PDA

View Full Version : Unable to log on to Hogiebane

Phantom Lord
06-21-2002, 08:10 PM
Hello all, this is my first post. I wish it was for something good. My problem is that I can't get into the game on Hogiebane. I can make a character but when i try to log in it will load for a bit then put me back to server select. I've read every post to try and fix this problem but to still no avail. I hope you can help me.

Confused as hell
Phantom Lord

Shawn319
06-22-2002, 03:41 AM
hogiebane is running 0.3.4 and requires latest patch (patch at your own risk). and there is no support because you WILL have problems getting on.

Drizzt40
06-22-2002, 04:15 AM
Just a question,but will Hogiebane has Items on it when the next version of Eqemu is released?

Lurker_005
06-22-2002, 07:25 AM
Hogiebane should now have items on it. As of 6-21...

viscomsucks
06-22-2002, 09:02 AM
I am having similair problems of being dumped back to the server selection screen after picking my character. This is with any server I try except this one. This one gets to the same point, then EQ closes all together. I saw a note from someone that if you patch you are screwed?? If you have to patch, what is the solution, wait for a newer version of the hack and not play EQ?
Could hosting this on one of my machines get around this? I just started trying to get this going and cannot play yet.

Drizzt40
06-22-2002, 11:11 AM
Hogiebane works with the latest patch. And now I saw items on the server today. :D

viscomsucks
06-22-2002, 04:44 PM
I do not have Luclin, but I do have the trilogy. Do I need Luclin to connect to all the servers? That is the only thing I can think of.

spellcaster
06-23-2002, 04:56 AM
I'd love to try the online servers, I made an ID (despite it not liking my main Email address), and, every server, every single one (bar the one which says dont login) I cant even MAKE a character it disconnects me, my connection is good.. I suppose its just way too sensitive.

Any ideas??

Drizzt40
06-23-2002, 06:25 AM
If you have the latest patch,your best chance would be to try Hogiebane. If you have a backup of the patch right before June 5th,then try all the other servers.

spellcaster
06-23-2002, 09:20 AM
I tried that. I patched after 5th June - as I only started looking at emulators this weekend..

So.

I tried hogiebane.

It wont let me create a character, I get disconnected during the setup.

:(

During this time, Ive compiled it on linux, it lets me make characters, just not log into them..

Much as I hate ethernalquest, it did work out the box, just very badly, and reading here, its this product which sounds best, if only I could use it..

But I wanna see it in action. I'd help develop if I could see it work, I like the eqemu-admin program tool someone wrote it delphi, delphi is a fave language of mine just a shame 2.6 doesnt have all the bits needed to compile it, or I'd have fixed a few bugs.

raistlin
06-23-2002, 03:16 PM
damn i guess im sol cause i cant get into hogiebane beacuse i didnt patch, even though i can get into the other servers they suck because they are all empty!!. Damn talk about bein stuck between a rock and a hardplace.

dont wanna patch but then again i dont want to pay taxes either
so i guess ill go with the flow...:rolleyes: