PDA

View Full Version : a massive concussion of tangent thoughts.

thejudomadonna
03-19-2008, 10:32 AM
first, let me say thank you to this wonderful community, the product, the walkthrough, and the problem-solving.

i was hard-core EQ addicted 8 years ago, and it's been overjoyous to stroll down memory lane.

that being said, i am absolutely fried right now. I've been up for far too long configging, troubleshooting, and ultimately enjoying my server.

what's to follow is a series of thoughts/questions. i've read through countless wikis, and, no shit, 34 pages of forum posts, so please forgive me if i've missed something obvious....

first, i think there is a bug with the faction system. I wanted to do a quest which required ally faction. This was in the OoW expansion zones, which seem to be unfinished, as none of the correct mobs were giving me +faction hits.
To solve this, i went to N. Freeport, and with #invul 1, and #damage 90000 (or, the "lulz" button on the toolbar), i began the wholesale wanton destruction of the cleric/pally guild.

When i had my fill, i went out and /con'd the freeport miltia. Ally. Nice. I used #showstats, and found the factionid, then went back to OoW. Selected the quest npc, and #setfactionid to the value listed on the freeport militia.

stepped back, and found that i went from indifferent to....ready to attack?
(to be sure, i scrolled back up to the showstats listing, and i input everything correctly.)

i'm sort of unclear how #repop works. Upon zoning into fearplane for the first time, i expected Cazic Thule to be up. He wasn't. I depopped the zone, and then repopped, and he still wasn't up. Firstly, i was under the impression that on a fresh server reboot, every mob should be spawned. Secondly, is there a command to do this?

i've been running into some problems in some of the newer zones with mobs not dropping any loot. I checked the item db, and the items are indeed in there, but after 100+ creatures, not a single loot drop of any kind to be found. Is this just an unfinished zone, or is something borked on my end?

I run Minilogin, because i was under the impression that this was the only way that i could run the server and play from the same computer. Now i'd like to allow a few friends to join. is this possible with Minilogin? If so, would i need to get their ips?

i'm sure all blather more later, but i need sleep.

before i do, allow me to reiterate, that i have utitlized the wikisearch and the forum search functions to the best of my abilities. Even still, if the answer to any of this is "l2seach nub", please keep the snarky comments to a minimum.

Thanks again!

thejudomadonna
03-19-2008, 10:35 AM
oh oh, i almost forgot.

using the #incstats command to increase stats prompts me to use the #setstats command, which in turn tells me i don't have sufficient access level to do this.

I'm set at 250, i thought that was the highest there was?

i played with #zclip in an attempt to clear the PoTime trials solo (success, /phear), but in doing so i've severly whopperjawed clipping.

Will a server reboot restore this to default?
Is there a setting to walk through walls?