PDA

View Full Version : Pathing???

Fry
06-19-2002, 07:22 AM
I am quite new to the EMU, but so far it is amazing...

I hope this hasn't been asked in a thread that I haven't found...

I currently run version 0.3.2 (Cauchemar) with the 3.3 database, and MSH-db v.1 update, and use the Minilogin for off-work stress relief, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the spawns to move...

Is there a special trick to get these creatures to move about?
If so, is the fix something that will make me feel dumber than I already do?

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Trumpcard
06-19-2002, 07:23 AM
Pathing is not implemented..

You could always put some code in to randomly move them about, but it wouldnt be too elegant of a solution.

Fry
06-19-2002, 07:51 AM
Thank you for the information... that is definitely a relief.

I had almost signed myself off as a bonafied retard =p

Trumpcard
06-19-2002, 07:54 AM
LOL..

Just hasnt been worked on. The project is still fairly young. Pathing is a tough beast to tackle, Verant doesnt even have it right yet..

rubydefiance
06-19-2002, 03:27 PM
Pathing is actually very simple. I have a pathing scheme that would work 100 fold better than EQLive, especially places like Mistmoore and Karnors. Only problem is it would be time consuming to set up, and the memory and processor overhead might be intense (could be fine, but it's one of those things you have to do and just test before you know). I had heard the dev team had mob motion in the works for the next release, but if that's not the case, maybe I might actually implement it in a small zone and see how it works out. From a logistics perspective, it's actually quite simple.

Lon