistent and almost no quests work. And I don't think monks have old time mitigation where they could solo effectively naked either.

bowmaster
01-18-2008, 06:37 AM
think they have :)

monks rock at solojng naked :0