PDA

View Full Version : It did an update, now it wont work

pbellows
03-11-2008, 03:02 PM
It has been a long time since I played and when I clicked the Icon to login it did some kind of update... now I can't login. I even made a new LS to see if my other ones pw was wrong... but I still couldnt login.
I need some help.

mattmeck
03-11-2008, 04:16 PM
If you updated, you need to delete your whole EQ folder and reinstall.

pbellows
03-12-2008, 02:35 AM
I did a go back. Will that work?
How can I play? Every time I click the icon in the folder to play it tuns the test eq and stuff and asks me where I want to put the launch pad. What do I do?

ChaosSlayer
03-12-2008, 04:10 AM
I did a go back. Will that work?
How can I play? Every time I click the icon in the folder to play it tuns the test eq and stuff and asks me where I want to put the launch pad. What do I do?

you sure you running the the special shortcut as described in play guide?
or just everquest.exe?

pbellows
03-12-2008, 04:45 AM
I followed the instructions when I first set everything up and copied the icon that im suposed to use. eqgame.exe... something like that and when I wanted to play it yesterday I clicked the icon like I had done before and it started doing a patch and tried to install the Launch pad.
I'm going to re-install and set it up for the emulator again.

ChaosSlayer
03-12-2008, 05:31 AM
I followed the instructions when I first set everything up and copied the icon that im suposed to use. eqgame.exe... something like that and when I wanted to play it yesterday I clicked the icon like I had done before and it started doing a patch and tried to install the Launch pad.
I'm going to re-install and set it up for the emulator again.

this is what your shortcut to the game should say:
eqgame.exe patchme

this is what your eqhost.txt file should say:

[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998

pbellows
03-13-2008, 03:52 AM
I had tried doing that before I uninstalled it. the eqhost.txt was fine, but I couldnt get the shortcut to accept it.

Oh well, I'm reinstalling. Are there any updates that I need to get as well?

leslamarch
03-13-2008, 04:32 AM
I had tried doing that before I uninstalled it. the eqhost.txt was fine, but I couldnt get the shortcut to accept it.

Oh well, I'm reinstalling. Are there any updates that I need to get as well?

To troubleshoot download this EQEmulaucnher (http://www.lamarch.org/eqemulauncher.exe) and place it into your EQ directory and make your shortcut off of this file. You won;t need to use the patchme line or worry about changing the eqhost file, it will set the eqhost.txt file to public login for you.

pbellows
03-13-2008, 06:21 AM
Sweet, thanks!
So I don't need any updates or anything? It has been 5-6 months since I have played.

mattmeck
03-13-2008, 07:37 AM
You need a fresh install of titanium not patched in any way to live, just like the directions say.