PDA

View Full Version : First Post

CombatMedic91W
01-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Hello everyone, i have been watching the forums for the last couple days now and I have to tell you I am soo excited about what you guys are doing. Its been so long since I've played everquest (played up to some slight Planes of Power), then I joined the army and got away from it for awhile and started playing WOW, and eventually WOW on a private server (Family guy rocks). But I always wondered if a everquest private server existed so I was soo totally pumped to find out that not only do they but you can make your OWN servers!!! So I fully intend to be joining all of you in the near future, I haven't picked a server yet but KMRA sounds pretty good. I do have some questions though, since the servers require EQ Titanium to run and CD keys arent an issue, are there torrents of the CDs or DVDs so I can avoid the expense, also I have Power ISO so if someone could convert the data into that form I could run it as well. With my experience with WOW private servers I have learned that there were some classes that just didnt transition well to the emulated servers and I was wondering if Everquest was the same, from forums I have read SKs and Druids are complained about alot (I always check the bug reports forum) I was just wondering if there were any other classes to add to that list AND if there were any servers that have made those two classes function properly because they happen to be my favorites (other than the ranger). AND (sorry so many questions) do tradeskills work properly on the private servers? Im sure I will have more inquirys to post but the first thing I have to do is get installed and into it. Thank you all very much who read my ranting and I look forward to playing with you!

kc7wzl
01-19-2008, 01:38 AM
ok I will state this befor any one ealse so I can try to be nice becouse others may not be...

dont ask for warez or iso's and any of the sort.. it is a quick way to a ban.

basical if you dont have a RL buddy to help you.. and you cant aford $20 USD for a copy of titanum or anniversy ed. you will have to save up.. sorry if I sound harsh but I am realy being nice as of compaired to other that may resond

to give a hint ther is way to find stuff in .torrent with out asking there is a ton of search eng. out there.. heck my torrent client I use has one build in

good luck and hope to see you playing.. just a note for you dont ask for downloads.

So_1337
01-19-2008, 05:39 AM
Right. That's the only way that the EQEmu project avoids litigation is by not distributing any actual Sony files. The less said about them around here, the better.

As for the rest, there are some classes that don't do as well on EQEmu. I've personally found Enchanters to be fairly weak, since their charms don't always work as they would on Live. Also, some classes have more broken AAs than others. I know that mages do pretty well, but they have a significant amount of AAs for their pets that aren't functional currently. I play a SK, and actually find them to be pretty well off. There's a few hiccups here and there, but at least Improved Harm Touch doesn't target me automatically when I cast it anymore :)

Tradeskills are a different issue, as those depend upon which database you use. If you join a server that's using the PEQ (ProjectEQ) database, the majority of tradeskills that they have working are up through Planes of Power and Ykesha with a few exceptions. Quests are the same deal, as some servers have their own databases and some will use PEQ's quests. Any quests that work have been written by someone, which is what makes this project interesting to me. Not only can you play and have fun, but you can enjoy quest writing and contributing to the project, even with minimal talent (like mine!).

trevius
01-22-2008, 11:31 AM
kc7wzl, don't even give hints! They either buy it, or figure it out themselves.

Revilor
01-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Nice usage of file extensions kc7wzl.