PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Version?! BAH~

Razor487
06-17-2002, 11:34 PM
Ok, i followed the readme down to the letter....i read the FAQ about 50 billion times. When i try using the mini-login i get a message after entering "eqemu" as my name and password. it says i have the incorrect version and i need to re-patch......how can i have the incorrect version when im connecting to my own little mini server?

Random Stuff:
I am running Windows 98SE.

-What MiniLogin.exe says:
LoginServer.ini read.
Server mode: Standalone
Login server listening on port:5999

-What World.exe says:
LoginServer.ini read.
Using database 'eq' at localhost
Loading zone names & items...done.
Loading guild ranks...done.
World server listening on: port 9000
Connected to Loginserver: localhost:5999

-What Boot5zones.win9x.bat says:
Using database 'eq' at localhost
Loading zone names, items & NPCs...done.
Spells loaded from 'spdat.eff'.
Loading guild ranks...done.
Loading faction data...done.
Connected to worldserver: 127.0.0.1:9000
Entering sleep mode

(this message is repeated 5 times, with 7995 thru 7999 as the names of each comman window)

Note: this was after i tried replacing the IP addresses with "localhost" like it said to do in the boot5zones command window.

ARGH, i just wanna get on, play around, make myself uber and kill Kerafyrm a few times! lol why cant i even connect to my own server?

I have the most recent patch for EverQuest and also the most recent versions of the emu and eqw.....

Baron Sprite
06-17-2002, 11:58 PM
if you patched 6/5 > then you need to wait for new emu version :mad:

Skifreak107
06-18-2002, 03:04 AM
Any ETA on The new version? I used EMU before but recently reformatted and it doesnt work until 3.4 comes out, cant wait to raid dragons solo again =)

-Ski

Skifreak107
06-18-2002, 03:05 AM
On a side note: Hey razor I live in massachusetts too :P Near framingham. Interestin eh?

-Ski

Razor487
06-18-2002, 08:07 AM
Heh, its a small world isnt it? I live up in Lowell.