PDA

View Full Version : Love the server !

eqdooder
02-06-2008, 07:36 PM
I played eq on Vallon Zek from the time it opened til I got to level 65. I got sick of the game taking so much time. It eventually turned into a complete experience and loot hungry game. Everyone was so obsessed with their gear, fighting over it. Who gets epics. It was a gross feeling. It was a team pvp server, I was a dark elf, so it completely sucked not having bards for bigger raids. I quit the game about 4 years ago after playing for 4 years. Then I heard about this server from a friend.

3 other friends and I just started playing and we are really enjoying it. I enjoyed the game the most when it first came out and item loot was part of the game. I like the XP fixed so i don't feel like I have to play all day to get 1 level. Its at a nice pace so I dont get bored. It goes fast so I feel like I can level another character if I want too.

I like item loot. You have to consider what to risk losing in order to pvp better. It makes loot not so damn important. If you lose a piece big deal imo. I like not being so attached to loot. Takes the fun out of it imo. I like getting and losing loot. Naked casters suck, but they get owned by groups. Wish we could tweek naked casters lol. Make them out of mana for a hour if they die naked. Plus you level so fast its easier to get up to 50 to get the loot you want.

I like how the game is played with item loot. If you take out item loot then the game turns into a twink fest. Who can twink the best and play the most and get the most gear, play the most get the most gear blah blah blah... I like everyone starting the same. You can give a new character some gear but your not going to get him suited up with awesome gear because you don't want to lose it when your level 5 to a level 12.

Im having a blast. Keep up the good work! Playing for free rocks!

Cheers,

Eqdooder

Mrwalsh
02-06-2008, 11:53 PM
Well, at the very least I'll commend you on your ability to use punctuation and capitalization (even if you did ramble a bit). Glad to have you here, I suppose.

Now you can help pay us back by learning Perl (it's easy) and making quests, or contributing in some other way, even if it's bug reports.

We've been here for years now, but don't forget to do your part!

TheLieka
02-07-2008, 06:48 AM
I'm glad that you are enjoying the server Eqdooder. The Vallon Zek/Tallon Zek server's forums are http://forums.pwnedemu.com, so if you want to talk about the specifics of our server, you'll probably have a more receptive audience on our forums.

I think what MrWalsh was trying to say is, welcome to the community, we're always happy to see new faces and have new people join. Enjoy your stay.

Dax