PDA

View Full Version : Dumb newbie

ouchyfish
01-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Ok, Im trying really hard here to figure things out on my own but you folks do not make it easy. All I want to do is connect to one of your wonderful servers and play. The links on the main page will not work. You also do not sticky ANY posts pointing people in the right direction.

Help please???

Thanks!

p.S.
I have retail titanium.

moydock
01-14-2008, 03:36 PM
You people!? YOU PEOPLE!?!?!?
no, here:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=GetTit

mattmeck
01-14-2008, 04:01 PM
US People cant help those that cant elp themselves, and do you really think Insults will help?

The site has been tested by 6-7 year olds and they were able to find and follow the directions... Donno what your issue is.

ouchyfish
01-14-2008, 05:24 PM
Can you tell me where the insult is in my post or are you just self conscious and paranoid?

I stand by my original claim, regardless of your attempt to insult me, you folks do not make it very easy to just walk in and play. Maybe it's that way by design. /shrug

At any rate, I never intended for my post to come across as an insult. I was just looking for help and am thankful for the help the other poster offered. It's a shame there isn't a link on the main page as helpful as the one he listed.

Cheers.

happygreenelf
01-14-2008, 07:55 PM
there is a quick link on the mainpage its http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/faq.php?faq=eqemuplayfaq#faq_playguide
says its the play guide

Angelox
01-14-2008, 11:40 PM
Can you tell me where the insult is in my post or are you just self conscious and paranoid?
I stand by my original claim, regardless of your attempt to insult me, you folks do not make it very easy to just walk in and play. Maybe it's that way by design. /shrug
At any rate, I never intended for my post to come across as an insult. I was just looking for help and am thankful for the help the other poster offered. It's a shame there isn't a link on the main page as helpful as the one he listed.
Cheers.

This is not open for discussion. Although you may not have intended to insult anyone, you did, and still are- so don't expect any good to come out of it.
Your join date is 2005, so you should be more than a newbie?
Anyway, a simple "search" would have brought you your needed answers- EqEmu is still in beta, and there are still many questions to ask, many problems to tackle, please focus on new ones (not ones that already have been posted many times over).
It's easy to sit in the audience and throw pop-corn, harder to get involved, and help out/suggest fixes to things needing fixes. Would have been better to bring any needed broken links to the admins/mods attention.

I'll shut this thread down, and hope this will be over (stuff like this will only get you banned).