PDA

View Full Version : I have an old backup - still get "wrong version"

emulicious
06-19-2002, 03:21 PM
I made a back up before the 6/5 patch and all of my main Everquest files (eqgame, eqmain, eqgfx, etc) are dated before 6/5. I haven't touched eqemu in a while but I had it running a month or so ago using Minilogin.

Anyway, I renamed my Live EverQuest folder that is patched to current to c:\program files\everquest LIVE.

I then renamed my backup folder (which has all the pre-June 5 files) to c:\program files\everquest.

I have reinstalled eqemu, eqadmin, etc. I resourced my db and all that jazz. I followed all the readme.txt instructions (several times). When I open Minilogin.exe, world.exe, and boot5zones.win9x they all work fine (like I remember them).

But, when I try to login using eqw, I STILL get the incorrect version, you need to patch message. Since everything else seems to work (including my eqhost.txt) I assume that somehow my backup version with files dated before 6/5 isn't working. Or, that eqw is still pointing to my LIVE everquest folder even though I renamed it.

Is it enough that I simply rename my LIVE eq folder to something else and change my old, backup folder of everquest to c:\program files\everquest? Or, do I have to do something else to get eqw to use my backup folder instead of my LIVE folder?

Thanks for any help