PDA

View Full Version : Static level 50 only PVP Server - would you play?

blackjack1
01-16-2008, 05:52 AM
What if all people that logged in new or old were locked as level 50. This would be an interesting experiment. No more leveling, no more level racing, and no more people 10 levels higher farming lower players. So instead it would be a race for gear, alliances, control and such.

Seems levels throw off the whole PVP thing. I am not sure what the point would be after you get the best gear possible. Mabye a Guild Wars Type Server, controlling zones maybe even locking out other guilds from certain zones completely by spawing lots and lots of guards that are high level.

If anyone is interested in such a project they can work on my DEFENDER SERVER.

Can someone also tell me how I can level lock any account and all accounts at 50? Want to see how it goes over. thanks

Striat
01-16-2008, 11:39 AM
I do not think it would last. No matter how much someone likes pvp, it would get old, and I feel initial interest may come to a halt. Also, with clear differences in gear, high level players/boxers would likely spend a large amount of time mopping up with new players. Even at the same level, there would obviously be a significant difference.

That said, there are not many if any decent custom servers available. Therefore, with coherent, well-thought content almost anything would have potential of success. My personal opinion is that a combination of PvE and PvP with loads of custom content and features to present a player a new take on pvp is the way to go. A few other servers have attempted this and even offered more than what a player would expect. However, none are around today.

Also, on the zone control and exclusive rights aspect, it isn't difficult to code a little something to make it more flexible for players. Even within the current framework, there are much better ways to control who can enter a zone without the use of guards. I think any use of guards in that situation would have to involve a role-playing/pvp quality aspect.

blackjack1
01-17-2008, 05:58 AM
Good points, in the end you have to have a player base that wants to play by the rules, or theme of server. Pretty tough with MMORGs.

A few other servers have attempted this and even offered more than what a player would expect. This would be Guild Wars server correct?

I was reading about a large GM event seemed to have good potential would be allot of work. But somehow I think the players affected the outcome of this NPC war. It might be a good solution for low populated servers such as EMU servers. You log in and there is tons going on between the NPCs you can try to sway events by questing or fighting.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/gallery/war.html

During the summer of 2005, war raged across Norrath.
Although Faydwer and some other outlying areas were affected,
most of the combat was centered in Antonica as the trolls fought to reclaim their home city, Grobb.

Yeormom
02-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Maybe you start at 50 and can work your way up to 60 with a very tight level range or maybe 1 or 2. Need to have the accomplishment that prevents someone from zerging various class/races