PDA

View Full Version : crashing when zoning

u571
06-21-2002, 02:07 PM
is it just me or do you crash everytime you zone using the emu?

ednecro
07-15-2002, 03:51 AM
I am seeig the same issue but I think this may
be one of those buggy things Shawn319 warned us about. It is still funtional in the fact if you wal off the edge of a zone you are flagged
for the zone you are entering, so even though you crash when you re-enter the world you will be in the zone you are going to. (Hey Im just happy
I dont have to restart the server every time, I relalized I came from version 0.1.6 (ack!)
You might try experimenting with #zonebootup
I have not tried this yet but say your are standing in west freeport and you are
about to zone to EC. do a:
#zonebootup ecommons East Common Lands
then try zoning or try using the #zone ecommons
command to see if that gets you there without crashing. Otherwise we may just have to live with it until a later release. Also if this reply sparks a thread perhaps one of the more senior members has some better "kung-fu" for us.

Shawn319
07-15-2002, 02:39 PM
Zoning will crash you. Crashing while logging in happens alot too but usually only in really populated startzones (dunno why). zones like qeynos and freeport may crash, but kelethin, surefall glade, felwithe, ect may work...

If you cant log in, make a new char that starts in a differant starting zone.

Thanatos
07-18-2002, 06:09 AM
EQ crashes when I use the #zone command...anyway to fix it?

ednecro
07-19-2002, 04:08 AM
Thats what he is saying in the above post, is "zoning." will always crash the emu.
You #zone and crash, and then when you log back in you will be in the zone you specified.
There is no fix for this yet.

Thanatos
07-19-2002, 04:19 AM
Okay, I just wasn't sure whether he meant zoning as in going to a zone line and zoning that way or using the #zone command. Guess I will just have to wait till the next release.