PDA

View Full Version : help please

nikl
06-20-2002, 07:59 AM
hi, i just read about that emu and how it can play everquest for free. how lang have i been waiting for that? i bought everquest like a jear ago and never played it. so i got that eqw.zip and the other files (eqemulogin-v1.02.zip and eqemu-0.3.3.1-win32.zip) but it seems that for playing i only need eqw.zip and the others are there to make a own server right? well i created an account on your page and tried to run eqw.exe but i got the error:"the station name or password were invalid please check and...." when i wanted to connect so i wondred if maybe i first need to create an account in game so i did but it said that the key (is it the key thats on the cd case, cause thats what i used) is already in use, but how could it be i bought the game and only played the tutorial :) or am i doing everything wrong?
i hope somebody can help me, because i read a couple of readmes and forumposts but didnt find any help, maybe u got a link or something like that. that would be helpful
thanks
nikl

Shawn319
06-20-2002, 09:26 AM
You forgot to change eqhost.txt.

basicly you were trying your EQEmu.org login/password on the verant servers which is obviously not going to work.

On the other hand, i doubt you have the may 30th patch files so you will have to wait untill EQemu v0.3.4 is released because the June 5th, 6th and 12th (current eq patch) does not work with 0.3.3.1.

e4rl
06-20-2002, 09:32 AM
The first thing that I recommend that you do, before you proceed any further is *create a backup*. This is not in the current readme but is recommended by almost everyone on the forums, including the author of the readme. So just take all of the files in your everquest folder and copy them to another folder, or if you have a cd-writer than burn them onto a cd. After you've done that then you can go on to the next step, which is to follow the instructions in the readme. They go something like this:

1) Patch to the current version of Everquest by
running "Everquest" on your desktop or by running
Everquest.exe in your EQ directory.

2) Download EQW 2.21 from [url]http://eqw.eqhackers.com/[/url]

**NOTE: EQW is the only way supported to run EQ. You can use
the "eqgame.exe patchme" command to start EQ without
patching but that may cause error when you try to connect.
Always try EQW first and if it doesnt work then try
eqgame.exe patchme. On the other hand, some people may not
be able to use EQW but eqgame patchme works fine.
More information on the "eqgame.exe patchme" commandline can
be found at [url]http://www.eqemu.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=213[/url]

3) Extract eqw.zip into your Everquest directory. It would also be
a good idea to create a shortcut of EQW.exe on your desktop.

**NOTE: EQW requires your desktop be set to 16 bit color mode.
If EQW doesnt work, try using a different color setting or desktop
resolution.

4) Open eqhost.txt in your EQ directory and change it to say this
(use copy/paste), You can also download this file
from [url]http://www.eqemu.org/eqhost.txt[/url]

[Registration Servers]
{
"eqlogin1.eqemu.org:5999"
}
[Login Servers]
{
"eqlogin1.eqemu.org:5999"
"eqlogin2.eqemu.org:5999"
}

rather than editing your eqhost.txt file you can download it from the link above (or from here (http://www.eqemu.org/eqhost.txt)) and then put the downloaded file into your everquest directory. When it asks you if you want to replace the file with the new one click yes (if you followed the instructions about creating a backup you have nothing to worry about). After you've done this (or possibly before) you should go to www.eqemu.org/login and create a login. It is this login that you should use to connect. If you've already done this you should make sure that you followed the instructions in the email that was sent to you as a response.

-e4rl

Shawn319
06-20-2002, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by e4rl
This is not in the current readme but is recommended by almost everyone on the forums, including the author of the readme.

Correction, a warning not to patch right away is in the current readme, and the most current readme can be found at the authors website folder ( http://www.eqemu.org/shawn319/readme.txt )

A note telling you to view this "current" readme can be found on entering the EQemu chat room at irc.trifocus.net #eqemu

chocobo
06-20-2002, 09:53 AM
It wont let me go to the chat room for3 some reason lol:p

nikl
06-21-2002, 03:51 AM
thanks,
i did change the eqhost.txt and i also created an account but still not working, i think i do have the wrong version. cant i get the old patch somehow and not get the newer one? or when is EQemu v0.3.4 comming out?

nikl
06-21-2002, 04:48 AM
ITS WORKING!!!! THANKS to all of u, u guys who helped me and the dudes that made that bad program :). but i have 2 more questions: 1. where should i start the game, where are the most other players? 2. why is it so lagy, and i mean realy laggy! i am used to a little bit, played uo on a freeshard)
thanks

chocobo
06-21-2002, 08:49 AM
if you wanna chance it which i do but have a back up eq is to run patcher then after patcher is complete change host then log into emu no lag and have to play full screen!:p

nikl
06-21-2002, 09:21 PM
ok its not lagy nomore, was probably just my computer. but i do have some more problems:
1. why is thetre no sound, is that normal?
2. where can i get more servers, or are all like between 0 players - 10 players but no more?
3. the game crashes when i wanna buy something from an npc (double right click i think)
thanks

eblan
06-21-2002, 09:49 PM
1. I get sound, I would say sound could be a number of things. Too many to list here, but I would highly doubt they're related to EQEmu anyway.

2. There probably are no more servers. EQEmu is still in development, I think at current the most users any one server has seen is 16 (correct me if i'm wrong). It'll be a lil while before there are any real large EQEmu servers.

3. Only need to right click once on a merchant to use it. The game crashing is normal for the reason stated in answer #2 "EQEmu is still in development". There probably isn't anything you can really do about this one except wait for a later release... :)

Hope this helps...

nikl
06-22-2002, 08:01 AM
yes it did :) thanks

nikl
06-22-2002, 08:11 AM
just found out about the sound, the volume was on 0 :) but still it crashes sometimes, no crashes is wrong cause the game says: u have been disconnected, and still works (then im back at the server window)